Prince of Wales and Duchess of Cornwall Current Events 27: January 2015-Sept 2022

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
A lovely Christmas card from a lovely couple. God bless them.

Thanks so much for that better quality image, soapstar. :flowers:

I love that photo.

https://www.eveningexpress.co.uk/fp/...-east-village/

Prince Charles and Camilla, who are reportedly staying in the region for Hogmanay, spoke to people on the streets of Ballater before visiting the Victoria barracks which has been turned into a refuge centre.
Prince Charles makes surprise visit to flooded Scottish town - Telegraph

It is understood that Birkhall’s cooks had prepared meals for some of the evacuated householders the previous evening.
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/weat...rbyn-live.html

Prince Charles walked round the town and spoke to members of the public as they started a massive clean up operation in the wake of the River Dee bursting its banks.

A palace official described the unprecedented trip as a "private visit" to see how the community was holding up after being battered on Wednesday by Storm Frank.

Last edited:
Video:
The Duke and Duchess of Cornwall have met victims of the Scottish floods, during a visit to Ballater in Aberdeenshire-

Home - ITNSource News

I think its great that both Charles and Camilla, as part of the community, took part in checking in on folks and that the Birkhall staff was able to be put to good use making what probably is well needed sustenance.

It cannot be said of C&C that they don't care about the people because their actions more than prove that they do. :flowers:

:previous: It's been a miserable Christmas and the New Year doesn't seem to be bringing anything but hard times and hard work. Seeing Charles and Camilla there may not change this but may brighten the spirit just a little.

Video:
The Prince of Wales took a turn on the stage of the world's oldest surviving grand music hall as it was official re-opened after years of restoration work. Like an old pro, Charles had the audience of Wilton's Music Hall in stitches when he said he was drawn to the attraction after his first visit in 2006 - "I'm afraid I'm rather a sucker for these sorts of projects." .

Home - ITNSource News

:previous: That was great fun! Thank you, Duc. :flowers:

I think Charles really enjoys being able to part of fun things like that, but I also think that he needs to have Camilla there as a buffer. She can let Dame Edna touch her hand and it's fine, but I think Charles couldn't function comfortably in the direct line of fire without the safety barrier, and Camilla provides that bridge between the ordinary people and royalty that he needs.

Camilla joins Prince Charles at The British Asian Trust gala | Daily Mail Online

He may be a future monarch but Prince Charles was still left waiting by pop royalty at the glitzy charity event on Tuesday night.
Accompanied by his friend, Louis Walsh, music supremo Simon Cowell arrived more than hour and a half after Charles and his wife, the Duchess of Cornwall, at an event to celebrate the work of The British Asian Trust - forcing the couple to go into dinner and start the evening without them.
In fact the pair, due to arrive at around 7pm, only made their entrance after the prince had left the stage, having given a key note speech, at 8.45pm.

Pictures look pretty much the same just in a new article with a new 'angle'. Most interesting thing is that in one of the pictures it seems Kristina Kyriacou was there, I thought she was leaving as his PR person?

^^^
Charles now pays Kristina Kyriacou as a 'consultant'. Not sure what she does in her new role though

Yorkshire had good-humoured guests today, February 18!

The Prince of Wales and the Duchess of Cornwall had a full programme with visits to the Sir Robert Ogden Macmillan Centre (Charles is Patron of the Macmillan Cancer Support), the Harrogate International Festival to mark its 50th anniversary year (Charles is Patron of the festival), the New Inn, in the village of Stamford Bridge which was affected by the recent floods and Taylors of Harrogate.

** gettyimages/zimbio gallery: The Prince Of Wales & Duchess Of Cornwall Visit Yorkshire **

Yorkshire had good-humoured guests today, February 18!

The Prince of Wales and the Duchess of Cornwall had a full programme with visits to the Sir Robert Ogden Macmillan Centre (Charles is Patron of the Macmillan Cancer Support), the Harrogate International Festival to mark its 50th anniversary year (Charles is Patron of the festival), the New Inn, in the village of Stamford Bridge which was affected by the recent floods and Taylors of Harrogate.

** gettyimages/zimbio gallery: The Prince Of Wales & Duchess Of Cornwall Visit Yorkshire **

Great pictures.

Video:
The Duke and Duchess of Cornwall have met patients and staff at the Sir Robert Ogden Macmillan Centre in Harrogate today, as part of their public engagements in North Yorkshire.

Home - ITNSource News

:previous: I look back to his earlier years when he carried out such duties as this with the serious dignity required by TPTB. He was always surrounded by the great and the good in their best suits and the most the plebs could hope for was a glimpse of him in a car or a photo in the paper.

A lot has happened since those days, not least growing older and wiser. These days he seems to be a sartorial wonder with double-breasted suits complete with a flamboyant pocket handkerchief and often a boutonniere as well. Shoes that have literally walked the world in a variety of styles and probable input from his sons reflecting in the appearance of suede. His wide assortment of top coats, from extremely elegant fine wools for formal wear to relaxed and comfortable rustic tweeds and camel coats.

That he is both happy and relaxed is easy to see and his ability to connect with the people of other countries and cultures and not just their dignitaries is kind of awesome. I love that the nervous habit of fiddling with his cufflinks is mostly gone and now either one hand or both are likely to be in the pockets of his coats or suit jackets or reached out to touch hands.

People have always asked what's in the Queen's handbag, looking at the somewhat capacious pockets in Charles coat pockets, one could be forgiven for wondering the same thing about them!

Charles in Serbia
http://cdn.images.express.co.uk/img/dynamic/galleries/x701/119054.jpg

Harry in Nepal
http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2016..._5617227a_Prince_Harry-a-45_1458491536123.jpg

A chip off the old block I think.

22 March 2016
Bejewelled Treasures: The Al Thani Collection - Sheikh Hamad & James Rothschild & the V&A - Bystander photos - Tatler

Several Gulf sheikhs, a British prince, three earls and a smattering of Rothschilds and Spencer-Churchills, among 220 others, gathered at the Victoria and Albert Museum for a curry night. But it was the grandest curry night you can imagine, thrown by Sheikh Hamad bin Abdullah Al Thani to celebrate the opening of his jewellery exhibition, Bejewelled Treasures. The air was scented with jasmine, waiters poured Bollinger from glass carafes, the Prince of Wales made a speech and guests rounded off their cuzza with lychee sorbet while listening to Mughal musicians. Bedazzling.

It all sounds marvellous and just the sort of thing that Charles enjoys. I love a good curry myself and I'm sure those served on this night were superb. All this and jewelled Treasures too.

Wow that was definitely a jewel and star studded 'curry event'. Definitely a simple take out curry.:flowers: Notice Nicky Hilton was there on the arm of her new husband, James Rothchild. But then again MC and Pavlos and people Thomas von Strabaneze were at their wedding (engagement party was held at Charles' Spencer's house (which is rented by James' Uncle Baron Rothchild).

Gabby and Freddy Windsor were also in attendance from the pics.

I would have loved to be there, not to star watch, but see the collection.

Where is Camilla? I didn't see her in any of the pictures.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom