The Royal Forums Coat of Arms


Join The Royal Forums Today
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
  #81  
Old 07-12-2008, 05:32 PM
randomlyKeira's Avatar
Nobility
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: London and New York, United Kingdom
Posts: 381
Laura really is a beautiful girl. Not the most fashionable, but she has a radiance, doesn't she?
__________________

__________________
“Hollywood amuses me. Holier-than-thou for the public and unholier-than-the-devil in reality”
-Grace Kelly

Reply With Quote
  #82  
Old 07-13-2008, 12:14 PM
CasiraghiTrio's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Burbank, United States
Posts: 6,402
Yes, she is a very happy, attractive person. Not beautiful, but attractive and affable. She is photogenic too, I think, which obviously helps.
__________________

__________________
Chewsteraghi on Tumblr. Schmichaelira on Twitter. Tumblr aka obsessivechewsteraghidisorder. Be warned: I'm weird.
Reply With Quote
  #83  
Old 07-13-2008, 04:13 PM
Hannelore's Avatar
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Antwerp, Belgium
Posts: 2,110
You can see she isn't intrested in spending a lot of time on the way she looks, but she has a very kind expression. She looks aproachable.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #84  
Old 07-13-2008, 04:40 PM
randomlyKeira's Avatar
Nobility
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: London and New York, United Kingdom
Posts: 381
Yeah, she seems to have an every-day sort of beauty, not manufactured or "gorgeous" (a la casiraghi), but comfortable in her skin, and pretty in the sort of way that you see on the streets and just automatically think that they are beautiful on the inside too. Wonderful smile.
__________________
“Hollywood amuses me. Holier-than-thou for the public and unholier-than-the-devil in reality”
-Grace Kelly

Reply With Quote
  #85  
Old 07-15-2008, 07:23 PM
Monika_'s Avatar
Aristocracy
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: New York, United States
Posts: 190
Quote:
Originally Posted by georgiea View Post
Laura from the above photo has a strong chin like the Duchess.
That's rather kind, IMO. Sorry, but I think she has a rather large chin and forehead like her mother. And Tom's looks, well... And does he even own a comb? Yikes.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #86  
Old 07-15-2008, 08:00 PM
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Troy, United States
Posts: 3,025
Good grief... I think that all of you are being kind! Laura, pretty?? Tom , well, just let's say that he leaves much to be desired!
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #87  
Old 07-16-2008, 12:05 AM
CasiraghiTrio's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Burbank, United States
Posts: 6,402
^Well, what is wrong with being kind? We are also expressing our opinions.
__________________
Chewsteraghi on Tumblr. Schmichaelira on Twitter. Tumblr aka obsessivechewsteraghidisorder. Be warned: I'm weird.
Reply With Quote
  #88  
Old 07-16-2008, 12:27 AM
rominet09's Avatar
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: LIEGE, Belgium
Posts: 2,749
Nobody, when seeing her, can t help liking her in my opinion, she is more than pretty
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #89  
Old 07-16-2008, 05:15 AM
Skydragon's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: London and Highlands, United Kingdom
Posts: 10,943
Quote:
Originally Posted by CasiraghiTrio View Post
Yes, she is a very happy, attractive person. Not beautiful, but attractive and affable. She is photogenic too, I think, which obviously helps.
I think like many women, with the right amount of make-up, professionally applied, she could be seen as pretty.
--------------------
'Large chin & forehead, I wonder how many people on here 'suffer' from the same complaint!
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #90  
Old 07-16-2008, 11:35 AM
Liz's Avatar
Liz Liz is offline
Gentry
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Los Angeles, United States
Posts: 95
IMO she's a very pretty girl. I didn't even notice her chin until people in this thread pointed it out. I think her eyes are her best feature.

Now her brother on the other hand...yikes . That's a face only a mother could love.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #91  
Old 07-16-2008, 12:19 PM
Courtier
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Kirkland, United States
Posts: 682
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monika_ View Post
That's rather kind, IMO. Sorry, but I think she has a rather large chin and forehead like her mother. And Tom's looks, well... And does he even own a comb? Yikes.
Laura is really a "handsome" woman --- very attractive and low maintenance.
I bet that she is very friendly and approachable. Tom's wife Sara - before the baby came - dressed in a really trashy way and did not look like the friendly type.
I saw Tom not too long ago on an American morning show doing a cooking segment. He was preparing a roast chicken "a la Camilla" --- the way that his Mum likes to roast a chicken. Camilla in the kitchen? I don't think so!
Tom seemed like a nice sort of guy, but, again, he always looks like he just rolled out of the bed.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #92  
Old 07-16-2008, 12:29 PM
Skydragon's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: London and Highlands, United Kingdom
Posts: 10,943
Quote:
Originally Posted by Liz View Post
IMO she's a very pretty girl. I didn't even notice her chin until people in this thread pointed it out. I think her eyes are her best feature.

Now her brother on the other hand...yikes . That's a face only a mother could love.
As chins go, I have never thought of it as being 'large'. As for Tom, there is no doubt who his father is!
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #93  
Old 07-16-2008, 12:33 PM
Skydragon's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: London and Highlands, United Kingdom
Posts: 10,943
Quote:
Originally Posted by pamk View Post
Laura is really a "handsome" woman --- very attractive and low maintenance.
I bet that she is very friendly and approachable. Tom's wife Sara - before the baby came - dressed in a really trashy way and did not look like the friendly type.
I saw Tom not too long ago on an American morning show doing a cooking segment. He was preparing a roast chicken "a la Camilla" --- the way that his Mum likes to roast a chicken. Camilla in the kitchen? I don't think so!
Tom seemed like a nice sort of guy, but, again, he always looks like he just rolled out of the bed.
When he was speaking on the TV here, he said that when they all meet up for a family meal at Raymill House, his mum still cooks them Sunday Roast.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #94  
Old 07-16-2008, 12:48 PM
CasiraghiTrio's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Burbank, United States
Posts: 6,402
^I can totally picture Camilla roasting a chicken for her intimate family, and maybe even some dearest friends!

I agree with Liz that Laura's best feature are her eyes. Though she does really have a fantastic smile too. As for her chin, I think it's a cute chin. LOL
__________________
Chewsteraghi on Tumblr. Schmichaelira on Twitter. Tumblr aka obsessivechewsteraghidisorder. Be warned: I'm weird.
Reply With Quote
  #95  
Old 07-16-2008, 04:28 PM
randomlyKeira's Avatar
Nobility
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: London and New York, United Kingdom
Posts: 381
I think there is no doubt who Laura's mother is, but she is definitely not taing after some of her mothers lack-luster traits (to put it kindly)... Tom isn't my type... And I can see Camilla cooking, cleaning and being a family mum/grand mum. I've always seen her as sort of "homely", and if she didn't have the money and status of the royal family behind her, I could see her settled on a farm somewhere... I mean, from what I hear, she's quite the happy homemaker at Highgrove...
__________________
“Hollywood amuses me. Holier-than-thou for the public and unholier-than-the-devil in reality”
-Grace Kelly

Reply With Quote
  #96  
Old 07-16-2008, 06:03 PM
Rebafan81's Avatar
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Akron, United States
Posts: 1,034
Quote:
Originally Posted by randomlyKeira View Post
I think there is no doubt who Laura's mother is, but she is definitely not taing after some of her mothers lack-luster traits (to put it kindly)... Tom isn't my type... And I can see Camilla cooking, cleaning and being a family mum/grand mum. I've always seen her as sort of "homely", and if she didn't have the money and status of the royal family behind her, I could see her settled on a farm somewhere... I mean, from what I hear, she's quite the happy homemaker at Highgrove...
I quite agree with your opinion of Camilla. She reminds me of the older generation of royal women, please I don't mean that as an insult, and I also think she looks like she would be just as happy "playing in the mud" as she is at a really nice party, probably more in the mud. There is nothing wrong with that and I can see how she would get down and dirty with her kids and grandkids. She actually looks like she doesn't take herself too seriously and could be a lot of fun. At first I didn't think I would like her because of Diana but I think at this point history is history and she seems to make the PoW happy.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #97  
Old 07-16-2008, 08:41 PM
Monika_'s Avatar
Aristocracy
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: New York, United States
Posts: 190
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by CasiraghiTrio View Post
^Well, what is wrong with being kind? We are also expressing our opinions.
I will second that! Absolutely! We should all be able to...
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #98  
Old 07-17-2008, 07:42 AM
Skydragon's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: London and Highlands, United Kingdom
Posts: 10,943
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rebafan81 View Post
She reminds me of the older generation of royal women, please I don't mean that as an insult, and I also think she looks like she would be just as happy "playing in the mud" as she is at a really nice party, probably more in the mud. There is nothing wrong with that and I can see how she would get down and dirty with her kids and grandkids. She actually looks like she doesn't take herself too seriously and could be a lot of fun. At first I didn't think I would like her because of Diana but I think at this point history is history and she seems to make the PoW happy.
Of course it is not seen as an insult but just because she reminds anyone of the older style royals, doesn't mean she is necessarily lack lustre. She is of course a member of the older generation, we wouldn't want the 'mutton dressed as lamb' scenario, (not nice). She is in her 60's and dresses well for her age, IMO. Most people who have met Camilla report she has a wonderful sense of humour and like many of the English, is able to laugh at herself.

Laura seems to have inherited her mothers ability to not take herself too seriously and probably has the same 'I don't mind doing the dirty jobs' mentality. Laura may not win the Miss World competition, but someone who is beautiful to one person will be considered plain or plain ugly to others.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #99  
Old 07-17-2008, 09:22 AM
MARG's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Christchurch, New Zealand
Posts: 4,039
I find myself completely gobsmacked by some of the comments about Laura. Before her mother married the PoW she was a homemaker and obviously Laura takes after her.

Laura, apart from her stepfamily, is a normal average woman who, on occasion, looks great and on others like something the cat dragged in. That is called real life. Unfortunately, unlike anyone else, photographers take unattractive photo's to publish because of who her mother is and not who she is.

Laura has never sought the limelight nor courted publicity because of her connections. We could all cut her a little slack because she doen't spend the greater part of her day looking like a fashion model deperately wanting to dump the baby model back on it's mother.

Let's all just admire this lovely young woman who is happy, healthy and enjoying life for what it is.

Let's also give ourselves a smack round the head for treating her like a slab of meat or worse still, a possible CP.
__________________
MARG
"Words ought to be a little wild, for they are assaults of thoughts on the unthinking." - JM Keynes
Reply With Quote
  #100  
Old 07-17-2008, 02:05 PM
CasiraghiTrio's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Burbank, United States
Posts: 6,402
I find posts like Marg's offensive. you come on here and insist on beating a dead horse. Where is anyone insulting Laura? For the most part, comments seem to be favorable to her. My comments have been favorable, and I am far from being alone. I think many of us respect and admire Laura. So why do you come on here to yell at us and say we are shallow or something? It's very rude, imho.
__________________

__________________
Chewsteraghi on Tumblr. Schmichaelira on Twitter. Tumblr aka obsessivechewsteraghidisorder. Be warned: I'm weird.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
camilla, duchess of cornwall, harry lopes, laura lopes


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Prince Harry and Chelsy Davy current events: October 2007 - November 2007 Warren Current Events Archive 20 11-12-2007 06:44 PM
Laura Parker-Bowles & Harry Lopes, May 2006 Princejohnny25 Weddings: Non-Reigning Houses & Nobility 163 11-11-2007 09:16 AM
Prince Harry current events 18: June - November 2007 Warren Current Events Archive 171 11-06-2007 06:30 AM
Prince Harry current events 17: 17 May - 12 June 2007 Elspeth Current Events Archive 205 06-12-2007 06:59 AM
Princely Family of Monaco Current Events 2 : June 2006 - May 2007 tbhrc Current Events Archive 192 05-14-2007 08:33 PM




Additional Links
Popular Tags
birth charlene chris o'neill crown prince frederik crown prince haakon crown princess letizia crown princess mary crown princess mette-marit current events dutch royal history engagement fashion genealogy grand duchess maria teresa grand duke henri hohenzollern infanta sofia jewellery jordan king abdullah ii king carl xvi gustav king constantine ii king felipe king felipe vi king harald king juan carlos king philippe king willem-alexander luxembourg nobility olympics ottoman picture of the month poland pom president komorowski prince albert prince albert ii prince carl philip prince felipe prince floris prince maurits prince pieter-christiaan princess aimee princess anita princess beatrix princess charlene princess claire princess letizia princess madeleine princess marilene princess mary princess mary fashion princess of asturias queen anne-marie queen letizia queen mathilde queen maxima queen rania queen silvia queen sofia royal royal fashion russia sofia hellqvist spain state visit visit wedding winter olympics 2014



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:54 AM.

Social Knowledge Networks

eXTReMe Tracker
Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2014
Jelsoft Enterprises

Royal News Delivered to your Email!

You can get the latest Royal News right in your inbox.

unsusbcribe at anytime with one click

Close [X]