Prince Charles: Earlier Life and Incidents, Life in Pictures

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Texas 1978

Paul Harrison ‏@SkyNewsRoyal 15 Jun
#royal @ClarenceHouse You will never have seen this photo before - Prince #Charles, morning mist, Texas, 1978

http://t.co/v5a6HhzupI

I'm nor sure if Clarence House did to be honest. The twitter is Paul Harrison and (cos I dont do twitter) was he sending to, or receiving from, CH.

I'm nor sure if Clarence House did to be honest. The twitter is Paul Harrison and (cos I dont do twitter) was he sending to, or receiving from, CH.

Thanks, Cepe - I need to quit speed reading!

A very nice and touching clip of a young Prince Charles saluting on the balcony of Buckingham Palace during the Trooping of the Colour:
No it was a Levi's guy

Previously unpublished photos of a young prince charles.

Hi there.

Whist searching through my late grandmother possessions I came accross a series of photos of prince charles that I assume she took when much younger.

I have no idea when or where the photos are from - but they appear to be of Charles out on a hunt.

Can anyone shed any light on when or where these photos were taken?

Previously unpublished pictures of Charles, Prince of Wales | Garry Walkers Website

Many Thanks

Garry

These are lovely, thanks! And welcome to the forums.

Thankyou. My grandmother lived not far from Sandringham (about 10 miles) - but I think at the time these photos were taken she was resident in East London - she never spoke of them, but I have been finding out a lot I didn't know about her recently.

They are lovely photos. I would say that these pix are late 70's; early 80's. Was your grandmother based in London then or still nr Sandringham?

They are lovely photos. I would say that these pix are late 70's; early 80's. Was your grandmother based in London then or still nr Sandringham?

She only moved to Norfolk in the late 1980s - and prior to that had no connection to the Norfolk area (as far as I am aware). So there is a good chance these having nothing to do with Sandringham and it is just a co-incidence.

I've seen pix of Charles hunting in 1981 and age-wise it looks right but it is not the same hunt as the head gear is diferent. I'll continue to search.

Thank you, by the way, posting these pix - they are lovely.

No worries! I was absolutely shocked to find photos of royalty amongst my grandmothers photos - I had to do a double take! I posted these pictures to a couple of the popular forums in the hope I would get somewhere. The fact they are black and white to me implies they are pre-1980s - I was born in the very early 80s and there isnt a single black and white photo of me in my nans collection - this leads me to believe it was before hand...... someone on another site just posted this:

"Using pictures of his investiture as Prince of Wales and his first wedding may help narrow down the approx. date of your photos. Just his hairline is a tell-tale sign, and the fact that the length of his hair goes beyond the collar of his coat leads me to believe it may have been in his very early 20s."

As Charles was born in 1948 - that would place the photos somewhere between 1968 and 1973. Although this isn't certain.

Prince Charles favourite hunt is that of the Duke of Beaufort. Here is the link

Home Page

Perhaps if you contact them, they can help.I was uncertain because members used to have beige lapels to their hunting coats but I could so easily be wrong. Contact them and if it helps, let us know.

Good luck

I will do! Thankyou Cepe, also thankyou Tony Oliver - I have filled out the contact form on the POW official website!

No response as yet from either website - but I wouldn't expect so over the festive period. I decided to post the photos to reddit as well in the hope someone might know - does anyone else have any other places I could ask? The more people I ask - the greater the chance someone will know something.

You can try posting it on twitter, and linking it to @ClarenceHouse. The response might be quicker.

Good idea Cdngirl - I have given it a go.... no response as yet - from anyone on twitter - not much help on reddit either - although one guy has been able to identify all the war ships in my grandfathers old war photos..... My family would like to thank everyone for their help and ideas.

Look what Youtube found.
So. Cute. :heart2:

Posted here because the Charles bits are the best. Look how happy Philip was... But then, why wouldn't he be?

Interesting (official!) gossip from Norway. They go so far as to state King Haakon was Elizabeth's favorite uncle (missing the "great") and that Charles was named after him. Now I know Haakon was his godfather, and I know he was much loved by his British extended in-laws, but that's the first I've ever heard of that.

It does seem like a coincidence, with all the other reasons we've heard for Charles's name. On the other hand, what is it doing in an official court communique of this solemn stature if somebody has the wrong story? https://www.royalcourt.no/nyhet.html?tid=215550&sek=27262

[In order to eliminate confusion, Haakon was formerly known as Prince Carl. His wife and in-laws always called him "Charles".]

Last edited:
To continue with the above, according to the excellent book Last Hope Island, apparently George VI "once told his daughter, the future Queen Elizabeth II, how much the 'unshakable courage and resolution' shown by his uncle had 'supported and uplifted him during those heavy days'." Wow.

So maybe it is true...

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom