Prince of Wales and Duchess of Cornwall: Visit to Italy & Germany - April 26-30, 2009

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Skydragon

Imperial Majesty
City
London and Highlands
Country
United Kingdom
Prince of Wales and Duchess of Cornwall: Visit to Italy & Germany - April 26-30, 2009

The Prince of Wales and the Duchess of Cornwall are to meet the Pope for the first time on an official visit to Italy.

The royal couple will be granted a rare private audience with Benedict XVI at the Vatican later this month, which is likely to cause comment in Italy because both Prince Charles and Camilla are divorcees

Charles and Camilla to meet the Pope for first time during five-day trip to Italy | Mail Online

Thanks for the infos Skydragon!:flowers:
I didn't know they are coming to Italy soon.
I wonder why they say in the article: The royal couple will be granted a rare private audience with Benedict XV.
Private audiences are not rare at all!

Are they rare for royalty?
Is this there first time seeing the pope?

Last edited by a moderator:
which is likely to cause comment in Italy because both Prince Charles and Camilla are divorcees

That would surprise me. Charles is not even a Catholic. The Pope has recently met with a few people who are not "politically correct" in their private lifes, among them, connecting to the German topic, Horst Seehofer, a catholic German politician who fathered a child with a mistress and failed to commit himself neither to his mistress, nor to his wife for months.

Another interesting link.
Prince Charles to meet Pope

That would surprise me. Charles is not even a Catholic. The Pope has recently met with a few people who are not "politically correct" in their private lifes, among them, connecting to the German topic, Horst Seehofer, a catholic German politician
Is that the difference, the fact that neither Charles nor Camilla are Catholics?:flowers:

Is that the difference, the fact that neither Charles nor Camilla are Catholics?:flowers:

:D my point was that if the pope started checking on people lifes being lead in accordance with the idea of the catholic church before granting a private audience he would have a lot more spare time these days.

it shouldn't matter and it rightly so it doesn't when receiving foreign diginaries.

which is likely to cause comment in Italy because both Prince Charles and Camilla are divorcees

Well, the Roman Catholic Church cannot possibly see him as a divorced man since his ex-wife is dead. He would be considered a widower by the RC Church, wouldn't he? :ermm:

:D my point was that if the pope started checking on people lifes being lead in accordance with the idea of the catholic church before granting a private audience he would have a lot more spare time these days.
Exactly. The Pope grants private audiences every day to people of different religion, nationality, status etc.,divorced and plurimarried too.
Exactly like any other Head of State.
I don't see the problem in granting a private audience also to the Crown Prince of England. It is a courtesy visit to a Head of State, like their visit to Italian President Napolitano.

:previous: It was the only reason suggested for it to have been called 'a rare private audience'. I forgot it is in the Mail who are not renowned for accuracy, IMO! :flowers:

Prince Charles and HH The Pope, Relationship so far:

Meeting John Paul II, April 1985, with Diana, Princess of Wales
Getty Images - Charles Diana Pope Vatican
20 years later, April 2005, attending memorial mass in London for John Paul II, with Camilla Parker Bowles (fiancee)
Getty Images - Royals And Political Leaders Attend Service For Pope
A few days later, April 2005, attending funeral mass in Rome for John Paul II, on his own.
Getty Images - Several government officials, including

So first time meeting with Benedikt, and we can expect Camilla in the usual outfit for the occasion & headscarf.

The Prince of Wales and the Duchess of Cornwall are due to meet Pope Benedict XVI at the Vatican later

BBC NEWS | UK | Charles and Camilla to meet Pope

Dismissing the maxim, 'When in Rome, do as the Romans do', Charles flew in home-grown beef from his Highgrove estate and lamb from Wales by private jet.

They will tuck into the meat at a special lunch today cooked up by Italian chefs as part of Charles sustainable food campaign

When in Rome... Prince Charles brings a taste of home as he takes prime cuts of British meat on Italian tour | Mail Online

Thank you both for the pictures! :flowers:

PRINCE Charles met the Pope today — and also found time to make a surprise joke about David Beckham to Italian politicians.

In a break with protocol the Prince was introduced to the Pontiff alongside wife Camilla — normally spouses are brought in afterwards.

Joker Prince meets the Pope | The Sun |News|Royals

Pope Benedict XVI and Britain's Prince Charles spent 15 minutes talking about the environment and other affairs during a meeting on Monday, the Vatican said.

Pope and Prince Charles discuss environment at Vatican : Environment

A comparision btw Diana and Camilla from the D..Mail is like turkey at Christmas: it's a tradition:
:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: Wait for the Express! :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Did Camilla curtsey to His Holiness?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom