The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > The Prince of Wales and the Duchess of Cornwall

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 03-18-2015, 12:14 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nico View Post
Camilla is never lucky with the wind ...
I like the way the wind styles her hair for her.

The wind restores her hair to its natural part. It is giving her hints that she should part it on the side.

Old 03-18-2015, 01:20 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by royal rob View Post
They mightn't fly up but golly it's a 80's throw back same style of dress same pearls same hairstyle time to update

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community
The Queen hasn't changed her style for decades, neither did the Queen Mother and neither has Princess Anne. Camilla has found what suits her and what suits her position.

Good on her. Better that there's no focus on her style than that her clothes constantly upstage the work she and the Prince do.

Old 03-18-2015, 02:33 AM
Royal Highness

Prince of Wales & Duchess of Cornwall: Visit to the United States - March 17-...

Quote:
Originally Posted by VictoriaB View Post
The Queen hasn't changed her style for decades, neither did the Queen Mother and neither has Princess Anne. Camilla has found what suits her and what suits her position.

Good on her. Better that there's no focus on her style than that her clothes constantly upstage the work she and the Prince do.

You can have a "style " but still update it.
Why would being dressed in a current style upstage Charles ?

Old 03-18-2015, 04:20 AM
Imperial Majesty

If the press reports are concentrating on what the person is wearing they aren't reporting on the message or issue the person is supporting.

With The Queen, Camilla and Anne the reports are usually on the charity or the issue and not on the clothes.

With Kate, the emphasis in the reports is on what she is wearing and not on the causes - however if she set a 'standard' style and just changed the colours that emphasis would change to the issues rather than the clothes.
Old 03-18-2015, 04:25 AM
Administrator

Here's a gallery of March 17:

** The Prince Of Wales And The Duchess Of Cornwall Visit Washington, DC - Day 1 **
Old 03-18-2015, 04:26 AM
Royal Highness

Couldn't disagree with you more concerning Kate her causes are well known at her engagements
Camilla doesn't have to be a fashion Queen but an update would be good

Old 03-18-2015, 05:10 AM
Imperial Majesty

Whenever I read about Kate going on an engagement the focus of the article is on her clothes not her causes - what causes she supports - I don't know anyone who could name one but they can tell you what she wore to a range of engagements - because that is what the media reports.

Does Kate even have any causes she supports?

Camilla, on the other hand, wears the same style and so the only thing the media can report on is why she is there so the literacy or rape crisis or animal shelter gets the focus of any reports and that is the whole reason why she dresses the way she does - to have the media focus on her causes not her fashion choices.
Old 03-18-2015, 06:18 AM
Nobility

Why are we trashing Kate in a thread about Charles and Camilla?

I will never understand why fans of certain members of the royal family feel the need to continually bash the other members of the family as a means of making their favourite look better.
Old 03-18-2015, 06:39 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by PetticoatLane View Post
Why are we trashing Kate in a thread about Charles and Camilla?
I believe the criticism is not about Kate but the media reporting of royal engagements.
Old 03-18-2015, 07:07 AM
Imperial Majesty

Exactly Muriel.

VictoriaB said:
Quote:

Rob Royal then asked:
Quote:
Why would being dressed in a current style upstage Charles ?
I then made a comment about the fact that reports about Kate's engagements focus on her clothes while the media reports Camilla's issues and causes because her style doesn't change.

Some people have seen that as an attack on Kate - which is wasn't - it was an attack on the media that don't tell us about Kate and her causes but what she wears ad infinitum.
Old 03-18-2015, 07:16 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by royal rob View Post
They mightn't fly up but golly it's a 80's throw back same style of dress same pearls same hairstyle time to update
Why ? it's a style she's comfortable with, it suits her and she's always appropriatley dressed. Camilla is not a brand or a software and doesn't need some "update" to do her work : supporting the Prince of Wales, her country and the British Monarchy.
Old 03-18-2015, 07:46 AM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

Prince of Wales and Duchess of Cornwall begin US visit

BBC News - Prince Charles and Duchess of Cornwall begin US visit
Old 03-18-2015, 08:24 AM
Royal Highness

Prince Charles and Camilla land in US for four-day visit | Daily Mail Online
Old 03-18-2015, 09:41 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by muriel View Post
I believe the criticism is not about Kate but the media reporting of royal engagements.
I don't think so. The suggestion seems to be that Kate, unlike Camilla, varies her wardrobe therefore ensuring that the coverage is of her clothes as opposed to the issues she's involved with. That she deliberately goes out of her way to make it all about her outfits whereas if she didn't all the media reports would be about children's hospices and addiction.

