The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 10-14-2008, 02:04 PM
Heir Apparent

Actually I would say that it is a continuation of the yesterday's discussion. I was kindly informed that the articles and blog comments in question were not reliable. So I have decided to ask Jo of Palatine to provide reliable sources of information about Lady Tryon. I do not think that I am requesting anything illegal.

Old 10-14-2008, 02:07 PM
Heir Apparent

Oh I saw that. I was following it yesterday. I just think the media is making a mountain out of a mole hill as they haven't any fresh Royal Scandal to report on. . .

Old 10-14-2008, 02:56 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by pamk View Post
Remember the incident on the Royal Train when Charles and Diana were dating?
The train was parked overnight on a side track and in the early morning hours "a blonde" was seen leaving the train? The press said that it was Diana - there was horrible row with Diana's mother getting involved to uphold her daughter's honor. Evidently, the "blonde" was Camilla, but who can say?
And to this day nobody can say who it was, although I do recall reading an article saying that it had been Diana after all.
Quote:
From a distance "a blonde" who is is sneaking around in early morning darkness can be misidentified.
Not when the price of the photo relys on it I would have thought. One wonders about the truth of the incident, no reporter worth his salt goes anywhere without a photographer.
Quote:
A Kanga dress was very distinctive and the wearing of a Kanga dress by Diana (who was not a fool) and wearing it in a public place where it was bound to be photographed meant that she didn't banish Kanga. The press followed Diana slavishly when it came to fashion. The public knew the designer of every piece of clothing she wore. In her day, Diana's fashions carried great significence.
I am well aware of what a Kanga dress looked liked, but still fail to see any significance, it was a dress that had been purchased and the messsage could have been, 'I can buy and sell you any day'!.
Quote:
I didn't write the story of the interview. If the reporter was fooled by Kanga, then good for her to pull one over on the press.
But, Kanga and her husband were very much in the Highgrove circle and very close to Prince Charles.
They were part of the Highgrove set, but after a time, Were is the operative word. Dale distanced herself from everyone, it wasn't a case of they fell out with her, she ignored them.
Quote:
Prince Charles' cheating with Camilla on Diana probably made Kanga feel that he was cheating on her, too. Two alligned broken hearts. An odd sort of friendship maybe formed from this.
Very tragic scenario but as we have no idea when Charles and Camilla finally got back together, unlikely. We only have Dale's belief that she and Diana were 'close', after all Diana accused the Highgrove set, Charles' friends of being against her from the start. Two alligned broken hearts, I don't think so!
Old 10-14-2008, 02:58 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Al_bina View Post
I wonder what are the reliable sources that may give us, let us say, a reasonably impartial depiction of the situation surrounding Lady Tryon. The sources available in the Internet are viewed as delusional because authours had a self-serving motives. Depending on which side of this sad story a particular author choose to believe, books about Prince Charles are likely to have a certain bias either for or against Lady Tryon. Even if Lady Tryon happened to leave some DVD telling her own story, her words are likely to be labeled as delusional, becase she was regarded as mentally unstable and, thus, lost her credibility. So what are the reilable sources ..?
I should think her daughter knew best.
Old 10-14-2008, 03:08 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
... hurt Price Charles in what way exactly? Can Prince Charles be really hurt by ghosts of his past? After all, Lady Tryon was regarded as mentally unstable. Thus, Prince Charles can not be responsible for Lady Tryon's erratic actions.
Going back to reliable sources ... If there are no such sources, this means that all publications (articles, blogs, books) can have a grain of truth in them. Would it be incorrect to label any of these sources as inaccurate/delusional?
Blogs are written by ordinary people who have an interest, therefore their bias is likely to prevail, they will choose to repeat facts or gossip that supports their view. Many blogs are written by people that have/had no knowledge of the person or event, just fertile imaginations. If I wrote a blog, it would be biased in favour of Charles, if you wrote one, I presume it would be biased against. Therefore it depends on the author, whether it is a book, article or blog, each has a bias, but many will include snippets that are based solely on gossip. If the reader takes the time to investigate the cold hard facts, the story normally shows itself as bogus or misinterpreted.
Old 10-14-2008, 03:11 PM
Heir Apparent

I would agree that Lady Tryon's daughter may be privy to a relatively accurate side of this complicated story. A more definite wording can not used as there are no reliable sources of information regarding this topic.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skydragon View Post
Blogs are written by ordinary people who have an interest, therefore their bias is likely to prevail, they will choose to repeat facts or gossip that supports their view. Many blogs are written by people that have/had no knowledge of the person or event, just fertile imaginations. If I wrote a blog, it would be biased in favour of Charles, if you wrote one, I presume it would be biased against. Therefore it depends on the author, whether it is a book, article or blog, each has a bias, but many will include snippets that are based solely on gossip. If the reader takes the time to investigate the cold hard facts, the story normally shows itself as bogus or misinterpreted.
[my bolding]
I have stated more or less the same in my post #50. Depending on inner motives, Any person including the living participants and outsiders (e.g., journalists or bloggers) will be biased. Why should we expect impartiality?
Old 10-14-2008, 03:29 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
I would agree that Lady Tryon's daughter may be privy to a relatively accurate side of this complicated story. A more definite wording can not used as there are no reliable sources of information regarding this topic.
I'm afraid that if you are unwilling to believe someone as close to Dale as her daughter, there really would be little point in asking you to research sources, other than blogs and selective books
Quote:
Depending on inner motives, Any person including the living participants and outsiders (e.g., journalists or bloggers) will be biased. Why should we expect impartiality?
Bloggers certainly cannot be considered impartial. they are only telling any story as they see it. Therefore two people with a different believe, attending the same event will come away with two different views. But we can look at the facts available to come to our own conclusion about the accuracy of any stories.
Old 10-14-2008, 03:37 PM
Heir Apparent

The daughter can also be viewed as a biased source. Depending on her personal motives, she can provide us with her personal subjective opinion on Lady Tryon's actions that can be perceived as inaccurate by other living participants or observers of the events in question. At the same time, I am inclined to fully agree with you that "But we can look at the facts available to come to our own conclusion about the accuracy of any stories". Of course, I can be wrong in assumptions.
Old 10-14-2008, 05:56 PM
Heir Apparent
TRF Author

Wouldn't it be funny if it had actually turned out to be just a blond secretary on the train?

Seriously, Camilla, Kanga, and Diana, though all blond, look nothing alike. In my opinion, no one who is willing to tell got close enough to identify who it was, therefore, we have all these speculations.
"One thing we can do is make the choice to view the world in a healthy way. We can choose to see the world as safe with only moments of danger rather than seeing the world as dangerous with only moments of safety."
-- Deepak Chopra
Old 10-14-2008, 05:59 PM
Heir Apparent

Here's a good opportunity for some industrious soul to post pics of all three at that time next to each other!
Old 10-14-2008, 06:27 PM
Imperial Majesty

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by ysbel View Post
Wouldn't it be funny if it had actually turned out to be just a blond secretary on the train?.
Now you are just causing trouble, throwing another woman, (who probably had her heart broken), into the pot!
Old 10-14-2008, 06:34 PM
Heir Apparent
TRF Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skydragon View Post
Now you are just causing trouble, throwing another woman, (who probably had her heart broken), into the pot!
Well I was thinking of the kind of secretary that sticks to her work and takes dictation but you never know what people will come up with.

You have to admit that if it was a female staff member just doing their job, the whole controversy is pretty ludicrous.
"One thing we can do is make the choice to view the world in a healthy way. We can choose to see the world as safe with only moments of danger rather than seeing the world as dangerous with only moments of safety."
-- Deepak Chopra
Old 10-26-2008, 08:20 AM
Royal Highness

An article about the life of Lady Tryon.

Royal affair killed &squo;Kanga&squo; | Herald Sun
Old 10-26-2008, 09:50 AM
Imperial Majesty

It is just a reprint of the article that he wrote for the Mail.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sirhon11234 View Post
Old 11-01-2008, 05:21 PM
Heir Apparent

Yes, something along the lines of "the enemy of my enemy is my friend."

Quote:
Originally Posted by pamk View Post
Prince Charles' cheating with Camilla on Diana probably made Kanga feel that he was cheating on her, too. Two alligned broken hearts. An odd sort of friendship maybe formed from this.
Old 11-03-2008, 12:15 PM
Imperial Majesty

I believe there is a programme on this week in the UK, entitled High Society, Charles' other mistress. It's based on Christopher Wilsons' work, the same chap that wrote the article for The Mail.
Old 11-03-2008, 12:30 PM
Heir Presumptive

I hope we get it here. Probably in about two years´ time. oh well.
Old 11-03-2008, 12:46 PM
Heir Apparent

We'll likely get it next year, but we don't have a cable hook-up. I'll just have to read what's in the papers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Menarue View Post
I hope we get it here. Probably in about two years´ time. oh well.
Old 11-05-2008, 04:57 AM
Heir Apparent

Did anybody watch the documentary on Kanga last night on channel4 entitled The Prince's other mistress?
Old 11-05-2008, 05:33 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by muriel View Post
Did anybody watch the documentary on Kanga last night on channel4 entitled The Prince's other mistress?
I wish I had, was it interesting?

Tags
dale tryon, kanga, prince charles, prince of wales, relationships, sue townsend