Prince of Wales and Duchess of Cornwall: Tour of India and Sri Lanka - Nov 6-16, 2013

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Remarks by Simon Martin, Deputy Private Secretary to TRH on Foreign and Commonwealth Affairs, on the upcoming tour to India, Sri Lanka and The Prince representing Her Majesty The Queen at the 2013 CHOGM-
Our view

A little more information on the upcoming trip to India.

Eton vs Doon, thanks to Camilla

I'm guessing and hoping that The Duchess stops before or after the trip at that spa she has been to several times in the past. Remember how great she looked after the last stopover there? Now if she'd just hold a drawing for those of us here at the forums to win a golden ticket to go along with her. ;)

Last edited:
I think Camilla will spend a few days at a spa. Usually she needs time to feel good in a country with warm climate

I remember all too well how she looked after spending the time at that spa. She radiated and glowed and looked like a million bucks! If I could afford something like that, I'd be on the next plane out.

I like AdmirerUS's idea of a sweepstakes. Now if we could just find a rich sponsor.....

That Spa has obviously done the Duchess a great deal of good... she positively GLOWS in these photographs.

I wish them both a wonderful, and successful sojurn in India.

http://im.rediff.com/news/2013/nov/06arti1.jpg
I am glad they were there for the aarthi..

I wanna give a brief idea for you of this ceremony, which I witnessed a few years ago..It was totally amazing.
Basically, aarthi is the part of every Hindu worship, where the concerned God/Goddess is offered the sacred fire..
The River Ganga has a very sacred place in Hindu culture and mythology.
According to mythology, ages ago people were suffering from drought and dying. The noble sage Bhagiratha does a lot of tapas (yogic meditation) to please The Gods, and when they are pleased, he is granted a boon by Goddess Ganga, who stays in Swarg (heaven). He pleads her to come to earth and quench the thirst of the people on earth. Thus, to fulfill that boon, Goddess Ganga descends on earth and turns the land green and fertile, making the people happy and prosperous.
Thus this aarti is a worship to Her for all the prosperity she has given them..

A few more pics taken on normal days..(Since today there was more security I guess it was scaled down..)
Haridwar Ganga Aarti, a photo from Uttarakhand, North | TrekEarth
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_ddGG_IT87nk/TD9N05ujaKI/AAAAAAAAA2U/kH3FrX_HITQ/s1600/P1010752.JPG

Its interesting that they have chosen to visit India again, given the number of times they have been in the last decade.

One can never have enough of India..:lol::flowers:

Last edited:
Is today not the day that Camilla will visit the Doon School?

Is today not the day that Camilla will visit the Doon School?

I didnt read about the visit to Doon School. There is hardly any reporting about that in the Indian media. They are all excited about the grand success of Mars Mission, Sachin Tendulkar's last Test and the coming elections..
Today, apart from IMA, The Prince visited Forest Research Institute and was awarded an honorary degree..

Work to curb effects of climate change: Prince Charles to NGOs - Indian Express

Last edited:
Does anyone know what uniform the POW is wearing? What does one wear to visit another country's Military Academy? Would the Gurkha uniform impress or offend?
This is all down to my American Ignorance here. US schools give late British Colonialism short shrift. All I know about the British in India I learned from historical mystery series and Gunga Din. I've put it on my to do list...

Does anyone know what uniform the POW is wearing? What does one wear to visit another country's Military Academy? Would the Gurkha uniform impress or offend?
This is all down to my American Ignorance here. US schools give late British Colonialism short shrift. All I know about the British in India I learned from historical mystery series and Gunga Din. I've put it on my to do list...

I believe that is the uniform of a Field Marshall of the British Army. Warm Weather Service Dress.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom