Prince of Wales & Duchess of Cornwall: Tour of the Caribbean & Cuba - Mar 17-29, 2019

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

JessRulz

Former Administrator
City
Melbourne
Country
Australia
Prince of Wales & Duchess of Cornwall: Tour of the Caribbean & Cuba - Mar 17-29, 2019

The Prince of Wales and the Duchess of Cornwall will undertake a tour of selected Caribbean countries this March.

The couple will visit St Lucia, Barbados, St Vincent and the Grenadines,
St Kitts and Nevis, Grenada, Cuba and the Cayman Islands.

The tour will take place between March 17 and 29, 2019.

March 17 and 18 - St Lucia
March 19 - Barbados
March 20 - St Vincent and the Grenadines
March 21 and 22 - St Kitts and Nevis
March 23 - Grenada
March 24 to 27 - Cuba
March 27 - Cayman Islands

"The visit will highlight the longstanding relationship with these Commonwealth Realms & the British Overseas Territory of The Cayman Islands. TRH will visit Cuba to highlight the growing bilateral relationship with the U.K. & showcase the cultural links between the two countries."

Official Press Release

Last edited:
Chris Ship @chrisshipitv 9m9 minutes ago
Prince Charles and Camilla’s historic trip to Cuba will take place from Sunday 24 March. The first ever visit to the state by a British Royal will take in Havana and the island’s south coast. The @foreignoffice says it won’t stop UK’s ‘open and frank’ dialogue on human rights.

Roya Nikkhah @RoyaNikkhah 10m10 minutes ago
Charles and Camilla will be welcomed by Cuba's president, but Clarence House says they have no plans to meet with Raul Castro. Their visit will take in the classic cars, dance studios and boxing gyms of Havana, where Prince Charles will learn more about Cuba's organic farming.

Lizzie Robinson @LizzieITV 10m10 minutes ago
The President of Cuba, Miguel Díaz-Canel, will host an official dinner for the couple during their stay. They will also attend a wreath laying ceremony for the essayist and poet Jose Marti, visit one of the country’s leading dance studios and view British classic cars.

Charles and Camilla will be in Cuba from March 24th to 28th, flying home on/by the 29th.

Last edited:
Wonder if a (leased) "royal yacht' will be used like the last time they toured the Caribbeans.

This should be interesting. I think it has been about a decade since they have done an official tour of the region.

Wonder if a (leased) "royal yacht' will be used like the last time they toured the Caribbeans.

I doubt it, they got a lot of criticism for the yacht.

Last edited by a moderator:
It’s going to be a difficult visit for Camilla. She really minds the heat and humidity.

It’s going to be a difficult visit for Camilla. She really minds the heat and humidity.

I suspect she will spend a few days in the area before the start of the tour to acclimatise and work through her jet lag.

Well I live in Barbados. No idea that they were coming. But there are plenty British tourists here for cricket. Camilla better come prepared...it is HOT! They will be very sun tanned when they leave to go back to the UK.

Its their 1st visit to Cuba which will be historic,looking forward to this trip.

Do we know what time they are arriving? Which RR are going? Haven’t seen anything on twitter and only Chris Jackson on Instagram.

Looking forward to this tour including the historic stop in Cuba :flowers:

They are actually my favorite couple to watch on a tour. Harry and Meghan in second but back a bit.

To begin the visit, The Prince is meeting with Prime Minister Allen Chastanet and Governor-General Sir Emmanuel Neville Cenac.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/D14z3MlXcAIqLbP.jpg

Prince Charles is attending an event to celebrate 40 years of St Lucia’s independence.
A military parade involving police, members of the fire service and cadets kicks off the celebrations.

Another Gallery

https://www.gettyimages.es/search/u...t=none&family=editorial&editorialproducts=all

No, Duchess of Cornwall will join him in Barbados on 19 March.

Last edited by a moderator:
Looking forward to this tour including the historic stop in Cuba :flowers:

They are actually my favorite couple to watch on a tour. Harry and Meghan in second but back a bit.

As much as I like following all royal tours, Charles and Camilla are tied with Harry and Meghan just about evenly. Both couples actively show that they're enjoying where they are and with what they are doing. That, to me, makes all the difference. I also have to admit that for a tour in a warm climate, I look forward to Camilla's outfits the most.

Great to see the first photos. Wonderful welcome and parade :flowers:

Is Camilla not joining him in St Lucia??

I agree Osipi, I like her fashion in warmer countries.

As much as I like following all royal tours, Charles and Camilla are tied with Harry and Meghan just about evenly. Both couples actively show that they're enjoying where they are and with what they are doing. That, to me, makes all the difference. I also have to admit that for a tour in a warm climate, I look forward to Camilla's outfits the most.
I agree 100%. Age, Camilla or both have really given us back our young PoW. He seems to love seeing everything and when Camilla is there he smiles even more, laughs is ready to try anything, be it dancing, an ice cream cone or a bit of the local cuisine. When did he ever use to do that?

He smiles, he laughs and once again doesn't take himself too seriously. And, when Camilla joins him we will also be riveted by her wardrobe which, to be honest, interests me as much as Meghan's. If she doesn't go too radical we will at least see her beautiful parasols.

I agree 100%. Age, Camilla or both have really given us back our young PoW. He seems to love seeing everything and when Camilla is there he smiles even more, laughs is ready to try anything, be it dancing, an ice cream cone or a bit of the local cuisine. When did he ever use to do that?

He smiles, he laughs and once again doesn't take himself too seriously. And, when Camilla joins him we will also be riveted by her wardrobe which, to be honest, interests me as much as Meghan's. If she doesn't go too radical we will at least see her beautiful parasols.

I agree with all of this. In addition, one of the things I love about Camilla's clothing is that she doesn't feel compelled to have a new outfit for every event on every trip, and I wish the younger royal ladies would emulate this more than they do. I like seeing how she handles warm weather trips with her caftans and flowy pants. I love her parasols, and I love her warm smile and willingness to throw herself into whatever activity is in front of her without too much concern for whether it's a bit silly, or, if it's food, if it might be a bit messy.

Court Circular 17th March:
The Prince of Wales this morning departed from Royal Air Force Brize Norton for St. Lucia and was received later upon arrival at Hewanorra International Airport by the Governor-General of Saint Lucia (Sir Emmanuel Cenac) and the Prime Minister of Saint Lucia (the Hon. Allen Chastanet).

His Royal Highness this afternoon attended a Youth Rally at Philip Marcellin Grounds, Vieux Fort.

The Prince of Wales afterwards attended a Reception at Serenity at Coconut Bay, Eau Piquant, Vieux Fort.

His Royal Highness this evening departed from St. Lucia for Barbados.

Court Circular 17th March:
The Prince of Wales this morning departed from Royal Air Force Brize Norton for St. Lucia and was received later upon arrival at Hewanorra International Airport by the Governor-General of Saint Lucia (Sir Emmanuel Cenac) and the Prime Minister of Saint Lucia (the Hon. Allen Chastanet).

His Royal Highness this afternoon attended a Youth Rally at Philip Marcellin Grounds, Vieux Fort.

The Prince of Wales afterwards attended a Reception at Serenity at Coconut Bay, Eau Piquant, Vieux Fort.

His Royal Highness this evening departed from St. Lucia for Barbados.

It is good he's visiting this country where Her Majesty the Queen is the Head of State.

Last edited:
Whooo! Get it, Prince Charles! He's still pretty fit. (I hate that I clicked the DM link, but I had to see the patterned trunks :lol:)

Glad Camilla has arrived safely.

Hello, is it me you’re looking for....

Just announced today - @LionelRichie is the new Global Ambassador of @PrincesTrust.
#RoyalVisitBarbados

it's not unusual to see a Sex Bomb the Prince of Funk and Soul and a future King @PrincesTrust reception #RoyalVisitBarbados #RoyalVisitCaribbean #Royals @ShutterstockNow

The Prince of Wales has been joined by Sir Tom Jones and Lionel Richie at a Princes Trust Reception in Barbados.

In other news, the "vacation" pictures have attracted some legal attention.

http://royalcentral.co.uk/uk/charle...-following-publication-of-beach-photos-118085

The Prince of Wales’s solicitor has written a letter to newspaper organisations in the UK following the publication of photographs online on Tuesday.

The paparazzi-style photos show Prince Charles and the Duchess of Cornwall paddling on the beach in Barbados during a brief moment of rest on their Caribbean tour.

According to the Press Associaton, the solicitor has contacted press organisations to remind them of Their Royal Highnesses’ “reasonable expectation to privacy.”

Last edited:
Looking fantastic for your age must run in the family - Charles certainly takes after Philip for still having a great physical appearance at the age he is.

Back
Top Bottom