Prince of Wales & Duchess of Cornwall: Visit to the United States - March 17-20, 2015

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

JessRulz

Former Administrator
City
Melbourne
Country
Australia
Prince of Wales & Duchess of Cornwall: Visit to the United States - March 17-20, 2015

At the request of the British Government,
Their Royal Highnesses The Prince of Wales and The Duchess of Cornwall
will make a four day visit to the United States of America
from 17th–20th March 2015.​

Washington, D.C.: March 17-19
Louisville, Kentucky: March 20

Press Release

Some of the engagements which will be undertaken during the visit:

Washington, D.C.
-Visit to the Armed Forces Retirement Home
-Visit to Mount Vernon, home of George Washington
-Prince Charles will visit the National Archives and view the 'Charters of Freedom' and the 1297 version of the Magna Carta
-Prince Charles will be honoured with the International Conservation Caucus Foundation's Exceptional Leadership in Conservation award
-Camilla will attend a meeting with the District of Columbia’s Sexual Assault Response Team (S.A.R.T.) at the Department of Forensic Sciences

Louisville
-Prince Charles will give a keynote address about the links between health and the natural environment at a health symposium
-Camilla will visit a food literacy project at a local farm

Great. Look forward to the trip.

Very good to hear Charles and Camilla will grace The United States with their presence once again. I'm looking forward to the coverage.

Richard Palmer @RoyalReporter · 1h 1 hour ago
President Obama is to meet Prince Charles and Camilla at the White House on March 19, it's just been announced in DC.

Last edited:
I guess I should say that I am looking forward to the trip but I can tell from their schedule in Washington, DC that the motorcade is going to mess up my commute at least twice.

In all seriousness, I am pleased that they will be visiting the Armed Services Retirement Home. It's a beautiful area. Perhaps they can pop into Lincoln's summer cottage while they are there.

It's also great that Camilla will meet with the Sexual Assault Response Team. It's a great cause and she will bring in some great publicity.

City's sustainable practices inspire Prince's visit
Even the Prince of Wales — the man first in line to the British throne — knows it's difficult to say no to Christy Brown.

The Louisville resident, widow of former Brown-Forman chairman Owsley Brown, has an impressive track record for founding and participating in organizations aimed at encouraging sustainable practices, and her efforts align with many of Prince Charles' own.

So when Brown invited the prince to visit her city last fall, he couldn't exactly turn down the offer, said Patrick Holden, founding director of The Sustainable Food Trust.

Getting ready for the royals: Charles and Camilla set ambitious D.C. itinerary - The Washington Post
Royal tourist alert! Among the fannypack-wearing hordes coming this week to gawk at monuments will be Prince Charles and his wife, Camilla, who are sweeping into town for an epic few days of sightseeing and socializing — all in the name of celebrating that “special relationship” we enjoy with the Brits.

Last edited:
I'm a proud American, and I welcome the Prince of Wales and Duchess of Cornwall with open arms. Many American's like the British royals, but really don't like to admit it much. I have no problem with admitting it.

Amen Dman!! I also like to add as a Diana fan she has proven herself worthy of the title of Queen. I respect the fact if she herself does not want to take the title.

Amen Dman!! I also like to add as a Diana fan she has proven herself worthy of the title of Queen. I respect the fact if she herself does not want to take the title.

I agree, no matter if she's the future Queen or Princess Consort, Camilla has gained my respect.

@GeorgeDSanchez: Prince Charles & Camilla are on US soil. Plane touched down moments ago at Joint Base Andrews. #DCDesk #Royals http://t.co/LFALuIJWxW

Camilla is never lucky with the wind ...

From Sky news

Charles And Camilla Arrive For US Tour
The Duke and Duchess of Cornwall have arrived in the United States for a four-day tour, which will include a meeting with Barack Obama at the White House and a visit to George Washington's family estate outside the American capital.

The trip should bring back fond memories for the Royal couple, who came to the US for their first official overseas visit 10 years ago after they became man and wife.

This time they will spend almost as much time apart as together as they lend their support to a number of projects close to their hearts.

For the Prince of Wales, that includes addressing a meeting of major companies, environmentalists and government representatives about the growing problems of plastic waste in the world's oceans as well as receiving an award at a separate event from the International Conservation Caucus Foundation for exceptional leadership in conservation.

Camilla, meanwhile, is due to attend a Rape Crisis unit in Washington and an animal welfare organisation in Kentucky of which she is patron.

You took the words right out of my mouth! :D

They mightn't fly up but golly it's a 80's throw back same style of dress same pearls same hairstyle time to update

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community

I agree, no matter if she's the future Queen or Princess Consort, Camilla has gained my respect.

I do hope she's Queen and not Princess Consort. :ermm: It lessens Charles, if he goes that route. JMO.

Looking forward to all the pictures of the visit. :flowers:

Camilla is never lucky with the wind ...

I like the way the wind styles her hair for her.

The wind restores her hair to its natural part. It is giving her hints that she should part it on the side.:whistling:

They mightn't fly up but golly it's a 80's throw back same style of dress same pearls same hairstyle time to update

The Queen hasn't changed her style for decades, neither did the Queen Mother and neither has Princess Anne. Camilla has found what suits her and what suits her position.

Good on her. Better that there's no focus on her style than that her clothes constantly upstage the work she and the Prince do.

Prince of Wales & Duchess of Cornwall: Visit to the United States - March 17-...

The Queen hasn't changed her style for decades, neither did the Queen Mother and neither has Princess Anne. Camilla has found what suits her and what suits her position.

Good on her. Better that there's no focus on her style than that her clothes constantly upstage the work she and the Prince do.

You can have a "style " but still update it.
Why would being dressed in a current style upstage Charles ?

Last edited:
If the press reports are concentrating on what the person is wearing they aren't reporting on the message or issue the person is supporting.

With The Queen, Camilla and Anne the reports are usually on the charity or the issue and not on the clothes.

With Kate, the emphasis in the reports is on what she is wearing and not on the causes - however if she set a 'standard' style and just changed the colours that emphasis would change to the issues rather than the clothes.

Couldn't disagree with you more concerning Kate her causes are well known at her engagements
Camilla doesn't have to be a fashion Queen but an update would be good

Whenever I read about Kate going on an engagement the focus of the article is on her clothes not her causes - what causes she supports - I don't know anyone who could name one but they can tell you what she wore to a range of engagements - because that is what the media reports.

Does Kate even have any causes she supports?

Camilla, on the other hand, wears the same style and so the only thing the media can report on is why she is there so the literacy or rape crisis or animal shelter gets the focus of any reports and that is the whole reason why she dresses the way she does - to have the media focus on her causes not her fashion choices.

Why are we trashing Kate in a thread about Charles and Camilla?

I will never understand why fans of certain members of the royal family feel the need to continually bash the other members of the family as a means of making their favourite look better.

:previous: Exactly Muriel.

VictoriaB said:

Rob Royal then asked:
Why would being dressed in a current style upstage Charles ?

I then made a comment about the fact that reports about Kate's engagements focus on her clothes while the media reports Camilla's issues and causes because her style doesn't change.

Some people have seen that as an attack on Kate - which is wasn't - it was an attack on the media that don't tell us about Kate and her causes but what she wears ad infinitum.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom