The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 05-10-2008, 11:06 AM

BellaFay and Polly, thanks for the info. Polly, it's so sad about Lady Tryon. But it does seem like her family stuck by her. If she did have bipolar disorder, I know from personal experience that is one of the hardest things to cope with in a family member. So her family has been through the mill, but also must have lots of happy memories from before her illness.

About Lucia, she is very interesting. Didn't she marry a Brazilian ambassador, and during Diana's last five or so years, they were friends too?

Old 05-10-2008, 11:23 AM
Courtier

Thanks for the information,everyone. I have read similar news from Australian press about Kanga last year or so. Her brother clarified the facts of Kanga's life just as what Polly has described.

By the way, I think Charles' Lucia and Diana's Lucia are two different people. Lucia Santa Cruz is from a Chile and she married a Chilean diplomat. Diana's Lucia is from Brazil. However many people do seem to mix up these two people.

Old 05-16-2008, 02:48 AM
Aristocracy

Thanks for clearing that up ! I too was confused about the Lucias and always meant to do some sleuthing and find out

Ah reading the newspaper report I see that she had spina bifida .I knew I'd read something but thought it was scoliosis. She probably had chronic pain as a result which would not have helped either. So sad that some-one so vibrant died so young
Old 05-16-2008, 07:03 PM
Heir Apparent

Spina bifida is when your spine doesn't connect to your pelvis. I know because I was diagnosed it with not too long ago. But lucky for me, it's not that bad and easily lived with. Poor Kanga! I always wondered what happened to her. She was such a support to PC.
Old 10-11-2008, 01:39 PM
Heir Presumptive

The lonely death of Charles's other mistress | Mail Online
Old 10-11-2008, 02:22 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirhon11234 View Post
Ahh, I wondered what the Mail would print this week, although this is beyond pathetic, although it may work on the sheep -
Quote:
the once cuddly, lovable, gorgeous Lady Tryon went to her lonely death: not a queen, no longer even married to a peer, and homeless. Loving Prince Charles broke her heart and - in the end - cracked her mind
Old 10-12-2008, 06:08 AM
Royal Highness

Another victim of heartless Charles... what story will we expect next time to show the bad character of the Prince and the Duchess?
Old 10-12-2008, 06:19 AM
Heir Presumptive

You forgot the part where it said that Camilla and she detested each other.
I had posted this in the Royal genealogy wondering if we could have had a Queen Kanga!
Old 10-12-2008, 01:02 PM
Royal Highness

I mentioned it here some time ago: Gyles Brandreth has written in his ´Charles & Camilla ´ book ( a serious, accepted source) that Lady Tryon was a girl friend of Charles in the early seventies, in the eighties some reporters said that they had an affair again, but it was only another rumour and not true, says Brandreth.

So this story of ´broken heart´ and ´another mistress´ as a rival for Camilla seems to be one of these stories only fit for the ´Mail´ - nothing else.
Old 10-12-2008, 04:10 PM
Imperial Majesty

I've deleted the rest of the increasingly sharp exchange that had already been partly deleted by one of the participants in the discussion.

This could have been an interesting discussion if people weren't so intent on taking sides and refusing to entertain the possibility that the other side was even 5% right about things. To say nothing of the way things started to get personal. This is really getting very tiresome for the moderators and for the other members who are trying to work around the pitched battles. I realise that these Mail articles have a great deal of bias; that doesn't mean the discussions of the articles have to continue the same sort of black-and-white blame game. I hope we're better than that.

If the members whose posts were deleted would like to have another go at their discussion, bearing in mind that tolerance and thoughtfulness are more acceptable than fervent attack and defence, feel free.

Elspeth
British Royals moderator
Old 10-12-2008, 06:42 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elspeth View Post
This could have been an interesting discussion if people weren't so intent on taking sides and refusing to entertain the possibility that the other side was even 5% right about things.
Yes it could, but it is rather difficult to accept that Charles was to blame for Kanga's illness and as a result should have looked after her. What was the poor chap to do, return to every ex girlfriend if and when they became ill?
Once they split up, most people get on with their lives, that is just what Charles did and IMO, he can't be held to account because an ex, some years later becomes mentally ill!
Old 10-12-2008, 10:46 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skydragon View Post
Yes it could, but it is rather difficult to accept that Charles was to blame for Kanga's illness and as a result should have looked after her. What was the poor chap to do, return to every ex girlfriend if and when they became ill?
Once they split up, most people get on with their lives, that is just what Charles did and IMO, he can't be held to account because an ex, some years later becomes mentally ill!
I certainly agree with you! What a weird world this would be if people were expected to keep track of and care for, years later, everyone they ever had relations with -- makes my head spin!
Old 10-13-2008, 11:33 AM
Heir Apparent

I have found the following article and blog interesting as they may give you an general idea about Lady Tryon.
KANGA: MY OWN STORY | Sunday Mirror | Find Articles at BNET
why are they famous? lady dale tryon | Independent, The (London) | Find Articles at BNET
KangaRue
Old 10-13-2008, 12:00 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Al_bina View Post
I have found the following article and blog interesting as they give you an idea about Lady Tryon.
KANGA: MY OWN STORY | Sunday Mirror | Find Articles at BNET
KangaRue
Not a very reliable idea, though....
'To dare is to lose one step for but a moment, not to dare is to lose oneself forever' - Crown Prince Frederick of Denmark in a letter to Miss Mary Donaldson as stated by them on their official engagement interview.
Old 10-13-2008, 12:18 PM
Heir Apparent

I just find them interesting to read. I have posted the above links as they correspond with the thread's topic. Nothing else.
Old 10-13-2008, 02:25 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Al_bina View Post
I just find them interesting to read. I have posted the above links as they correspond with the thread's topic. Nothing else.
Yes, but you said that they give us "an idea about Kanga" and I don't think this idea is very reliable.
'To dare is to lose one step for but a moment, not to dare is to lose oneself forever' - Crown Prince Frederick of Denmark in a letter to Miss Mary Donaldson as stated by them on their official engagement interview.
Old 10-13-2008, 02:56 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jo of Palatine View Post
Yes, but you said that they give us "an idea about Kanga" and I don't think this idea is very reliable.
This was supposed to be a meeting with Kanga. If we assume one's perception of things is one's reality, this is how Kanga saw things and events. How more reliable can it be?
Old 10-13-2008, 03:02 PM
Heir Apparent

I always thought that the word "give smb an idea" means " give smb general information on smth/smb". It does not necessarily mean accurate and reliable. It is up to a partcular individual to decide whether he/she consider the above articles to be reliable. Perhaps, people can further their own research. Do they above article and blog posts allow people to have an understanding about Lady Tryon? Yes.
The
original post has been modified in order to placate you.
Old 10-13-2008, 03:39 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Odette View Post
This was supposed to be a meeting with Kanga. If we assume one's perception of things is one's reality, this is how Kanga saw things and events. How more reliable can it be?
But it wasn't Kanga who wrote the article andif I understood correctly, she was already dead when the article was published. I doubt her family would have been interested in taking steps against such an article, so why should the author bother with corectness when instead a quite sauce piece could be published?
Old 10-13-2008, 04:03 PM
Imperial Majesty

Whoever wrote the article sounds delusional - take this for instance
Quote:
Clearly the Royal Family are devoted to her,
Really, I see no proof of this either in the article or in real life. or this
Quote:
who says she is the only woman who truly understands him
Really, again if you do not see/know the man, how can this be so? Charles also seems not to agree.
Quote:
she still adores the Prince and believes that he feels the same way about her
As I said, she sounds delusional, perhaps they should have committed her after all.

Tags
dale tryon, kanga, prince charles, prince of wales, relationships, sue townsend