The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 09-15-2011, 09:19 PM
Heir Presumptive

There could very well be multiple reasons why the higher ups in the royal family and those that run them have accepted Camilla. To be sure, Charles had decided that he was never going to let her go. But a part from that Camilla seems to have a lot of qualities that are admired in a royal mistress, one of them being discretion and not having a need to be in the spotlight, which apparently is something that Kanga did not have.

Jaqueline Bouvier Kennedy, September 12, 1953
Countess Stephanie of Belgium October 20, 2012
Old 09-16-2011, 10:14 AM
Commoner

yeah, Camilla's discretion is a big plus. luckily, Kanga was not involved with Charles after he got married so she did not have too much to talk about (she talked about Charles years after their affair, though). maybe I am naive, but I honestly think Camilla is the only woman Charles has ever truly loved

Old 09-16-2011, 07:55 PM
Serene Highness

So is there a thread that organizes in one place the known consorts and mistresses of Prince Charles?

He's quite lucky, isn't he, to have had the playboy lifestyle (British Crown Prince style) and then settled down in time to leave many people with the impression that he's quite a well-behaved, diplomatic sort of chap who mostly just looks on at things from the sidelines.

I had totally forgotten about Kanga until I saw this thread. It's a strange feeling, remembering (for example) how many girlfriends the papers alleged the Prince to have had before he settled upon Diana and whether he was going to give up his more "adult" lifestyle to live with the young Lady Diana. It was riveting and then, from all appearances, Prince Charles gave up Kanga and Camilla and all the other exotic-sounding ladies and become quite the family man.

Wish I'd seen the documentary, as all the details are so very vague in my mind.
Old 09-16-2011, 08:07 PM
Heir Presumptive

The Kanga documentary is somewhere on youtube. I believe you can find it by typing in her name, or it might have been called "Prince Charles' Mistress" I can't recall if that is the exact name.
I guess it is a good thing that Charles essentially was a "sowing his wild oats" type a guy and not like Bill Clinton and JFK who can't seem to keep their pants on.
Jaqueline Bouvier Kennedy, September 12, 1953
Countess Stephanie of Belgium October 20, 2012
Old 11-18-2013, 12:13 PM
Administrator

An interesting photo gallery back-catalog of Charles's female friends, most more recognisable by their maiden names.

In pictures: Prince Charles's relationships - Telegraph

A notable omission is Lucia Santa Cruz, daughter of the then Chilean ambassador to the Court of St James, who was Charles's girlfriend 1968-70.
She was invited to the Royal Wedding in 1981 and Charles and Camilla dropped in for tea while visiting Chile in 2009.

.Lucia Santa Cruz
Thumbnail images form cropped portions of larger photographs..
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Charles & Lucia Santa Cruz 1968-70.jpg
Views:	5437
Size:	71.0 KB
ID:	290526   Click image for larger version

Name:	Charles & Lucia Santa Cruz 1968-70b.jpg
Views:	312
Size:	57.3 KB
ID:	290527  
Old 12-09-2013, 08:18 AM
Heir Presumptive

Wed at last, the heiress no man could resist: Charles was besotted. She's dated everyone from Rod Stewart to Jack Nicholson. Now, at 58, Sabrina Guinness is finally marrying - to a man with his own very racy past | Mail Online

Tags
dale tryon, kanga, prince charles, prince of wales, relationships, sue townsend