The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 11-05-2008, 06:07 AM
Imperial Majesty

Here is an article regarding this programme.

Call me paranoid, but I can't help discerning some grim significance in Channel 4's decision to transmit a documentary about the sexual history of the now ageing heir to the throne on the night when our attention is turned to the American presidential elections,

Last Night's Television - Nature Shock: Mutant Devils, Five; Prince Charles's Other Mistress, Channel 4 - Reviews, TV - The Independent

Old 11-05-2008, 06:24 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skydragon View Post

Call me paranoid, but I can't help discerning some grim significance in Channel 4's decision to transmit a documentary about the sexual history of the now ageing heir to the throne on the night when our attention is turned to the American presidential elections,

Last Night's Television - Nature Shock: Mutant Devils, Five; Prince Charles's Other Mistress, Channel 4 - Reviews, TV - The Independent
I couldn't disagree with the review of the programme at all.

Old 11-05-2008, 05:46 PM
Commoner

I watched the programme and have to say the review in the Independant is spot on! It was laughable at times and at the same time a very sad account Dale Tryon's life. The main point of the prog seemed to be that it was all Prince Charles' fault and one wonders at the accuracy of some of the accusations made. The presidential elections far more interesting!!
Old 11-05-2008, 07:31 PM
Heir Apparent

Thank you for the link of the review. It sounds like it was a fluffy yet oddly melodramatic program.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skydragon View Post

Old 11-06-2008, 07:10 AM
Royal Highness

I think it is good that the movie came out when everyone was interested in the president of USA. Just think isn't better then on Prince Charles' birthday. I am sure Channel 4 did the movie that night to keep ratings.
Old 02-02-2009, 06:42 PM
Courtier

Tara Palmer-Tomkinson's daily kiss with Prince Charles - Telegraph
Old 03-06-2011, 05:25 AM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

'Mummy was called mad. She committed the cardinal sin of talking about Prince Charles': Lady Kanga Tryon¿s daughter tells how her mother¿s obsession with the Prince blighted her childhood | Mail Online
Old 03-06-2011, 05:35 AM
Heir Presumptive

Thank you for the link!
By the way,I understand Victoria's feelings about her parents.As every child she just wanted to see her parents happy.
Old 08-23-2011, 09:39 AM
Commoner

sorry to bump this thread, but I became a fan of Prince Charles just a few weeks ago and his relationships (after he married Diana) are a little confusing to me. I'm just wondering whether any of you could give me a short answer few questions:

1. when exactly was Charles involved with Kanga? I read a few articles about them, but I'm still not quite sure

2. was Camilla the only other woman? (there are rumors about some others, but since I didn't really follow Charles much, I don't know whether to believe them)

3. has Charles been involved with anyone since he has officially been with Camilla?

thank you :)
Old 08-23-2011, 12:59 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oliv View Post
sorry to bump this thread, but I became a fan of Prince Charles just a few weeks ago and his relationships (after he married Diana) are a little confusing to me. I'm just wondering whether any of you could give me a short answer few questions:

2. was Camilla the only other woman? (there are rumors about some others, but since I didn't really follow Charles much, I don't know whether to believe them)

3. has Charles been involved with anyone since he has officially been with Camilla?

2- According to Christopher Andersen's book, After Diana from around 1976- 1996, C. had an on- again, off- again affair with Canadian woman Janet Jenkins. The book quotes love letters, and in an interview in the book, Jenkins confirms the affair. And of course Kanga for 25 years. The book claims C had affairs with at least a dozen women during this period. I do not know how accurate that claim is. But Andersen is a pretty reliable writer. I recommend you read the book.
3- As far as the world knows, Charles has been faithful to Camilla since the time of her marriage.
Old 08-23-2011, 03:01 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by roseroyal View Post
2- According to Christopher Andersen's book, After Diana from around 1976- 1996, C. had an on- again, off- again affair with Canadian woman Janet Jenkins. The book quotes love letters, and in an interview in the book, Jenkins confirms the affair. And of course Kanga for 25 years. The book claims C had affairs with at least a dozen women during this period. I do not know how accurate that claim is. But Andersen is a pretty reliable writer. I recommend you read the book.
3- As far as the world knows, Charles has been faithful to Camilla since the time of her marriage.
Wow. You do indeed learn something new every single day. My question is, how do these biographers get access to such personal details?

I'm not obsessed with royalty...I just think intensely about it.
Old 08-23-2011, 07:45 PM
Commoner

I've just read a very informative article about Janet Jenkins, with her actually talking about Charles and their relationship in detail I went to his bedroom to borrow some toothpaste but we spent the | Sunday Mirror Newspaper | Find Articles at BNET

their affair apparently ended before Charles married Diana, but they slept together once more in 1992 (just because they were lonely and upset or something)

the Kanga thing is still confusing to me, though. I mean, from what I've read, it seems like she was completely obsessed with Charles, but he didn't care too much. I never read he cheated on Diana with her.

gosh, I'm so disgusted by these women and their blabbing about their relationship with Charles. this is exactly why Camilla is great - she never talks about intimate details from their lives
Old 08-23-2011, 09:33 PM
Majesty

Quote:
I've just read a very informative article about Janet Jenkins, with her actually talking about Charles and their relationship in detail I went to his bedroom to borrow some toothpaste but we spent the | Sunday Mirror Newspaper | Find Articles at BNET

their affair apparently ended before Charles married Diana, but they slept together once more in 1992 (just because they were lonely and upset or something)

the Kanga thing is still confusing to me, though. I mean, from what I've read, it seems like she was completely obsessed with Charles, but he didn't care too much. I never read he cheated on Diana with her.

gosh, I'm so disgusted by these women and their blabbing about their relationship with Charles. this is exactly why Camilla is great - she never talks about intimate details from their lives
I wonder why Charles never got any sort of restraining order against Lady Tryon. If she were obsessed with him, didn't it rise some sort of concern for his safety? She sounds like a stalker-typle to me.

As for these women talking about their intimate relationships with the Prince of Wales, I guess they just want their own fifteen seconds/minutes of fame. However, it is rather disrespectful on their part. The Duchess of Cornwall strikes me as a very discreet type of person, and I'm glad that some things about their relationship will remain private. We don't need to know every single detail of anyone's affairs, if the truth were told.

I'm not obsessed with royalty...I just think intensely about it.
Old 08-23-2011, 11:18 PM
Majesty

Why do people immediately assume that these women are telling the truth?

Charles has admitted one affair - with Camilla.

Kanga was a friend for many years - were they lovers - maybe before he married Diana but afterwards I doubt it.

It is possible to have friendships that don't end up as affairs or even one night stands.
Old 08-24-2011, 12:37 AM
Courtier

Quote:

1. when exactly was Charles involved with Kanga? I read a few articles about them, but I'm still not quite sure

The Kanga relationship is not one that went past his marriage to Diana. Charles met the then Dale Harper (Kanga) when he was at school in Australia, she was Australian from Melbourne. In the early 1970s she went to work in London and met her future husband who at that time was in of Charles's social circle. Kanga's son oldest son Charles (born in the mid 1970s) is Prince Charles's godchild) During the 1970s Kanga featured quite heavily in the Australian women's magazines as she traded on her friendship with Charles. During this period Charles had 2 close married female friends, Kanga and Camilla. He also had serious girlfriends.

Kanga was cut of of Charles's social circle by Diana after her engagement, according to Charles's former valet Stephen Barry in his memoirs Royal Service. Kanga asked him if he knew why they (the Tryons) were no longer invited to social occasions. Kanga was friends with Nigel Dempster who was the Daily Mail's society columnist and just before Diana and Charles's wedding in July 1981 rather sniffily told him that she would be hosting a soiree for friends at the restaurant Lorenzo since she hadn't been invited to the 'close friends and family' dinner at Buckingham Palace the night before the wedding. "Mrs Parker Bowles was holding her own soiree the same night at a different location"

By the mid 1980s there are a few photos of Charles, Diana and Kanga bumping into each other at a few events. But there wasn't a great deal of contact, by the 1990s Kanga was suffering from health problems, physical and mental. She gave interviews where she suggested that she and Charles were more than 'just friends' but by that stage she hadn't seen him in over 10 years.

From 1986 (year agreed on by both Charles and Diana when their marriage broke down and they started their affairs) Charles has only been involved with Camilla. Diana made the accusation that he was having a relationship with Tiggy Legge-Bourke, but Tiggy took legal action (it was a false accusation) and Diana backed down and was asked to apologise.

Quote:
Christopher Andersen's is far from a reliable writer!!!! He is one of the most unreliable and his books are absolute rubbish. He really has very little credibility as a royalty writer, only Kitty Kelley's reputation is worse. One of Andersen's books had the photoshopped picture of the Queen and Kate Middleton, supposedly meeting for the first time at Buckingham Palace. Only it was actually a picture of the Queen meeting Melinda Gates with Kate's face photoshopped over hers!! At the time the book was published Kate had not met the Queen. His latest book he states that the Queen will abdicate in favour of William and Kate after they are married. Rubbish, since the Queen had repeatedly said she's in the role for life and anyway the next in line is Charles, the Queen can't pick who comes next!

Janet Jenkin had a relationship with Charles in the 1970s, she has letters from Charles relating to that period, they have been offered up for auction. She's made a claim she had a one night stand with Charles in 1992 which may or may not be true. Charles didn't have a relationship with Kanga for 25 years, where does that number even come from!? His close friendship with Kanga lasted until his engagement to Diana, their friendship then fizzled out and by the late 1980s they had no contact at all.
Old 08-24-2011, 01:39 AM
Heir Apparent

I remember that when the Jenkins story first came out, there were suggestions that her son might have been a half-brother to Prince William. However, her son was never mentioned again in any allegations that she made about her relationship with Prince Charles or in any articles that I've come across about her.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlotte1 View Post
Janet Jenkin had a relationship with Charles in the 1970s, she has letters from Charles relating to that period, they have been offered up for auction.
Old 08-24-2011, 12:50 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daria_S View Post

As for these women talking about their intimate relationships with the Prince of Wales, I guess they just want their own fifteen seconds/minutes of fame. However, it is rather disrespectful on their part.
They don't all talk about Charles.
I don't believe Jane Wellesley, Susan George, or Sabrina Guinness ever said anything, and I know there are others who kept quiet.

I think it's more than just fame; some of them who are talking about it may need the money.
Old 08-27-2011, 04:22 PM
Aristocracy

As disrespectful as these (true?) revelations are to Prince Charles, they do make one appreciate the quiet dignity of Camilla.

But Charles is the Prince of Wales, so I would expect that there are a number of women in his past. For those who are talking, they will receive their money and their 15 minutes of fame (I don't imagine that the interest in their story will last much longer than that).
Old 08-28-2011, 10:12 PM
Heir Presumptive

I recall hearing that one of the reasons Camilla was actually accepted by the royal circle is because of her discretion. Even when it all hit the fan in the early 90s she still never talked and kept her secrets about Charles her own.
Jaqueline Bouvier Kennedy, September 12, 1953
Countess Stephanie of Belgium October 20, 2012
Old 08-28-2011, 10:35 PM
Heir Presumptive

She was probably accepted because there was no choice. The Prince of Wales made his choice a long time ago and there simply was nothing that could change that. Camilla is now married to the heir to the throne and if all goes well will some day be the queen.

Tags
dale tryon, kanga, prince charles, prince of wales, relationships, sue townsend