Prince of Wales and Duchess of Cornwall: Tour of Canada - November 2-12, 2009

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Six in 10 Canadians support Prince Charles as future king

Two days before the Prince of Wales and his wife begin their royal tour of Canada, a new poll for Canwest News Service and Global National says almost six in 10 Canadians, or 57 per cent of those surveyed, believe Charles should become king after the death of Queen Elizabeth, rather than pass the crown to his son, Prince William.

They grow wine in Canada? Must be hardy plants!

Does anyone know if they'll allow the public to see them at the Olympic Village I might try to see them there if we're allowed.
It is looking hopeful. :flowers:

The public is being encouraged -- and accommodated -- to come out to see the Prince of Wales and his wife when they make two stops in Hamilton on Thursday.
The front grounds of Dundurn Castle will be open for the public when Prince Charles and Camilla, the Duchess of Cornwall, pay a morning visit to the York Boulevard landmark. The duchess is the great-great-great-granddaughter of its builder and laird, Sir Allan MacNab, and it will be her first visit to the castle

TheSpec.com - Local - Public invited to attend this week's royal visits

Canadian tour Next week's visit by Charles and Camilla won't generate the kind of frenzy seen during the Diana era. That's not fair, monarchy watchers say

What royal treatment?

Queen Elizabeth II of the United Kingdom, Canada and sundry countries is 83 years old. God bless her, and long may she reign over us – after which Canada should cut its ties to the British monarchy.

No offence, Prince, but our ties to the monarchy should end - The Globe and Mail

"I can hardly believe that this is my fifteenth visit and I am greatly looking forward to introducing my wife to a country and a people which are very dear to my heart. For her part, my wife could not be more pleased to investigate the origins of one branch of her own family.

Conflicting stories :lol:

Charles and Camilla will toast wine center : City & Region : The Buffalo News

Niagara-on-the-Lake, Ont., is set to roll out the burgundy carpet Thursday for Britain’s Prince Charles and his wife, Camilla, Duchess of Cornwall.

Prince flying solo for Niagara-on-the-Lake visit - St. Catharines Standard - Ontario, CA

Residents hoping to catch a glimpse of Camilla, Duchess of Cornwall, during a royal visit to Niagara-on-the-Lake Thursday will have to settle for the Prince of Wales alone.

Anyone have any idea who exactly I should call to let me know about the public visiting the Olympic village when they come? My dad said it's not even finished the actual building but if it's not ready I don't get what they're going to see. I'm just so confused about that. And I wish they gave a specific time too.

With the Royals visiting, you can bet there'll be a whole lot of shakin' going on.
The recent H1N1 outbreak won't be stopping Prince Charles and his wife Camilla, Duchess of Cornwall, from pressing flesh during their 12-city tour across Canada beginning today, confirms Clarence House.

The Royal treatment | Health | Life | Edmonton Sun

My dad said it's not even finished the actual building but if it's not ready I don't get what they're going to see.
They are going to see the Olympic Village under construction and have the various facilities and 'green' innovations explained to them.
It's not unusual for people who are interested to have a look at large construction projects before they are completed. :)

They are going to see the Olympic Village under construction and have the various facilities and 'green' innovations explained to them.
It's not unusual for people who are interested to have a look at large construction projects before they are completed. :)
Ah that makes more sense, thanks Warren. I wish they hadn't blocked off the road leading to the Olympic Village starting today, now I have no idea how to even get down there. My mom said if worst comes to worst she'll take me to see Camilla down at Botanical Gardens but I'd like to see both of them together.

Are there any current photos someone can post of the Canada trip? I'd love to see some. Thanks in advance!

I don't think the plane has landed, so there aren't any pictures yet. Edit: They arrived at the airport about five or ten minutes after I originally posted.

Video of the arrival ceremony is currently streaming here.

Last edited:
Do not arrive?
Is already in the evening, right?

Me too! Worth a watch !!!

I liked that Camilla looked like she wanted to laugh when he quoted Charles' speech.

One of the most formal welcome ceremony i've ever seen i must say. Very impressive. I've noticed a (diamonds?) canadian leaf brooch on the Duchess: a nice gesture. TRH seem very at ease and in good spirit.

I'm loving this. Oh lord they'll be sick of drumming ceremonies by the time they reach Vancouver haha

Ooooooooh Charles in french !!!!!

Last edited:
Prince Charles says he is "deeply touched'' by the warm welcome afforded him and the Duchess of Cornwall in the royal couple's first trip to Canada together.

Prince embraces warm welcome - The Globe and Mail

ST. JOHN’S-The Prince of Wales and his wife, the Duchess of Cornwall were welcomed to Canada on Monday night by nearly 2,000 happy Newfoundlanders, who roared with approval as the royal couple walked a red carpet into a hockey arena in downtown St. John’s.

:canflag2:

Charles and Camilla arrive in Canada; woo crowds in Newfoundland

This is Charles' 15th trip to Canada. "That is, by any measure, something rather special. But more special still, if I may say so, is the opportunity to introduce my wife to Canada for her first-ever visit

DiManno: Charles and Camilla shake off flu protocol - thestar.com

:wub:

Happy endings are for storybooks, not real life. But when Prince Charles arrives in Canada on Nov. 2 with his wife, Camilla, duchess of Cornwall, few Canadians can doubt that something like this has happened to their future king. Not long ago, Charles and the woman dubbed “the Rottweiler” by his then-wife incurred such global disapproval that even his mother had to keep him at arms’-length. Now their first visit as a couple puts the seal of approval on a union that has changed his life.

http://www2.macleans.ca/2009/11/02/camilla-conquers-all/

The Prince also paid tribute to the nation's sacrifices on the battlefield, the warmth and generosity of its people, and how it is tackling the challenges of the modern world.
His comments were made during a welcoming ceremony held last night in the remote coastal city of St John's in Newfoundland and Labrador

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/new...1930/Prince-Charles-begins-Canadian-tour.html

CBC is going to apparently have live coverage tonight at 6pm EST

That's a really lovely picture of TRHs standing with the lake behind them!

Thanks for all the nice pictures. Fingers crossed that there's no trouble making protestors. Brrrr it looks cold.

Thank you all for the pictures and news.

Here's an article about what Charles and Camilla did today. :flowers:
DiManno: Modest crowds greet royals in Newfoundland - thestar.com

I feel sorry for them being out in the cold. Where I am in Ontario, we were having mild weather, but today...it suddenly turned cold and there's snow in the forecast. I was planning on attending the Remembrance Day ceremony at the War Memorial in Ottawa next Wednesday, and apparently Charles and Camilla are going to be there, so I may catch a glimpse of them.

Thanks for the links.

Another article reveals that a new documentary entitled After Elizabeth II: Monarchy in Peril is to be aired in Canada -- basically stating that Charles on the throne may mean the end of the monarchy for them. Oh my... it's sad that people insist on making Charles and Camilla so unpopular despite their best efforts.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom