The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 09-12-2007, 03:16 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by CasiraghiTrio View Post
Because Aldersen, the writer & Telegraph chief reporter, had it from the "senior royal aides" of course.
Oh yes, of course. I thought it might be 'close friends'.

Quote:
Originally Posted by milla Ca
Prince Charles says young don't know rural life - TelegraphPrince Charles claims young people are ignorant of the countryside and have no idea where food comes from.
Interesting article. I have to agree with Prince Charles, many young people (including me) are completely ignorant, when it comes to countryside. It would be great if it were possible to generate more interest somehow.

Queen Elizabeth: "I cannot lead you into battle, I do not give you laws or administer justice but I can do something else, I can give you my heart and my devotion to these old islands and to all the peoples of our brotherhood of nations." God, Save The Queen!
Old 09-12-2007, 08:46 AM

It is admirable of the Prince to want to generate increased interest in rural issues among youth. But the very real urban issues (principally poverty) are also too much brushed under the table, because the problems are so huge and daunting.

Old 09-12-2007, 03:24 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avalon View Post
Interesting article. I have to agree with Prince Charles, many young people (including me) are completely ignorant, when it comes to countryside. It would be great if it were possible to generate more interest somehow.
It is not just the young. I was having a 'chat' with a middle aged woman a few years ago, who called me a liar when I said the lambs and calves she was admiring in the field, would soon be on someones plate. She went on to say, 'don't be so stupid, all beef and lamb is sold by a supermarket and nothing to do with creatures in a field'!
Old 09-12-2007, 03:29 PM

My Great Grandmother used to have chickens in the garden (as alot of Cockneys did) and I remember her telling me, "Don't make 'er yor bridesmayd, she'll be on your bleedin' plate be Sunday". So I'm all for the Prince's efforts, we should know where our food comes from and all this squeamishness really is too boring for words. It's like people who stare at you in restaurants when you order foie gras and then order a steak the size of Japan - if people knew where their food came from, they'd realise how hypocritical they're being. It's about time we went back to basics food wise so I think the Prince of Wales is setting a wonderful example. Rant over.
Old 09-12-2007, 04:54 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skydragon View Post
It is not just the young. I was having a 'chat' with a middle aged woman a few years ago, who called me a liar when I said the lambs and calves she was admiring in the field, would soon be on someones plate. She went on to say, 'don't be so stupid, all beef and lamb is sold by a supermarket and nothing to do with creatures in a field'!
Good grief. Probably from a food replicator or something.

Another part of the problem is that people these days don't seem to have vegetable gardens like they used to (partly because houses are being built on smaller and smaller lots), and it's getting more unusual to see edible landscaping of any sort in gardens. So even in the suburbs kids are growing up not making the connection between food in the shops and food in (or on) the ground. It's nice to see Prince Charles trying to help youngsters make that connection.
Old 09-13-2007, 08:04 AM
Heir Apparent

HRH Prince of Wales speaking at the ClimateWise launch in London. ClimateWise principles mark a new era in Insurance Industry action to takle climate change. Date: 13.09.2007

ANP Beeldbank
Old 09-13-2007, 03:17 PM
Royal Highness

HRH launches the ClimateWise principles for the British insurance industry
13th September

The Prince of Wales - HRH launches the ClimateWise principles for the British insurance industry
Old 09-15-2007, 07:35 PM

13 September 2007
Launching the ClimateWise Principles at the Park Plaza Riverbank London Hotel ---> The Wise Prince (same source)

14 September 2007
HRH became the first member of the royal family to use the newly converted biodiesel royal train, as he arrived in Scarborough, North Yorkshire for a couple of engagements. ---> Picture (precisely the same source)
Old 10-05-2007, 02:24 PM
Royal Highness

Prince Charles:´PatronSaint´ Of Organics

´He´s the patron saint of organics,´says royals watcher Victoria Mather. ´He espoused organic agriculture and organic gardening long before it was fashionable. Now, it´s super-fashionable. What a great time to release a book about it !´

Prince Charles: "Patron Saint" Of Organics, Setting Standard For Organic Farming And Gardening At Highgrove, His Private Estate - CBS News
Old 10-11-2007, 03:12 AM
Royal Highness

Prince urges bold global warming action

Prince Charles told U.S. lawmakers in a letter Wednesday that the challenges of global warming require a ´coordinated response, based on action across every sector of society´.

The Associated Press: Prince Urges Bold Global Warming Action
Old 10-20-2007, 01:38 AM
Royal Highness

Thumbs up

Charles named on Time´s list of green ´heroes´

Prince Charles, Al Gore and the actor Robert Redford have been all named alongside the likes of Sir David Attenborough and Mikhail Gorbachev as ´Heroes of Environment´ in a list of the great and the good.

Scotsman.com News - UK - Charles named on Time's list of green 'heroes'
Old 10-20-2007, 07:52 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by milla Ca View Post
Charles named on Time´s list of green ´heroes´

Prince Charles, Al Gore and the actor Robert Redford have been all named alongside the likes of Sir David Attenborough and Mikhail Gorbachev as ´Heroes of Environment´ in a list of the great and the good.

Scotsman.com News - UK - Charles named on Time's list of green 'heroes'

Prince Charles, Al Gore, Robert Redford and Sir David Attenborough all deserved that.
Congratulations with this very deserved honour!
Queen Elizabeth: "I cannot lead you into battle, I do not give you laws or administer justice but I can do something else, I can give you my heart and my devotion to these old islands and to all the peoples of our brotherhood of nations." God, Save The Queen!
Old 10-20-2007, 09:59 PM
Nobility

Charles really deserved that, he works so hard for the ecosystem. Way to go Charles!
Old 10-23-2007, 09:25 PM
Courtier

Prince Charles to launch campaign against climate change

Prince Charles to launch campaign against climate change-UK-World-The Times of India

Reds get royal support from Prince Charles

http://www.morpethherald.co.uk/news/...rom.3389508.jp

yes, Prince Charles is such a good man!
Old 10-24-2007, 09:47 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by love_cc View Post
No, Charles is not backing the communist party, merely squirrels.
Old 10-26-2007, 06:06 AM
Heir Apparent

Thank you for the pictures everyone. Prince Charles looked charming, as always. Although this picture is easily my favourite one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by milla Ca
Prince ´s plea to save rainforests

The Prince of Wales has called for urgent action to save the remaining rainforests, saying their preservation is vital to combat climate change.

BBC NEWS | UK | Prince's plea to save rainforests
Quote:
Prince Charles to launch campaign against climate change

Prince Charles to launch campaign against climate change-UK-World-The Times of India

http://www.morpethherald.co.uk/news/...rom.3389508.jp

yes, Prince Charles is such a good man!
Isn't it wonderful to see that the Prince is so involved with all these issues, which are of vital importance, yet often blatantly ignored?
Good job Charles, keep it going!
Old 10-26-2007, 06:44 AM

It's always great to see Charles highlighting environmental issues, and of course it's delightful to see pics of him all flustered around the showgirls. Honestly, though, that showgirl thing seems like rather tacky entertainment for a WWF gala....
Of course the Daily Mail had to cash in their two cents on this one:
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/liv...n_page_id=1770
Old 10-28-2007, 12:48 PM
Courtier

has he ever made any comments about the Al Gore movie...'An Inconvenient Truth?'...just curious...since he is so into Global Warming...I wasn't sure if he ever attended a screening or spoken about it.
Old 11-07-2007, 03:19 PM
Royal Highness

Thank you for the pics of today, iceflower!
________
Prince issues climate warning

Speaking at the All Nations Centre in Cardiff, Prince Charles said the evidence of climate change is ´frightening and alarming´.

Prince issues climate warning
Old 11-07-2007, 04:34 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jo of Palatine View Post
I guess he never met victims of EHEC-infections... In the village where I used to live 5 kindergardeb-kids died because they drank raw milk conterminated by EHECs and shigatoxins..... Nothing to make fun of. It is a risk to drink raw milk - even though it is delicious. And there is not much a farmer can do about EHEC...
The tests that farmers have to have done on each batch before they are allowed to sell unpasteurised, rule out the chance of them selling contaminated milk.

BBC NEWS | Wales | South East Wales | Prince 'alarm' at climate change

Prince Charles has warned that climate change is the biggest challenge facing society.

A gallery of pictures from Charles' visit to Cardiff

BBC NEWS | In Pictures | In pictures: Charles in Cardiff

Tags
environment, global warming, prince charles, prince of wales