Prince of Wales & Duchess of Cornwall: Visit to the United States - March 17-20, 2015

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Their tour may not have pulled a great deal of coverage, but wait until the next Coronation. The coverage here in America will be spectacular. Americans young and old will become very familiar with King Charles and The Princess Consort/Queen.

Prince Charles and Camilla end second day of U.S. visit with glitzy black-tie charity dinner after royal's impassioned speech on recycling-
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/a...rial-civil-rights-leader-tour-Washington.html

Camilla looked stunning at the dinner last night and Charles always look good in a tux.

Video:
The Duke of Cornwall (Prince of Wales) has attended a drinks reception for key figures from the world of politics, arts and business, at the residence of the British Ambassador in Washington this evening-

Home - ITNSource News

Last edited by a moderator:
It is a little embarrassing that several news agencies did not mention the Magna Carta when discussing their visit to the Library of Congress. They are not generating huge excitement but the amount of coverage has been respectable. Charles and Camilla probably won't get major front page coverage until he ascends the throne. I think he is okay with waiting.

This is a link to an online Time article about his speech. Environment: Prince Charles Urges Action to Protect World Oceans*

Last edited:
Video:
The Duke and Duchess of Cornwall have met veterans from the American military during a visit to the Armed Forces Retirement Home in Washington. The visit comes on day two of their official visit to the United States, which is scheduled to include a meeting with President Obama and Vice President Joe Biden later on-

Home - ITNSource News

British Royals @britishroyals · 2h 2 hours ago
Fun Video: Prince Charles dances along as DC Mariachi plays during visit to @cr_school #RoyalVisitUSA (via @UKinUSA)
https://twitter.com/britishroyals/status/578598543687958528

Having a bowl! Prince Charles strikes out in Washington bowling alley - only knocking down a disappointing four pins (... but admiring Camilla doesn't seem to mind)-
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/a...hed-admiring-Camilla-visit-Army-veterans.html

Last edited:
Why's it funny?
That's how they are known worldwide. Occasionally it goes The Prince of Wales and the Duchess of Cornwall.

I have only been following the royal family since around about 1960 and the only time I have ever heard Charles referred to as Duke of Cornwall is when he is actually visiting Cornwall.

He is always referred to in the press I have read as either Prince Charles or The Prince of Wales.

Most people I know wouldn't even know who the Duke of Cornwall is ... some of my friends actually believe that Camilla is Duchess of Cornwall in her own right and that that title will pass to Tom.

Worldwide I would say they are known as The Prince of Wales and the Duchess of Cornwall or more often Prince Charles and Camilla, certainly not as the Duke and Duchess of Cornwall.

Outside of an official visit to Cornwall this is the first time I have ever seen them referred to in that way.

Tim Ewart @EwartRoyale · 1h 1 hour ago
President Obama tells Prince Charles Americans like the royal family much better than their own politicians

On The Today Show this morning they were saying 'The Prince of Wales and The Duchess of Cornwall'

Yesterday they referred to them as 'Their Royal Highnesses' something they didn't do with The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge.

From what I have seen and read, Charles and Camilla are receiving very positive reports here in the States. Personally, I don't see either Charles or Camilla wanting the adulation of the crowds that surrounded the Cambridges but are more focused on what they are here to stand up for and their causes receiving the coverage.

It doesn't surprise me that Obama made that statement about Americans liking the royal family more than the politicians. IMO, that's the truest statement that Obama has made in a very long time. :lol:

The coverage of them is really positive. I even heard of their visit on two radio stations this morning, the hosts sounded very positive about them.

Robert Jobson @theroyaleditor · 1h 1 hour ago
my PresidentObama Signs Order Cutting U.S. Government's Carbon Emissions - will please #PrinceCharles

Robert Jobson @theroyaleditor · 3h 3 hours ago
Obama said, "I think it's fair to say the American people are quite fond of the royal family. Charles said "That's awfully nice to know."

Robert Jobson @theroyaleditor · 3h 3 hours ago
#PresidentObama joked, "I think they like them (The Royal Family) more than there own politicians." #RoyalVisitUSA

I always enjoy seeing the President with the royal family.

Love the photos of the bowling :ROFLMAO: and very happy to hear that they are getting a good reception :flowers:

Beautiful and warm pictures of Camilla and the kids.
Pictures:
The Duchess of Cornwall visits Oxmore Farm and ‘The Brooke’ at Churchill Downs Racecourse, Louisville, Kentucky-

Camilla, The Duchess of Cornwall

To me this is what royalty shoud be about. Not the crowds crying out over a couple because they are ' young and beautiful' as happens with the Cambridges but rather the meaningful visits that so characterise the POW and DOC.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom