Prince of Wales and Duchess of Cornwall: Tour of Canada - May 18-21, 2014

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Shame that the homecoming is so brief that it can be referred to as a "whirlwind tour".

Prime Minister Stephen Harper today announced the appointment of His Royal Highness The Prince of Wales to the Queen’s Privy Council for Canada. His Royal Highness was sworn in as a Privy Councillor during an audience with His Excellency the Right Honourable David Johnston, Governor General of Canada, at Government House, in Halifax, Nova Scotia.
Privy Councillors are members of the Queen’s Privy Council for Canada, established under the Constitution Act, 1867 to advise the Government of Canada. The Privy Council includes all past and present Ministers, as well as a number of select persons honoured for their contributions to Canada. Members are appointed by the Governor General on the recommendation of the Prime Minister.
PM announces the appointment of His Royal Highness the Prince of Wales to the Queen’s Privy Council for Canada | Prime Minister of Canada

I'm predicting royal giggles when Wade Lynch performs.

Who's idea was that? I watched part of the performance on CPAC a short while ago and it was absolutely dreadful.

Last edited:
Last edited:
Comparison between the Canadian tour of Charles and Camilla and the Cambridges's Australian and NZ tour isn't really fair or valid. There is no Prince George on the Canadian tour. C&C can stay in the city that they are visiting while W&K had to travel more due to the hub & spoke system used so they could see George and George didn't have to move night after night.

I must say that I'm very impressed by the Youth Parliaments in Canada. I think it's a brilliant way to get the youth involved in it's community and politics.

Something I think we need here in America. A Youth Congress of America don't sound too bad and I think it could be a great way of getting the attention of the youth and they could have a better understanding on how to govern their communities, city and state. The youth have a voice through the media (Facebook and Twitter) but there's nothing like actually having a voice within the Legislature.

That being said... am I the only one who think Camilla looks a bit off on this tour? I'm watching the coverage and it just seems to me it's as if she's not really there. She's doing her job but she just appear off, IMO.

Last edited:
Comparison between the Canadian tour of Charles and Camilla and the Cambridges's Australian and NZ tour isn't really fair or valid. There is no Prince George on the Canadian tour. C&C can stay in the city that they are visiting while W&K had to travel more due to the hub & spoke system used so they could see George and George didn't have to move night after night.

or they could have shortened the length of the tour, left George at home and done more engagements than they did.

What they chose to do was not the best option IMO.

But - back on track (sorry) the work output of these 2 is amazing. Great team; great tour

Actually...

Camilla and Charles managed to do 41 engagements in 4 days according to the article. Sure they may not have had to travel as much as the Cambridges did, but there was still an amount of travel as they hit multiple provinces.

William and catherine did, according to the article, 48 engagements in 19 days. That means that Camilla and Charles did 7 fewer engagements in 15 fewer days. Sure George's presence can be seen as a justification for limiting the engagements a bit, but there is still room for comparison and it's very valid to question why the pair of them weren't able to do more while Down Under.

Urgh! It's simple - Charles is next in line and will be King of Canada when the time comes. William, on the other hand, is establishing himself as a senior royal.

Would you expect someone, who's a newbie third-in-charge in a major corporation to do the same work as the established 2IC? No.

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't consider a man who has been in his position for more than 30 years to be a newbie.

The Cambridge's worked their tails off on their royal tour of Australia & New Zealand. They pressed flesh with a great deal of people too. You don't see that same crowd with Charles & Camilla on this tour.

Last edited:
The Cambridge's worked their tails off on their royal tour of Australia & New Zealand. They pressed flesh with a great deal of people too. You don't see that same crowd with Charles & Camilla on this tour.

There was never going to be the same interest. (Most) People want new and not established, they have been conditioned by the media to want celebrities, to want youth rather than middle aged. The Waleses are also hampered by prejudice harboured by some because of the press they received in the 80's and 90's - only some of which was based in fact.

Charles and Camilla are working hard, as do Edward & Sophie, Andrew and Anne all without the kudos they deserve (although Charles and Camilla do get reasonable coverage). The Cambridges had a very easy tour and have done very little in the three weeks since returning.

I agree, Charles & Camilla are working hard as well. I disagree, that the Cambridge's royal tour of down under was easy. They worked hard and traveled a lot. It was also an introduction for Catherine too.

I'm not sure Charles & Camilla want to handle the same amount of crowds the Cambridge's get. I got tired for them and I wasn't even on the tour. I think Charles & Camilla are pretty happy with the turn out on this tour of Canada.

I agree Dman. With one article the press has turned it into a contest - and that's not how the family sees it, schedules it or runs it.

Whoever had the idea, can I just say having the Nova Scotia Provincial Tartan highlight portions of Camilla's suit jacket yesterday was brilliant!! Brilliant, brilliant, brilliant!!

Just saw the interview and I have a major complaint...

IT WASN'T LONG ENOUGH!!!

I get why, but it is a shame as I felt George and HRH really hit it off and also that the Prince was enjoying himself too. Too bad it couldn't have been longer.

Putin is behaving just like Hitler, says Prince Charles | Mail Online
Prince Charles has sensationally likened Vladimir Putin to Adolf Hitler.

In a withering verdict on the actions of the Russian president in Ukraine, he told a woman who lost relatives in the Nazi Holocaust: ‘And now Putin is doing just about the same as Hitler.’

The prince’s extraordinary intervention is certain to cause international controversy.
Prince Charles 'compares Vladimir Putin to Adolf Hitler' - Telegraph
The Prince of Wales reportedly tells woman who had lost relatives in the Holocaust that the Russian President is "doing just about the same as Hitler" in Ukraine

Last edited:
How many hours did they spend on each engagement?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom