The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > The Prince of Wales and the Duchess of Cornwall

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 03-19-2015, 09:35 AM
Imperial Majesty

Their tour may not have pulled a great deal of coverage, but wait until the next Coronation. The coverage here in America will be spectacular. Americans young and old will become very familiar with King Charles and The Princess Consort/Queen.

Prince Charles and Camilla end second day of U.S. visit with glitzy black-tie charity dinner after royal's impassioned speech on recycling-
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/ar...ashington.html

Camilla looked stunning at the dinner last night and Charles always look good in a tux.

Video:
The Duke of Cornwall (Prince of Wales) has attended a drinks reception for key figures from the world of politics, arts and business, at the residence of the British Ambassador in Washington this evening-

Home - ITNSource News

GENTLEMAN'S ESSENTIALS
Old 03-19-2015, 09:52 AM
Serene Highness

It is a little embarrassing that several news agencies did not mention the Magna Carta when discussing their visit to the Library of Congress. They are not generating huge excitement but the amount of coverage has been respectable. Charles and Camilla probably won't get major front page coverage until he ascends the throne. I think he is okay with waiting.

This is a link to an online Time article about his speech. Environment: Prince Charles Urges Action to Protect World Oceans*

Old 03-19-2015, 12:40 PM
Royal Highness

A good summary of the first day in DC :

The "ChaCam" tour lol

The Duchess of dazzle! Camilla shimmers in silk during a lavish banquet on second night of the 'ChaCam' tour of the US | Daily Mail Online
Old 03-19-2015, 01:28 PM
Majesty

One in a Camillion: the increasing appeal of the Duchess of Cornwall - London Life - Life & Style - London Evening Standard
Old 03-19-2015, 03:10 PM
Courtier

Nice to see Camilla getting positive headlines!
Old 03-19-2015, 03:39 PM
Courtier

The Prince of Wales met with President Obama at the White House today

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CAev5J6XEAAbl26.jpg:large

The Prince of Wales and The Duchess of Cornwall meet President Obama and Vice-President Biden in the Oval Office of the Withe House.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CAezT_PWgAEOSby.jpg

Princess Isabel (1846-1921), Princess Imperial and Regent of the Empire of Brazil, after she signed the Golden Law, in 1888, abolishing slavery in Brazil.
Old 03-19-2015, 04:06 PM
Imperial Majesty

Video:
The Duke and Duchess of Cornwall have met veterans from the American military during a visit to the Armed Forces Retirement Home in Washington. The visit comes on day two of their official visit to the United States, which is scheduled to include a meeting with President Obama and Vice President Joe Biden later on-

Home - ITNSource News

British Royals @britishroyals · 2h 2 hours ago
Fun Video: Prince Charles dances along as DC Mariachi plays during visit to @cr_school #RoyalVisitUSA (via @UKinUSA)
https://twitter.com/britishroyals/st...98543687958528

Having a bowl! Prince Charles strikes out in Washington bowling alley - only knocking down a disappointing four pins (... but admiring Camilla doesn't seem to mind)-
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/ar...-veterans.html

GENTLEMAN'S ESSENTIALS
Old 03-19-2015, 04:49 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lumutqueen View Post
Why's it funny?
That's how they are known worldwide. Occasionally it goes The Prince of Wales and the Duchess of Cornwall.
I have only been following the royal family since around about 1960 and the only time I have ever heard Charles referred to as Duke of Cornwall is when he is actually visiting Cornwall.

He is always referred to in the press I have read as either Prince Charles or The Prince of Wales.

Most people I know wouldn't even know who the Duke of Cornwall is ... some of my friends actually believe that Camilla is Duchess of Cornwall in her own right and that that title will pass to Tom.

Worldwide I would say they are known as The Prince of Wales and the Duchess of Cornwall or more often Prince Charles and Camilla, certainly not as the Duke and Duchess of Cornwall.

Outside of an official visit to Cornwall this is the first time I have ever seen them referred to in that way.
Old 03-19-2015, 04:49 PM
Imperial Majesty

Tim Ewart @EwartRoyale · 1h 1 hour ago
President Obama tells Prince Charles Americans like the royal family much better than their own politicians

GENTLEMAN'S ESSENTIALS
Old 03-19-2015, 06:20 PM
Courtier

On The Today Show this morning they were saying 'The Prince of Wales and The Duchess of Cornwall'

Yesterday they referred to them as 'Their Royal Highnesses' something they didn't do with The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge.
Old 03-19-2015, 06:53 PM
Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
From what I have seen and read, Charles and Camilla are receiving very positive reports here in the States. Personally, I don't see either Charles or Camilla wanting the adulation of the crowds that surrounded the Cambridges but are more focused on what they are here to stand up for and their causes receiving the coverage.

It doesn't surprise me that Obama made that statement about Americans liking the royal family more than the politicians. IMO, that's the truest statement that Obama has made in a very long time.
“When I was 5 years old, my mother always told me that happiness was the key to life. When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down ‘happy’. They told me I didn’t understand the assignment, and I told them they didn’t understand life.”
― John Lennon
Old 03-19-2015, 07:17 PM
Commoner

The coverage of them is really positive. I even heard of their visit on two radio stations this morning, the hosts sounded very positive about them.
Old 03-19-2015, 07:31 PM
Imperial Majesty

Robert Jobson @theroyaleditor · 1h 1 hour ago
my PresidentObama Signs Order Cutting U.S. Government's Carbon Emissions - will please #PrinceCharles

Robert Jobson @theroyaleditor · 3h 3 hours ago
Obama said, "I think it's fair to say the American people are quite fond of the royal family. Charles said "That's awfully nice to know."

Robert Jobson @theroyaleditor · 3h 3 hours ago
#PresidentObama joked, "I think they like them (The Royal Family) more than there own politicians." #RoyalVisitUSA

I always enjoy seeing the President with the royal family.

GENTLEMAN'S ESSENTIALS
Old 03-19-2015, 08:23 PM
Royal Highness

President Obama admits royal envy to Prince Charles and Camilla | Daily Mail Online
Old 03-19-2015, 09:06 PM
Serene Highness

A few more articles about today's schedule:Prince Charles meets Obama, tours Lincoln's Cottage
Prince Charles, Camilla wow other tourists on U.S. visit | Reuters
Prince Charles, Camilla to Meet With President as D.C. Tour Continues - Washington Wire - WSJ
Old 03-19-2015, 10:24 PM
Nobility

Love the photos of the bowling and very happy to hear that they are getting a good reception
Old 03-20-2015, 04:17 AM
Administrator

Here's a nice gallery of day 3, March 19:

** gettyimages/zimbio: Prince Charles Visits Washington, DC: Day 3 **
Old 03-20-2015, 06:12 AM
Imperial Majesty

GENTLEMAN'S ESSENTIALS
Old 03-20-2015, 06:43 AM
Majesty

Pearl necklace for Camilla, pearls of wisdom from Charles: Royals say goodbye to Washington as they head to Kentucky for last day of their tour

Read more: Pearl necklace for Camilla, pearls of wisdom from Charles: Royals say goodbye to Washington as they head to Kentucky for last day of their tour | Daily Mail Online
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook
Old 03-20-2015, 06:52 PM
Imperial Majesty

A knock-out time in Kentucky! Prince Charles and Camilla end their US tour with a visit to Louisville...and a very special message from Muhammad Ali-
A knock-out time in Kentucky! Prince Charles and Camilla end their US tour by meeting boxing legend Muhammad Ali in his home city of Louisville | Daily Mail Online

GENTLEMAN'S ESSENTIALS

Tags
america, camilla, duchess of cornwall, official visit, prince charles, prince of wales, united states of america, visit