The idea that Camilla occasionally trying something new with her wardrobe would somehow overshadow the PoW is crazy. Given the lack of coverage of their events, surely a bit of extra interest, even in her wardrobe, is better than almost no coverage at all.
Old 03-18-2015, 09:43 AM
Administrator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger

Let's not get into a debate about clothes, particular royal ladies and the media. If you want to discuss fashion, do so in the fashion forum.

Further posts on the matter will be removed at moderator discretion.
Old 03-18-2015, 12:01 PM
Imperial Majesty

Video:
The Duke and Duchess of Cornwall have attended a drinks reception for embassy staff at the British Ambassador’s Residence in Washington. It marks the start of official engagements on their 4 day visit to the United States, where they will promote the UK’s partnership with America in areas such as climate change and corporate responsibility-

Home - ITNSource News

Emily Nash @emynash · 40m 40 minutes ago
Charles and Camilla at Martin Luther King Memorial with Jesse Jackson and John Lewis and Terri Sewell from Congress
https://twitter.com/emynash/status/578207644663586817

British Embassy @UKinUSA · 16m 16 minutes ago
The Prince of Wales and The Duchess of Cornwall visit the Martin Luther King, Jr. Memorial in DC #RoyalVisitUSA
https://twitter.com/UKinUSA/status/578214076674928640

I'm very happy Charles and Camilla visited our historic memorial of Dr. King.

GENTLEMAN'S ESSENTIALS
Old 03-18-2015, 01:06 PM
Nobility

I have to say, I'm very impressed that the President meets so many of the BRF when they visit Washington. First William and now C&C. I don't think any other heirs or second-in-lines are given that opportunity. It really is a very nice gesture.
Old 03-18-2015, 02:00 PM
Serene Highness

Washington Post update: Royal Watch! Updates from Charles and Camilla’s jam packed day in D.C. - The Washington Post

For people who may not know Congressman John Lewis, he is a hero of the U.S. civil rights movement and marched with the Rev. Martin Luther King.
Old 03-18-2015, 04:00 PM
Imperial Majesty

That's one way to liven up a history lesson! High school students are stunned to run into Prince Charles and Camilla in Washington as he is mobbed by fans-
Prince Charles and Camilla visit Martin Luther King memorial during tour of Washington | Daily Mail Online

It touches my heart to see the American people embrace Charles and Camilla, especially the young people.

PetticoatLane, I can really tell President & Mrs. Obama are very fond of the royal family.

US Royal Watcher, Congressman John Lewis is a true hero in Congress and in our Country.

Video:
Charles And Camilla Tour Washington Monuments-

Charles And Camilla Tour Washington Monuments

Inside Heir Force One: The luxury Airbus A320 Head Of State carrying Charles and Camilla across the Atlantic – complete with bedroom, private office and bathroom with golden taps - at a cost of £120,000 -
Inside Heir Force One: Luxury Airbus A320 Head Of State carrying Prince Charles to US | Daily Mail Online

GENTLEMAN'S ESSENTIALS
Old 03-18-2015, 04:51 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by US Royal Watcher View Post
Washington Post update: Royal Watch! Updates from Charles and Camilla’s jam packed day in D.C. - The Washington Post

For people who may not know Congressman John Lewis, he is a hero of the U.S. civil rights movement and marched with the Rev. Martin Luther King.

He was on The Daily Show w/John Stewart not that long ago in connection w/the Selma Commemorations. Highly recommend finding and watching the episode online if you can. Congressman Lewis is an American National Treasure IMO. :)

Poor Camilla yesterday. It's one thing to deal w/being on display after a long plane ride, but to come out looking your best only for Mother Nature to wreck havoc...Give her credit for seeing the humour in it. :)

Sent from my iPad using The Royals Community mobile app

Tags
america, camilla, duchess of cornwall, official visit, prince charles, prince of wales, united states of america, visit