Prince of Wales and Duchess of Cornwall: Tour of Canada - November 2-12, 2009

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
:previous:

Just wait - a day or two - and the DM will be back to normal! :D

Congratulations, ghost_night. I'm glad you had a pleasant experience!

And I'm sure she's used to people forgetting what they were going to say. Any royal fan would probably get that worked up.... :)

ghost_night- I so enjoyed your postings about Camilla in Canada, and you and your mother meeting her! Thank you so much for posting your personal account of the events- you are a lucky person! God Bless! (Yep, I guess you DONT look like a terrorist after all!) ha! :)

The royal couple joined a congregation in Victoria, British Colombia, to mark the sombre occasion on the same day the Queen led the nation in honouring Britain's fallen servicemen and women.
In bright autumn sunshine, they arrived and took their seats in the front pew of the Anglican Christ Church Cathedral

Prince of Wales and Duchess of Cornwall commemorate Canada's war dead - Telegraph

When I was invited to meet Camilla, the Duchess of Cornwall, at VanDusen Botanical Garden, where she planted a tree on Saturday, I immediately began to think about what questions I might ask her.

Camilla's Highgrove camassias break the ice

Prince Charles and his wife Camilla, Duchess of Cornwall, will wrap up their four-day visit to the West Coast at the Esquimalt Canadian Forces base west of Victoria on Monday morning.
They will attend a celebration honouring the Canadian navy, which marks its 100th anniversary in 2010, and fly to Ottawa in the afternoon

CBC News - British Columbia - Royals wrap up B.C. visit at CFB Esquimalt

According to the news I Think was a trip with low profile. Prince Charles is so far Princess Diana Charisma.

According to the news I Think was a trip with low profile. Prince Charles is so far Princess Diana Charisma.
:huh:

Well if you look a little more closely the various articles, pics and videos posted above you will see that this tour if far to be a "low profile" one ...:flowers:

:flowers: I don't think anyone would expect two 60 year olds to generate the same excitement as a young couple did, some 26 years ago. Charles had been the worlds most eligible bachelor and of course people in the commonwealth wanted to see who he had finally married.

I also think Canada has grown up, many more seem to want a republic and I don't think it has anything to do with Charles.
:huh:
Well if you look a little more closely the various articles, pics and videos posted above you will see that this tour if far to be a "low profile" one ...:flowers:
IMO, you are right, I for one have posted just a fraction of the articles in the media.

Day 8
Camilla, Duchess of Cornwall and Prince Charles attend a Navy Centennial Event at Duntza Head, HMC Dockyard Esquimalt on November 9, 2009 in Victoria, Canada.

Getty Gallery

Daylife
Daylife
Daylife

Beautiful videos Nico, thank you for finding them. :flowers:
The pictures are also wonderful.
I don't think this visit is low-profile, times in Canada have changed. As has the woman on Charles' arm. :)

Prince Charles has received a medal marking his 32 years of service as an honourary member of the Canadian navy.The Prince of Wales received the medal during a ceremony marking next year's centennial of the navy.
The ceremony saw the first raising of the navy's centennial flag at a naval base that is the headquarters of Canada's Pacific Naval fleet

The Canadian Press: Prince Charles receives medal in B.C., marking 32 years of service

Royal visit may be flush with resentment

When Prince Charles and Camilla land in Montreal Tuesday, they’ll find themselves in territory unfamiliar to the Royal Family for nearly two decades.

Notwithstanding an unofficial visit two years ago by the Earl and Countess of Wessex — Prince Edward and his wife Sophie — it’s been fully 17 years since a royal toe was officially dipped in Quebec waters. And that occasion, by the Queen in 1992, was just barely in the province, as she attended a reception at the Canadian Museum of Civilization in Gatineau.

The Queen attended a dinner at the same museum in 2002.

Last edited:
Cirque de Soleil is due to stage a dazzling performance for the Prince of Wales and Duchess of Cornwall when the royals visit the company's Canadian headquarters.
Charles and Camilla will be taken behind the scenes of the acclaimed performance group's Montreal base before seeing a special show.

The Press Association: Royals watch Cirque de Soleil show

Britain’s Prince Charles wearing for the first time a Canadian Naval Vice Admiral’s uniform and his wife Camilla The Duchess of Cornwall talk to naval veteran Bill Smith during their visit to Canadian Forces Base (CFB) Esquimalt in Victoria, British Columbia, November 9, 2009

Prince Charles and Camilla The Duchess of Cornwall Visit Canadian Forces Base Esquimalt in Victoria During Their Trip to Canada

Prince Charles and Duchess Camilla arrived in Ottawa from Victoria Monday night, touching down at Ottawa International Airport just after 8 p.m. before being taken to Government House, where they’ll spend the night.

A glimpse of Prince Charles and Duchess Camilla before being whisked away

1 TO BE GREETED BY PREMIER
After landing at Pierre Elliott Trudeau International Airport at 12:30 p.m. the royal couple's first stop will be a private meeting with Premier Jean Charest and his wife, Michelle Dionne, at 1 p.m. at Charest's office at Sherbrooke St. W. and McGill College Ave.

Today's Royal itinerary where, when to see Charles, Camilla

Iam not sure If Charisma depends of age. Because I know people with much charisma and They are not young. On the other hand, I know young people with a few charisma.
Besides, Iam doing comparisons when Prince Charles visited Canada, Japan, and other countries some years ago.

I also think Canada has grown up, many more seem to want a republic and .

I am Canadian, and there has never been talks about becoming a republic. We have more important issues to deal with.

It is big news more at a local level (in the cities they are visiting) I am from Calgary, and they aren't coming here, so there has been no coverage, that I have seen.

They grow wine in Canada? Must be hardy plants!

I gather you have never been in Canada?? We a lots in both Ontario & BC.

Last edited by a moderator:
Prince Charles and the Duchess of Cornwall continued their tour in Quebec Tuesday with a visit to the Montreal Biodome, but their trip to the Blackwatch armory on de Bleury St. was postponed by 20 minutes as riot police tried to calm about 150 protesters in front

Protests greet Royal visitors

About 100 demonstrators, some waving Fleur-de-lis flags, gathered in downtown Montreal on Tuesday to voice their opposition to Prince Charles and Camilla, Duchess of Cornwall, setting foot in Quebec

Quebec welcomes royals with cheers and jeers - thestar.com

Canada's prime minister on Tuesday gave Prince Charles, heir to the British throne, two red sweaters and caps worn by Inuit Rangers to take home to his sons as souvenirs of his visit.

AFP: Prince Charles takes home Inuit Ranger sweaters for sons

Whenever Canada hosts a Royal visit we have given the visitors a gift. Those gifts have ranged in value from a few dollars to a lot

CJOB 68: Manitoba's Information Superstation CJOB 68: Manitoba's Information Superstation CJOB 68: Manitoba's Information Superstation New: Local Story

Visit today in Montréal

I planned on going to the Biodome today to see Charles and that was it. Well, I am a student at McGill Univ. and I was in the library (which overlooks the premier's office) and I thought I might as well go to the top floor and watch as Charles and Camilla left. Well, I did not see any protesters there. Everyone looked friendly.
Later in the day I went to the Biodome and there was a girl from PETA dressed up as a seal and a couple of men outside singing a new rendition of God Save the Queen (involving words with "swine flu"). But they were barely noticeable. There were a ton of people inside the Biodome and most everyone there was French-speaking. They greeted Prince Charles in French and were very happy to see him.
So it is unfortunate that the media just glazed over that and focused on the protesters at the Blackwatch armory. And chose to only put the picture of that bloodied protester with the article. I guess that is the media though...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom