Lady Tryon ("Kanga") and Other Female Friends of Charles

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
This could have been an interesting discussion if people weren't so intent on taking sides and refusing to entertain the possibility that the other side was even 5% right about things.
Yes it could, but it is rather difficult to accept that Charles was to blame for Kanga's illness and as a result should have looked after her. What was the poor chap to do, return to every ex girlfriend if and when they became ill? :flowers:
Once they split up, most people get on with their lives, that is just what Charles did and IMO, he can't be held to account because an ex, some years later becomes mentally ill! :flowers:

Yes it could, but it is rather difficult to accept that Charles was to blame for Kanga's illness and as a result should have looked after her. What was the poor chap to do, return to every ex girlfriend if and when they became ill? :flowers:
Once they split up, most people get on with their lives, that is just what Charles did and IMO, he can't be held to account because an ex, some years later becomes mentally ill! :flowers:
I certainly agree with you! What a weird world this would be if people were expected to keep track of and care for, years later, everyone they ever had relations with -- makes my head spin!

I just find them interesting to read. I have posted the above links as they correspond with the thread's topic. Nothing else.

I just find them interesting to read. I have posted the above links as they correspond with the thread's topic. Nothing else.

Yes, but you said that they give us "an idea about Kanga" and I don't think this idea is very reliable. :flowers:

Yes, but you said that they give us "an idea about Kanga" and I don't think this idea is very reliable. :flowers:

This was supposed to be a meeting with Kanga. If we assume one's perception of things is one's reality, this is how Kanga saw things and events. How more reliable can it be?

I always thought that the word "give smb an idea" means " give smb general information on smth/smb". It does not necessarily mean accurate and reliable. It is up to a partcular individual to decide whether he/she consider the above articles to be reliable. Perhaps, people can further their own research. Do they above article and blog posts allow people to have an understanding about Lady Tryon? Yes.
The
original post has been modified in order to placate you.

This was supposed to be a meeting with Kanga. If we assume one's perception of things is one's reality, this is how Kanga saw things and events. How more reliable can it be?

But it wasn't Kanga who wrote the article andif I understood correctly, she was already dead when the article was published. I doubt her family would have been interested in taking steps against such an article, so why should the author bother with corectness when instead a quite sauce piece could be published?

Whoever wrote the article sounds delusional - take this for instance
Clearly the Royal Family are devoted to her,
Really, I see no proof of this either in the article or in real life. or this
who says she is the only woman who truly understands him
Really, again if you do not see/know the man, how can this be so? Charles also seems not to agree.
she still adores the Prince and believes that he feels the same way about her
As I said, she sounds delusional, perhaps they should have committed her after all.

I don't think she needed to be committed that seems a bit extreme, but maybe seeing a professional would have helped her a bit.

I don't think she needed to be committed that seems a bit extreme, but maybe seeing a professional would have helped her a bit.
I think she had been seeing a professional but as soon as she returned to the family home, the condition manifested itself again. There has always been the question, was the fall a suicide attempt.:flowers:

But it wasn't Kanga who wrote the article andif I understood correctly, she was already dead when the article was published. I doubt her family would have been interested in taking steps against such an article, so why should the author bother with corectness when instead a quite sauce piece could be published?

Jo. The way I see it, if this was a make believe meeting that either never happened or did not happen that way, what possible benefit would the author have publishing this after Kanga's death?
If we discount what we read from supposedly first hand accounts, the statements we hear or read by third parties and the rumours that circulate, we should stop discussing a lot of subjects. I always believed the truth lies somewhere in between statements and recollections. Are you doubting the Kanga version because it may cast a shadow on Camilla? I am just asking to help me figure this one out for myself.

Jo. The way I see it, if this was a make believe meeting that either never happened or did not happen that way, what possible benefit would the author have publishing this after Kanga's death?
You ask what possible benefit? ££££££££££££££££££/$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$:D

You ask what possible benefit? ££££££££££££££££££/$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$:D

After her death? Who would really care? If she was a crackpot like some in these forums portray her to be why should anyone pay to read about her?

Mental illness in any form is terribly sad. I'm sure P Charles felt badly about his friend's mental deterioration, as any friend would. This is def a private matter for friends and family. It's incredibly low for anyone to try and profit from this.

I think that when Charles was running around with both Camilla and Kanga that the Press sometimes confused the two --- spotting a blond head of hair with Charles - it could have been either one.
I think that Diana was friendly (at least!) with Kanga --- Diana was photographed early in her marriage wearing one of Kanga's dresses -
Kanga was certainly indiscreet - I remember an interview with "W" magazine and Kanga took a phone call. She hinted very broadly that the caller was from Buckingham Palace and that she was very busy preparing for the weekend with one of the Royals.
She gave an interview right before her death while she was living at the Ritz Hotel in London. I believe she spoke to Hello magazine. There were photos of her. In spite of her illness and her being in a wheelcahir, she looked cheerful.
A very sad ending to a once glorious life.

PamK the mention of the Hello interview at the Ritz is close to the article in the Daily Mail.
It is very true that if P Charles was dating both Kanga and Camilla at the same time, there would be some animosity between the two camps, since it was always portrayed to be that Camilla was the true love he let get away and finally he re-united with.
Again, mental illmess or not a jilted lady who was cast aside in plain view may have reasons to put on a brave face and create impressions favourable to her.
It is very sad how Kanga's life turned out. Her marriage did not seem to have been a match made in heaven either.

After her death? Who would really care? If she was a crackpot like some in these forums portray her to be why should anyone pay to read about her?
The paper that printed this story was able to find people to read it apparently. As she had a connection to Charles, all sorts of people would be interested, that's why the Blog that is shown exists.
I think that when Charles was running around with both Camilla and Kanga that the Press sometimes confused the two --- spotting a blond head of hair with Charles - it could have been either one.
I think that Diana was friendly (at least!) with Kanga --- Diana was photographed early in her marriage wearing one of Kanga's dresses -
Kanga was certainly indiscreet - I remember an interview with "W" magazine and Kanga took a phone call. She hinted very broadly that the caller was from Buckingham Palace and that she was very busy preparing for the weekend with one of the Royals
I think the press photographers were well aware who Camilla was and who Dale was.

As for Diana wearing one of the dresses from Kanga's collection, I miss the significance, people buy/wear all sorts. It is quite easy to pretend you are talking to BP, when in fact it is your tailor, that is the oldest trick in the book.:cool:

Mental illness in any form is terribly sad. I'm sure P Charles felt badly about his friend's mental deterioration, as any friend would. This is def a private matter for friends and family. It's incredibly low for anyone to try and profit from this.
Very true!:flowers:

Because it was saucy. And the author may have hoped to establish herself as knowledgable, so could get more assignments to write about the RF.

As someone who can remember the days of Kanga I must add that at that time no one ever mentioned that Camilla was his one and only love, even the pictures of him near the tree with the heart and arrow didn´t appear both she and Lady Tryon were only mentioned as a friend.s All this "love of his life" and other details about Camilla were not that (well) known. Kanga was part of his circle of friends and so was Camilla and it seems a few others were. Of course his close friends knew, look how some of these later on after his marriage were ready to lend him their houses etc to entertain his lady friends.
I think that Camilla is the survivor of these friends and in my honest opinion he has been very lucky as she seems to be perfectly suited to his temperament, which may not be that easy. They laugh at the same things, and look so comfortabe together and that is a wonderful start to any romance or marriage.
Poor Kanga, perhaps she was disappointed because she aimed too high, but we can´t be that sorry for her as she certainly lived it up and and she seemed to be accepted and liked in the Prince Charles circle.

"Palace" set and

I think the press photographers were well aware who Camilla was and who Dale was.
:cool:

Yes, and it was their intetion to show that Charles has an affair with both of them at the same time , therefore they´ mix up´ the two women on photos. ( You can read about it in the ´Brandreth -book)

Not a surprise that the ´Mail´ pick up the ´Kanga -story´, every stuff to talk bad about Charles (and Camilla) is good stuff for them.

Or do you think they really would tell us a word about the poor Lady Tryon without ´their summit ´ that the Prince has not only an affair with Camilla in the eighties and that he´s the one who ´broke another heart´....?:sick:

Or do you think they really would tell us a word about the poor Lady Tryon without ´their summit ´ that the Prince has not only an affair with Camilla in the eighties and that he´s the one who ´broke another heart´....?:sick:
But as we know, this publication is not always factual! :rolleyes: This post rather puts paid to the Charles abandoned her, SHE had already dumped her friends, part of her illness I know, but when it is happening you don't think 'oh they are ill' you just think 'what have I done' or what a b*tch'
Her daughter Zoe was "home" in Australia last month and said that towards the end of her mother's life things became "very difficult". Lady Tryon's mental state was deteriorating and the family faced the same estrangement as her social circle. It is most likely she fell, accidentally or on purpose, from the window. The subject of suicide is something no family likes to admit or discuss
You can't help someone who refuses to be helped!

Revisiting the so-called reliable sources ....

I wonder what are the reliable sources that may give us, let us say, a reasonably impartial depiction of the situation surrounding Lady Tryon. The sources available in the Internet are viewed as delusional because authours had a self-serving motives. Depending on which side of this sad story a particular author choose to believe, books about Prince Charles are likely to have a certain bias either for or against Lady Tryon. Even if Lady Tryon happened to leave some DVD telling her own story, her words are likely to be labeled as delusional, becase she was regarded as mentally unstable and, thus, lost her credibility. So what are the reilable sources ..?

The paper that printed this story was able to find people to read it apparently. As she had a connection to Charles, all sorts of people would be interested, that's why the Blog that is shown exists.I think the press photographers were well aware who Camilla was and who Dale was.

As for Diana wearing one of the dresses from Kanga's collection, I miss the significance, people buy/wear all sorts. It is quite easy to pretend you are talking to BP, when in fact it is your tailor, that is the oldest trick in the book.:cool:

Remember the incident on the Royal Train when Charles and Diana were dating?
The train was parked overnight on a side track and in the early morning hours "a blonde" was seen leaving the train? The press said that it was Diana - there was horrible row with Diana's mother getting involved to uphold her daughter's honor. Evidently, the "blonde" was Camilla, but who can say?
From a distance - "a blonde" who is is sneaking around in early morning darkness can be misidentified.

A Kanga dress was very distinctive and the wearing of a Kanga dress by Diana (who was not a fool) and wearing it in a public place where it was bound to be photographed meant that she didn't banish Kanga. The press followed Diana slavishly when it came to fashion. The public knew the designer of every piece of clothing she wore. In her day, Diana's fashions carried great significence.

I didn't write the story of the interview. If the reporter was fooled by Kanga, then good for her to pull one over on the press.
But, Kanga and her husband were very much in the Highgrove circle and very close to Prince Charles.

Prince Charles' cheating with Camilla on Diana probably made Kanga feel that he was cheating on her, too. Two alligned broken hearts. An odd sort of friendship maybe formed from this.

Remember the incident on the Royal Train when Charles and Diana were dating?
The train was parked overnight on a side track and in the early morning hours "a blonde" was seen leaving the train? The press said that it was Diana - there was horrible row with Diana's mother getting involved to uphold her daughter's honor. Evidently, the "blonde" was Camilla, but who can say?
From a distance - "a blonde" who is is sneaking around in early morning darkness can be misidentified.

Ever since Tina Brown published her book it can be said that it was in fact Diana who sneaked into the Royal train. Brown has a lot of evidence including the statement of the policeman who was on duty that night and knew the license plate's number of the blonde's car - which belonged to Diana's mother but was on loan to Diana during that time. Plus she can prove that Diana stayed at Camilla's that night as was confirmed by a maid in Camilla's household. My guess is that Camilla wanted to give Charles time alone with Diana in order to be sure that she is the right one - I really can't see Camilla hosting a visit of Diana and then sneaking away to meet Charles in Diana's car during the night.

I wonder what are the reliable sources that may give us, let us say, a reasonably impartial depiction of the situation surrounding Lady Tryon. The sources available in the Internet are viewed as delusional because authours had a self-serving motives. Depending on which side of this sad story a particular author choose to believe, books about Prince Charles are likely to have a certain bias either for or against Lady Tryon. Even if Lady Tryon happened to leave some DVD telling her own story, her words are likely to be labeled as delusional, becase she was regarded as mentally unstable and, thus, lost her credibility. So what are the reilable sources ..?

None? It's such an old story with no impact on the present. Charles was not married at the time, Lord Tryon divorced his wife later, Lady Tryon is long dead - so why the interest in the "truth"? This old story is only repeated to hurt Charles, for no other reason. Let Lady Tryon rest in peace instead.

... hurt Price Charles in what way exactly? Can Prince Charles be really hurt by ghosts of his past? After all, Lady Tryon was regarded as mentally unstable. Thus, Prince Charles can not be responsible for Lady Tryon's erratic actions.
Going back to reliable sources ... If there are no such sources, this means that all publications (articles, blogs, books) can have a grain of truth in them. Would it be incorrect to label any of these sources as inaccurate/delusional?

Just sounds like a slow news day to me. . . .:rolleyes:

Back
Top Bottom