The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 06-30-2017, 01:26 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nico View Post
Mmmm she should be more careful. It could be seen as a sign of disrespect and used against her.
Surprised that the DM didn't pick up the story with the headline "Camilla insults locals during Canadian Tour"
Charles was laughing too. If there was a headline like that, they better include him in it. Although, I think it was harmless laughter. The whole thing sounded funny.

A.W. TOZER
Old 06-30-2017, 01:30 PM
Majesty

Remember when Kate smiled greeting an aboriginal during her tour of Australia? People here were up in arms with faux outrage. Can't imagine the response if she burst out laughing during a cultural ceremony.

Old 06-30-2017, 01:46 PM
Commoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dman View Post
Although, I think it was harmless laughter. The whole thing sounded funny.
It may have been harmless, and to many, Inuit throat singing sounds "funny". It is, in fact, a traditional Inuit skill that takes a lot of practice. It is not intended to be funny. It is just good manners to take care with one's reactions unless one knows it is appropriate. Smiling, laughing when the singers end (because the singers often do), is fine, but laughing during the performance is not. The video shows Camilla giggling, and Charles taking it up, and I would have found that behavior offensive.
Old 06-30-2017, 02:49 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudolph View Post
Remember when Kate smiled greeting an aboriginal during her tour of Australia? People here were up in arms with faux outrage. Can't imagine the response if she burst out laughing during a cultural ceremony.
The Kate haters had gone crazy, as they always does when she (according to them) ''messes up''.

Day 2:

Article from the DF with many pictures:
Rain falls as Charles and Camilla travel to Ontario | Daily Mail Online

Article with videos and a live video who returns when they are doing engagements:
Prince of Wales, Duchess of Cornwall to pay tribute to soldiers at CFB Trenton | CTV News

Two videos from the CTV article about today's visit:

15 min video - Lloyd Robertson and Richard Berthelsen say the Royal visit is an important statement about Canada's connection with the monarchy:
CTV News Channel: Royal visit 'a statement' | CTV News

4 min video - CTV Royal Commentator Richard Berthelsen discusses why it is significant that the Royals visit CFB Trenton during the Canada 150 tour:
CTV News Channel: Royals to honour fallen soldiers | CTV News

Video of the arrival:
Old 06-30-2017, 03:09 PM
Majesty

Does anybody recognise the brooch Camilla is wearing today?
Old 06-30-2017, 03:10 PM
Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
I'm wondering if Camilla broke into HM's umbrella stash before she left for Canada.
Old 06-30-2017, 04:29 PM
Administrator

More pics of day 2 today, June 30, can be found here:

** gettyimages gallery **
Old 06-30-2017, 11:41 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nico View Post
Mmmm she should be more careful. It could be seen as a sign of disrespect and used against her.
Surprised that the DM didn't pick up the story with the headline "Camilla insults locals during Canadian Tour"
Inuit ladies do throat singing for fun; they laugh the most when they perform. The Prince knew this as he has hosted Inuit at his home in Wales, this is why he was freely enjoying the performance.
Old 07-01-2017, 02:30 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by muriel View Post

Does anybody recognise the brooch Camilla is wearing today?
From day two? Yes, it's her regimental badge. She is colonel in chief of the queen's own rifles of Canada. The maple leaf in background and the number 2 are both part of the regimental badge. She wears it in Canada on military related events.

As for Camilla laughing I didn't take it as bowling over in laughter, it seemed more in amusement. Charles was as well. I dint see any insult being made or taken. Any more than Kate insulted anyone.
Old 07-01-2017, 03:29 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by gerry View Post
Inuit ladies do throat singing for fun; they laugh the most when they perform. The Prince knew this as he has hosted Inuit at his home in Wales, this is why he was freely enjoying the performance.
Exactly.

It is one of the things about which Charles is very sensitive and I am sure he would have checked the current procedure and whether it would be correct to smile, laugh, be serious etc and acted accordingly. He would also have ensured Camilla did the same thing.

The difference between Charles and William is that Charles reads his briefing notes while William has admitted that he can't be bothered and things like how to react are included in those notes if there is any question that the royal concerned may not know.
Old 07-01-2017, 03:48 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Countessmeout View Post
From day two? Yes, it's her regimental badge. She is colonel in chief of the queen's own rifles of Canada. The maple leaf in background and the number 2 are both part of the regimental badge. She wears it in Canada on military related events.
Many thanks.
Old 07-01-2017, 05:15 AM
Majesty

'I escaped the Nazis with your father', veteran tells Duchess of Cornwall

The Duchess of Cornwall has met an old soldier who was a prisoner of war with her father - and heard first-hand how they escaped their Nazi captors.
Camilla chatted to Edward Rose, 92, a former lieutenant with the Green Jackets, who was captured after D-Day and incarcerated in Spangenberg Castle with Major Bruce Shand and hundreds of fellow British officers.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...is-father.html
Old 07-01-2017, 08:06 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by gerry View Post
Now that's different ! Thank you so much for the insight
So no offence from Camilla !
Old 07-01-2017, 11:59 AM
Majesty

The special presentation of the #OrderOfCanada to Prince Charles who just took place Rideau Hall.

https://www.facebook.com/GGDavidJohn...8414002183928/

Day 3 Gallery

https://www.rexfeatures.com/livefeed..._canada,_day_3
Old 07-01-2017, 12:09 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by eya View Post
The special presentation of the #OrderOfCanada to Prince Charles who just took place Rideau Hall.

https://www.facebook.com/GGDavidJohn...8414002183928/
Nice little ceremony for Charles.

A.W. TOZER
Old 07-01-2017, 12:18 PM
Heir Apparent

Watch the Canada Day 150 celebrations from CBC live here:

Live from CTV:
http://www.ctvnews.ca/video?playlistId=1.3484964

Live from Global:
http://globalnews.ca/news/3570075/cr...rliament-hill/
Old 07-01-2017, 12:52 PM
Heir Apparent

Watch live in my above post - Prince Charles and the Governor General have inspected the guards:

Edit: Charles and Camilla arrive in the State Landau - big crowds.

Edit: Charles to speak now.
Old 07-01-2017, 02:38 PM
Administrator

More pics from today can be found here:

** gettyimages gallery day 3 **

** dailymail: Charles meets with Canada´s Justin Trudeau ahead of national celebration **
Old 07-02-2017, 04:11 AM
Majesty

"Just as the Prince of Wales was about to step out of his car, a voice permeated the crowd that had gathered on Gloucester Street to watch him do it."

‘Oh my god! Prince Charles!’: Wrapping up the royal tour in the capital
Old 07-02-2017, 09:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eya View Post
"Just as the Prince of Wales was about to step out of his car, a voice permeated the crowd that had gathered on Gloucester Street to watch him do it."

‘Oh my god! Prince Charles!’: Wrapping up the royal tour in the capital
Thanks for sharing my article. I didn't know about this forum before seeing it pop up in our traffic analytics...