Prince of Wales and Duchess of Cornwall: Tour of Canada - November 2-12, 2009

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
A Fort Erie couple say they were "humbled" to meet Prince Charles and his wife Camilla on Remembrance Day as the prince met with families of Canada's fallen soldiers.
Meeting royalty was "very impressive," said Gary Hass, after returning from Petawawa where his family met the future king and his wife.

Niagara family 'humbled' to meet Charles and Camilla - Niagara Falls Review - Ontario, CA

Prince Charles and Camilla, the Duchess of Cornwall thrilled soldiers and their families during an historic Remembrance Day visit to the base. The royal couple spent their last full day in Canada honouring the nation's war dead and paying tribute to those now called upon to risk their lives in Canada's latest conflict.

Prince Charles, Camilla thrill soldiers and their families at Base Petawawa - The Daily Observer - Ontario, CA

b

OTTAWA - With a final royal wave from the Airbus door Thursday, Prince Charles and wife Camilla ended their 11-day Canadian tour, a visit which held a distinct military focus

http://ca.news.yahoo.com/s/capress/091112/national/royal_visit_3

Ever wonder what it's like in that royal bubble when the heir to the throne and his wife come to call?For one thing, Prince Charles and Camilla, Duchess of Cornwall, come with their own crowd. Not your typical well-wishers, though. Their shadows are a small army of security, their own staff, Canadian government officials, assistants and media

The Canadian Press: Life in the royal bubble has moments of levity, lots of running

In summary, I have really enjoyed the postings from Charles and Camilla's trip to Canada. Thank you to all who contributed in getting the pictures, articles, and links to us so promptly. Additionally thanks to those who explained and elaborated on Canadian customs etc.

As an observation, Charles and Camilla are perfectly suited for one another. Im glad, at last he has such a precious gift of love and to be with his apparent soul mate. May be ALL be so fortunate....

I, too, would like to say how much I have enjoyed the postings about the Canada trip. We have been treated to many wonderful photos and articles, and of course the special treats from TRF members who were there. I agree that the trip has demonstrated how well suited Charles and Camilla are, and how well they work together.

Many readers will be unaware that the recent royal visit benefited children receiving care at the Queen Alexandra Centre for Children's Health. Bouquets of beautiful flowers arrived at the centre following the visit, a gift from the Duchess of Cornwall, who asked that, upon her departure, all flowers she received during her stay be given to a local children's hospital.

Royal kindness for volunteers

:wub::wub:

Oh how sweet, she did recieve some beautiful bouquets on the trip. :flowers:

Last edited by a moderator:
Nice to hear my bouquet went to such a good cause! :flowers: I told my mother too she was quite happy to hear that Camilla did that.

Dalton McGuinty's royal gift: his-and-hers BlackBerrys - The Globe and Mail

Now here’s a gift fit for a king – or a prince.

During their visit to Canada last year, Prince Charles and his wife, Camilla, were given his-and-hers matching BlackBerrys by Ontario Premier Dalton McGuinty. An appropriate gift, given that BlackBerry is a Waterloo, Ont., invention and Research in Motion is a huge success story.

TheSpec.com - Local - Royal flush: Dundurn sees jump in visits

Dundurn Castle saw a big increase in visitors in the wake of the visit by the Prince of Wales and his wife last fall.

The Hamilton landmark had 19,000 visitors during its busy Christmas season this year, compared with 11,000 during the same period in 2008. And curators of the York Boulevard castle say the majority of those visitors wanted to talk with guides about the Nov. 5 visit by Prince Charles and Camilla, the Duchess of Cornwall.

The prince and his wife attracted one of their biggest crowds at the castle during an 11-day visit to Canada. About 3,000 people crowded the front lawn of the castle to get a glimpse of the couple.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom