Prince of Wales and Duchess of Cornwall Current Events 27: January 2015-Sept 2022

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Last edited:
They're doing an excellent job at the moment. Camilla's work with victims of domestic violence is bringing a lot of attention to a difficult and often neglected issue.

The Prince of Wales and Duchess of Cornwall today at the Transport Museum Visit in London.

It is funny.

Travelling around on London's public transport is a dream compared to many other large cities.
Glad to see a dream couple illuminating The London Transport Museum. Looks like informative fun.

It is funny.

Travelling around on London's public transport is a dream compared to many other large cities.
Glad to see a dream couple illuminating The London Transport Museum. Looks like informative fun.

It is - I LOVE the Tube, I LOVE the buses.......

I've been to London a few times, and each time I keep saying I'm going to visit that museum, but I've never found the time. NEXT time, for sure.

Let's stay on topic.

All posts regarding engagements being held on the same day by various royals have been deleted as off topic.

I love the engagements they choose to do together. It gives them the chance to show themselves to us as a couple and they are a class act. They play off each other and Camilla's dry and often acerbic wit invariable ends with them both laughing their heads off.

I mean really, Camilla quipping "I'm self isolating" was hilarious and wonderfully droll and yet so very appropos. They show us there is joy to be had after 60 when many think we are obsolete, there are so many things yet to learn and yet to share and we can have fun while we do it.

I love the engagements they choose to do together. It gives them the chance to show themselves to us as a couple and they are a class act. They play off each other and Camilla's dry and often acerbic wit invariable ends with them both laughing their heads off.

I mean really, Camilla quipping "I'm self isolating" was hilarious and wonderfully droll and yet so very appropos. They show us there is joy to be had after 60 when many think we are obsolete, there are so many things yet to learn and yet to share and we can have fun while we do it.

:previous:

I think also that their relationship shows how being with someone you love can change a person. Charles was always devoted and dutiful, but being with Camilla has freed him to be himself - he’s so relaxed and funny.

I love seeing these two together - I really just can’t say it better than you did. I’m STILL cracking up at the “self-isolating” comment, ?????

:previous:

I think also that their relationship shows how being with someone you love can change a person. Charles was always devoted and dutiful, but being with Camilla has freed him to be himself - he’s so relaxed and funny.

I love seeing these two together - I really just can’t say it better than you did. I’m STILL cracking up at the “self-isolating” comment, ?????

The only thing I think would have made Camilla's "self isolating" comment more entertaining for me is if she would have been carrying a stack of books. :D

The only thing I think would have made Camilla's "self isolating" comment more entertaining for me is if she would have been carrying a stack of books. :D

Truth! Frankly, I think I’ve been self-isolating my entire life :D:D

Lol, loved Camilla's comment that she'd use the bunkers for self-isolation! :lol:

The Prince of Wales and the Duchess of Cornwall were guests of the Commonwealth Secretary-General, Rt Hon Patricia Scotland QC, at the annual reception on Commonwealth Day at Marlborough House, the home of the Commonwealth Secretariat in London this evening, March 9:

** gettyimages gallery **

Last edited:
Court Circular 4th March:
Clarence House

The Prince of Wales and The Duchess of Cornwall this afternoon travelled by double-decker bus from Clarence House to Covent Garden, London WC2, to visit London Transport Museum to mark the Twentieth Anniversary of Transport for London and were received at the Museum by Her Majesty's Lord-Lieutenant of Greater London (Sir Kenneth Olisa).

Court Circular 9th March:
Buckingham Palace

The Queen this afternoon attended the Commonwealth Day Observance Service in Westminster Abbey and was received by the Dean of Westminster (the Very Reverend Dr David Hoyle) and the Chairman of the Council of Commonwealth Societies (the Lord Howell of Guildford).

The Prince of Wales and The Duchess of Cornwall, The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge, The Duke and Duchess of Sussex and The Earl and Countess of Wessex were also present.

Clarence House

The Prince of Wales and The Duchess of Cornwall this evening attended a Reception given by the Commonwealth Secretary-General (the Baroness Scotland of Asthal) at Marlborough House, London SW1.

Court Circular 5th May:
Clarence House

The Prince of Wales and The Duchess of Cornwall this morning delivered a message of support to the Royal Mail.

The bagpipes are very moving ,I think this was played at Queen Mothers funeral?

The first tune as they walk out is "oft in the stilly night". This Irish tune was played at the Queen Mother's funeral. Then it's the great Scottish lament "the flowers of the forest".

This was deeply moving...I love the sound of bagpipes; they have a haunting quality, and it was no different today...

Court Circular 8th May:
Clarence House

The Prince of Wales, accompanied by The Duchess of Cornwall, this morning led the Nation’s two-minute silence at Balmoral to mark the Seventy-Fifth Anniversary of VE Day.

Last edited:
I would recommend the Prince of Wales to be critical on his old suits. I know, I know, Savile Row et al... but there comes a moment that even Savile Row suits are three sizes too big, visibly worn out and hopelessly out of fashion.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom