Prince of Wales and Duchess of Cornwall: Tour of India and Sri Lanka - Nov 6-16, 2013

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
:previous:
The whole trip is like a cheap American political campaign. The pearl necklace worn by Camilla, Duchess of Cornwall, during day 2 is lovely.

Last edited:
:previous:
It has been kind of you to provide the link. These clips are just glossy PR campaigns that yield very little tangible results. The enlightened westerns can believe them.
At the same time, the senior hard-working British royals still come across as oily cheap politicians.

Last edited:
^^ Why do you say that? (that they come across as oily cheap politicians)

Their role is to bring attention to causes and they are doing that.

Politicians' role is to get elected - and then do nothing until the next election comes around.

No comparison - one is to help people while the other is to help themselves.

Politicians' role is to get elected - and then do nothing until the next election comes around.

One of the best, most succinct descriptions of the royal role Ive ever read and defines politicans very clearly. Thank you

for me, this defines why I want a constitutional monarchy rather than an elected head of state.

All one has to do is look at the politicians here in the States around the time of the election. All of a sudden, they're caring about this cause, and that cause, while at all other times, they're worrying about themselves. Your description is spot on.

One of the best, most succinct descriptions of the royal role Ive ever read and defines politicans very clearly. Thank you

for me, this defines why I want a constitutional monarchy rather than an elected head of state.
Couldn't have said it better myself!

I agree, they are having a great time on this trip.

Prince Charles throws flower to British woman who serenades him with 'Happy Birthday' from a balcony during tour of India | Mail Online

A red rose from a prince: Charles throws flower to British woman who serenades him with 'Happy Birthday' from a balcony during tour of India

• Prince threw rose to British tourist Trish Lewis when she started singing
  • Was serenaded as he walked along bustling Jew Street during tour
  • Prince spent birthday morning at luxury Kumarakom Lake Resort
  • Royal party booked 30 rooms at hotel which was guarded by 400 police
  • Presented with cake featuring portrait of him and Duchess of Cornwall

Please..India did not pull out of Commonwealth Summit.. The Prime Minister is not attending, and sending the Foregn Minister instead.
For atleast 'real' news we have better sites to go to than the flashy airheads at DM..

It is normal for the foreign ministers to have a pre-summit meeting - and they have done so this time but the Heads of Government also attend and India's Head of Government has pulled out effectively pulling India out for all real publicity purposes whether the FM attends or not.

:previous: Hmm..Maybe you have a point. the British should have aggressively lobbied to convince India's Prime Minister to attend. Afterall its actually they who make a big show of all this Commonwealth stuff, to give a sort of feeling that their Empire is still alive..
In Indian media (leave alone public) there is hardly any relevance for Commonwealth. There was indeed a very serious discussion for weeks whether we should yield to tamil pressure groups and boycott it..But it was all about relations with Sri lanka..Nothing about Commonwealth as such..

Thank you for posting those video links, Nico. I enjoyed both of them very much.

I wonder if Camilla will appear in full regalia like in Uganda back in 2007 ...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom