The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > The Prince of Wales and the Duchess of Cornwall

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 05-25-2016, 06:56 PM
Courtier

Nice touch that Camilla was wearing the claddagh broach she was given in Ireland last year.

Thanks for the articles An Ard Ri.

Old 05-25-2016, 08:02 PM
Heir Apparent

'Small protest' indeed! I wonder whether anyone in town noticed it?

Old 05-25-2016, 08:21 PM
Heir Apparent

The booing crowds must have been overwhelming You know two women can make a lot of noise

I love that she wore her Irish brooch
Old 06-22-2016, 08:04 AM
Administrator

The Prince of Wales and the Duchess of Cornwall started a tour of Scotland yesterday, June 21.

Charles as Patron visited Abbeyfield, Viewlands House in Perth. As Admiral of The Fleet he visited H.M.S Prince of Wales in Rosyth and he attended a reception for supporters of Step Up To Serve he's also Patron of at Palace of Holyroodhouse.

Together they attended the "From Harris to Paris" exhibition, part of the Edinburgh International Fashion Festival, at the Waldorf Astoria Hotel in Edinburgh.

** scotsman.com: Prince Charles begins week long tour of Scotland **

** The Duke and Duchess of Rothesay spend their first day in Scotland **

** thecourier.co.uk: Charles gives Prince of Wales aircraft carrier a royal seal of approval **

** eveningexpress.co.uk: Camilla in trip to sandwich shop visited by George Clooney **
Old 06-22-2016, 08:41 AM
Heir Apparent

I know that's not the only focus, but I can' t help looking at those furs with big eyes, sadly...
Old 06-22-2016, 11:14 AM
Majesty

There appears to be a reasonably full week of engagements, but sadly, there is hardly any press coverage.
Old 06-24-2016, 04:00 AM
Administrator

Here are at least some pics and information

One June 22 (day 2) the Prince of Wales as President opened The Prince's Trust's youth employment and enterprise hub in Glasgow and the Duchess of Cornwall commemorated the 85th anniversary of Scotland's Gardens in Tranent, East Lothian.

Together they attended the Dumfries House Future Textiles Sewing Bee Challenge and the Dumfries House Dog Show in Cumnock, Ayrshire.

** princeofwales.gov.uk: #TRHinScotland: Day Two **

** eastlothiancourier.com: IN PICTURES: Camilla visits Winton House **

** dailyrecord.co.uk: Watch as Prince Charles returns to Dumfries House in Cumnock..**

On June 23 the Prince of Wales as Patron of the National Piping Centre undertook an engagement with the National Piping Centre, there was the launch of the partnership between the Royal Conservatoire of Scotland and Dumfries House in Cumnock, Ayrshire.

** princeofwales.gov.uk: #TRHinScotland: Day Three **

** heraldscotland.com: Prince Charles tunes up for piping workshop at Dumfries House **

** dailyrecord.co.uk: Prince Charles gives our bagpipes a blast in Dumfries after revealing he gave up on them as child **
Old 06-25-2016, 04:19 AM
Administrator

On day 4 (June 24) the Prince of Wales visited Bute Fabrics in Rothesay, Isle of Bute, as well as Howard Doris Centre in Milbrae, Lochcarron. There are no further events listed for the next four days, although the press called it a "week long tour of Scotland".

** princeofwales.gov.uk: The Duke of Rothesay spends a final day in Scotland **

** buteman.co.uk: In Pictures: Duke of Rothesay in visit to Bute Fabrics **
Old 06-26-2016, 08:52 PM
Heir Apparent

I guess four out of 5 days is pretty close to a week Really enjoyed some of the photos and stop. Especially the art exhibit.
Old 06-26-2016, 09:42 PM
Courtier

Does anyone know what happened to Camilla? Without going back to check, it seems she was only in Scotland for one day and then did not appear to be with Charles at the Knatchbull wedding on Saturday. Was she only scheduled to be on the Scotland tour for one day?
Old 06-26-2016, 09:48 PM
Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
My first gut reaction was that both Charles and Camilla took a little "me" time as they do from time to time. Maybe Camilla is spending it with her family.
“When I was 5 years old, my mother always told me that happiness was the key to life. When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down ‘happy’. They told me I didn’t understand the assignment, and I told them they didn’t understand life.”
― John Lennon
Old 06-26-2016, 10:07 PM
Heir Apparent

She was there at least the first 2 days of the trip.

June 21
The Duke and Duchess of Rothesay spend their first day in Scotland

June 22 (some photos on facebook)
https://www.facebook.com/CamillaDuch...type=3&theater

She wasn't on the calendar for the other two days. She probably took some time to be with her kids/personal time.
Old 06-27-2016, 12:15 AM
Courtier

Thanks Osipi and Countessmeout.

Seems odd she would take "me time" during this week that was a week of visits devoted to Scotland. A bit like Prince Philip taking "me time" during the Queen's annual Holyrood week.
Old 06-29-2016, 11:55 AM
Administrator

The Prince of Wales and the Duchess of Cornwall attended the 154th Royal Norfolk Show at Norfolk Showground in Norwich, Norfolk today, June 29:

** gettyimages gallery ** rex gallery **
Old 06-29-2016, 04:35 PM
Imperial Majesty

Video:
Prince Charles and Camilla attends the Royal Norfolk Show in Norwich-
Home - ITNSource News

GENTLEMAN'S ESSENTIALS
Old 06-29-2016, 07:52 PM
Heir Apparent

That's quite the mixed salad and pin gallery on the POW's lapel. I'm assuming it's traditional?
The Prince Of Wales & Duchess Of Cornwall Attend The Royal Norfolk Show | Getty Images
Old 06-29-2016, 07:59 PM
Heir Apparent

The video shows he arrived just wearing the badges and a little boy gave him the buttonhole arrangement he's subsequently seen wearing.
Old 07-06-2016, 03:54 AM
Administrator

Yesterday, July 5, the Prince of Wales and the Duchess of Cornwall visited Aberdaron and Criccieth, opened the new extension to South Caernarfon Creameries in Rhydygwystl, Chwilog, Pwllheli, and the Prince of Wales visited the School of Ocean Sciences at Bangor University in Anglesey.

On the first day of the tour, July 4, the Prince of Wales made two visits related to his charities, see here.

** gettyimages/zimbi: Prince Of Wales & Duchess Of Cornwall's Annual Summer Visit To Wales **

** dailypost.co.uk: Prince Charles thinks Aberdaron is 'a jolly good place to visit' **

** dailypost.co.uk: Duchess of Cornwall gets the ice creams in as royals visit Criccieth **

** dailymail: The plaice to be! Prince Charles and Camilla tuck into fish and chips..**

** earnthenecklace.com: PICS: Prince Charles and the Duchess of Cornwall Visit South Caernarfon Creameries **
Old 07-06-2016, 12:09 PM
Majesty

Lovely pictures.

Tags
camilla, charles, current events, the duchess of cornwall, the prince of wales