Prince of Wales and Duchess of Cornwall: Tour of India and Sri Lanka - Nov 6-16, 2013

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder if Camilla will appear in full regalia like in Uganda back in 2007 ...

I'm not sure but it would be nice to see Camilla in her regalia.

Happy Birthday Prince Charles! Hope the Future King had a wonderful 65th Birthday with Family and friends.

Happy Birthday Prince Charles! Hope the Future King had a wonderful 65th Birthday with Family and friends.

Other than his wife his family were thousands of miles away in the UK while he was in India and presumably the same with his friends as he is on an official tour so friends and family don't travel with him.

Camilla in a tiara (Boucheron) at tonight's banquet. Apparently Charles brought wine from Cornwall - promoting British as usual.

Rebecca English ‏@RE_DailyMail 2m
the Duchess of Cornwall glitters in the Queen Mother's honeycomb boucheron tiara at the #CHOGM banquet tonight

http://t.co/M1Ii5voVuI

Rebecca English always has sideways pix!

Camilla in a tiara (Boucheron) at tonight's banquet. Apparently Charles brought wine from Cornwall - promoting British as usual.

Rebecca English ‏@RE_DailyMail 2m
the Duchess of Cornwall glitters in the Queen Mother's honeycomb boucheron tiara at the #CHOGM banquet tonight

http://t.co/M1Ii5voVuI

Rebecca English always has sideways pix!

So regalia tonight yay !
At first sight it looks promising !

Although we're waiting for better pictures, I think this is the only time Camilla has looked good during this trip, IMO of course.

Pictures:
The Prince Of Wales And Duchess Of Cornwall Visit Sri Lanka - Day 2-
http://www.zimbio.com/pictures/jPc9AtO8wYl/Prince+Wales+Duchess+Cornwall+Visit+Sri+Lanka/jP2wmlC4PNM

Radiant Camilla wears priceless tiara once owned by the Queen Mother as she dazzles by Prince Charles's side at banquet-
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/a...n-Mother-dazzles-Prince-Charless-banquet.html

Last edited:
Although we're waiting for better pictures, I think this is the only time Camilla has looked good during this trip, IMO of course.

I recognise it is you opinion but I beg to disagree. I think Camilla has looked elegant all tour. Her wardrobe has been both practical and culturally appropriate enabling her to look cool in a difficult climate.

It has also not detracted from the business at hand i.e. promoting the various organisations she and the prince have visited. Although not at all the fault of either Diana or Kate, it was/is tiresome for the message to get lost in the acres of newsprint devoted to what both wore/wear.

Thank you for posting the links to the articles.

I recognise it is you opinion but I beg to disagree. I think Camilla has looked elegant all tour. Her wardrobe has been both practical and culturally appropriate enabling her to look cool in a difficult climate.

It has also not detracted from the business at hand i.e. promoting the various organisations she and the prince have visited. Although not at all the fault of either Diana or Kate, it was/is tiresome for the message to get lost in the acres of newsprint devoted to what both wore/wear.

Thank you for posting the links to the articles.

I totally agree - she has looked fabulous on this tour.

Don't get me wrong, all the other outfits the Duchess wore was okay and appropriate but I think Camilla just shined at the dinner.

Video:
Prince Charles Dances the Hokey Cokey and Tastes Tea-
Home - ITNSource News

Charles is a funny guy. He was having fun just tasting teas.

Last edited:
Video:
Home - ITNSource News

Question: Would the Hokey Cokey be the same dance known here in the US as the Hokey Pokey? You shake it all about? :D

Question: Would the Hokey Cokey be the same dance known here in the US as the Hokey Pokey? You shake it all about? :D

Yeah, I guess so.

I think Charles and Camilla have done a fantastic job during this visit. We are seeing the "Charles on Tour" persona that is instantly recognisable to those from any country that has been visited by him in the last few years. He is so widely read and well informed that he is totally aware of the politics and policy of the places he visits and gives a perfect performance as HM son and heir. Enthusiastic and knowledgeable.

We saw them really rocking here in Christchurch after the Quake (no pun intended) and were absolutely thrilled by their sheer joie de vi·vre. They are so invested in where they are, what they are doing and, more importantly, why. They are so much fun to have around but, am I the only one who thinks it's more than a little annoying that their tour has not been extensively covered and what coverage there is has been, somewhat ironically, largey courtesy of The Mail Online?

Let's face it, The Mail goes so far as to run contradictory articles about any given event in the same issue and their research leaves a lot to be desired, e.g. waxing lyrical about the Mighty Bouch that HM "loaned to Camilla specially for the CHOGM banquet". Actually, in that article they ran an historical side bar on it's history and that it's Camilla's 'go to' tiara.

Last edited:
Video:
Home - ITNSource News

Oh, this is priceless :D. He really will do wonderfully as a grandfather. He already has the kiddie songs and dances down.

I think Charles and Camilla have done a fantastic job during this visit. We are seeing the "Charles on Tour" persona...
Let's face it - they aren't the young hip couple, India and Sri Lanka aren't places that most people go, or want to go, there are the ugly reminders of colonialism and potentially war crimes to deal with and it is Charles - the media has had a love-hate relationship with him for decades and he doesn't sell - simple as that. What sells is young and pretty, or scandal, or old and valued - Charles and Camilla don't fit that bill.

Had I not been on this forum I wouldn't have known, until this morning that Charles wasn't in the UK -- no coverage here (ok I have been a bit out of the loop over the last two weeks or so doing HSC marking - the HSC is the end of schooling exam for Year 12s here and is externally set and marked so we have centres in Sydney and elsewhere where groups of markers gather each day, after teaching all day, to mark the responses for around 60,000 students in an average of 5 subjects - fun but tiring time). Even my colleague at work who follows the royals (one out of a staff of 70+ who has any interest in any member of the BRF at all besides myself didn't know it was happening as she doesn't follow any fora or overseas news).

It won't have been helped by the fact that the big news in India this week has absolutely nothing to do with the tour but with the retirement of Sachin and what a farewell he was given - great final innings (even if he was short of the magically 100) and a test won in less than 2.5 days. His farewell speech was fantastic as well. Even if you aren't a cricket fan to listen to this man's humble farewell to the game he has graced for nearly a quarter of a century at international level is well worth the listen or watch - it is on youtube but I don't think it is appropriate for a royal forum - but if you want to show youngsters how to be great and humble at the same time then watch or listen to this man's farewell and have them do so as well. He will be missed on the cricket grounds of the world.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom