The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 08-21-2006, 04:02 PM
Courtier

There are british people do not support him not being with Camilla ,while they are others who do support their marrige it is 50/50. That is nice that he found someone he truly loves but no matter what there will always be a scandal other both of their hands and even tho Prince William and Prince Harry supports their father and his marriage to Camilla the british will still divide. and some people still want her to be Princess Consort while others want her to be Queen. Yes she is officially The Princess Of Wales meaning she will be Queen and I know that.

Old 08-21-2006, 04:20 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Next Star
There are british people do not support him not being with Camilla ,while they are others who do support their marrige it is 50/50.
Well you can say that it is 50/50, but where did you read this, is there some source for this? It can as well be 80/20 or 20/80. Most British people I know really like Camilla for the fact she makes Charles happy again and I think that's all that matters. And next to that, the rules are just as they are so even if almost 100% of British population was against Camilla being Queen I don't think they would be consulted in this case.

I think we're going round in circles here, to be honest. I liked the start of this thread a whole lot better...

Old 08-21-2006, 04:46 PM
Courtier

That is nice that Prince Charles is happy being with Camilla but their will always be a issue on what title she will hold Queen Or Princess Consort when he is crowned King and it is true the percentage can differ from time to time but that is fact that will not change.
Old 08-21-2006, 04:52 PM
Heir Apparent

There is no issue. Camilla is the wife of the future King and when Prince Charles becomes King, she will automatically be Queen. She can't be deprived of the title unless the Parlament (of the UK and Countries of Commonwealth) changes the law. And that is most unlikely. Or better say impossible.
Queen Elizabeth: "I cannot lead you into battle, I do not give you laws or administer justice but I can do something else, I can give you my heart and my devotion to these old islands and to all the peoples of our brotherhood of nations." God, Save The Queen!
Old 08-21-2006, 05:13 PM
Courtier

I know that the law has to be changed thanks for remainig me again Avalon but I disagree with you things change everyday and if the goverment chooses to change the law then that will happen.But until then Camilla will be The Future Queen.
Old 08-21-2006, 05:16 PM

You seem to be repeating your point as if it somehow alters things. Things change everyday but the Government won't change thousands of years of tradition for a woman who in all honesty will probably only be Queen for 10-20 years to appease fans of a dead ex. The Government has better things to do.
Old 08-21-2006, 05:32 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avalon
There is no issue.
Thank you, Avalon. That was just my point. So can we now please get on to something which gives us another new interesting point of view about what will happen when Charles becomes king? If they'll change the law we will see it by then. There's no point in repeating this over and over again, is there?
Old 08-21-2006, 05:45 PM
Administrator

Quote:
I know that the law has to be changed thanks for remainig me again Avalon but I disagree with you things change everyday and if the goverment chooses to change the law then that will happen.But until then Camilla will be The Future Queen.
I think that is the point everyone is making. So I am not sure what your argument is. When Charles becomes King, Camilla will be Queen. Now whether she calls herself that or not is something else. But that time hasn't come. In regards to the law, it has been acknowledged that to officially call her Princess Consort, legislation needs to be passed. That legislation hasn't been submitted. Nor is it likely to.
Old 08-21-2006, 05:47 PM
Courtier

We truly don't know how long l Camilla will be Queen or if the government will change the law. And that's that.
Old 08-21-2006, 06:02 PM
Commoner

There isn't an issue. Camilla will be Queen. There is no plan in the works to make a law to change her title to Princess Consort (when Charles is King)? Next you'll be saying she will be the Crown Queen (from the Princess Diaries 2 movie).

Quote:
That is nice that Prince Charles is happy being with Camilla but their will always be a issue on what title she will hold Queen Or Princess Consort when he is crowned King and it is true the percentage can differ from time to time but that is fact that will not change.
Old 08-21-2006, 06:07 PM
Heir Apparent

And back to topic then.
In this article, about the possivle multi-faith coronation of Prince Charles, they mention the possibility (however small) that the next King:
Quote:
should be instituted "not by a coronation but by an inauguration or installation".
What exactly is that suppose to mean, anyone knows?
Queen Elizabeth: "I cannot lead you into battle, I do not give you laws or administer justice but I can do something else, I can give you my heart and my devotion to these old islands and to all the peoples of our brotherhood of nations." God, Save The Queen!
Old 08-21-2006, 06:13 PM

It's a lovely hippy politically correct way of saying that thousands of years of glorious tradition should be scrapped because we now have a few buddhists living here.
Old 08-21-2006, 06:13 PM
Commoner

Sounds more like a swearing in of a President than a Monarch. But some monarchs do not have Coronations.
Old 08-21-2006, 06:17 PM
Courtier

This is a good website to see what other royals do. It goes from Grand Duke Jean enthronement in Luxembourg, Margarthe of Denmark, Carl Gustav of Sweden, Juan Carlos of Spain, Beatrix of the Netherlands, Hans Adam of Liechtenstein, Harald of Norway, Albert of Belgium and ends with Henri of Luxembourg. http://www.angelfire.com/vt/luxenthronement/

The sister site shows what a cornation is like for Queen Elizabeth II also covers the death of George VI http://www.angelfire.com/realm2/coronation/

You can see the comparisions between the two kinds of ceremonies. Great Britian is the only European country to still have a coranation (....well I guess that is up in the air to)
Old 08-21-2006, 06:41 PM
Courtier

We are not talking about a movie. We are talking about Prince Charles being King And Camilla being Queen. I hope that Queen Elizabeth II reigns for a long time and that will hold off Camilla from being Queen. And where did this Princess Diaries 2 thing come from ? These people are not actors but real life royals. And the law being changed is just another choice.
Old 08-21-2006, 06:44 PM
Imperial Majesty

OK, now we've established that Camilla will be Queen if Charles becomes King and Parliament doesn't pass any laws to change her status, perhaps we could move on?

Elspeth

British Royals moderator
Old 08-21-2006, 06:49 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oppie
This is a good website to see what other royals do. It goes from Grand Duke Jean enthronement in Luxembourg, Margarthe of Denmark, Carl Gustav of Sweden, Juan Carlos of Spain, Beatrix of the Netherlands, Hans Adam of Liechtenstein, Harald of Norway, Albert of Belgium and ends with Henri of Luxembourg. http://www.angelfire.com/vt/luxenthronement/

The sister site shows what a cornation is like for Queen Elizabeth II also covers the death of George VI http://www.angelfire.com/realm2/coronation/

You can see the comparisions between the two kinds of ceremonies. Great Britian is the only European country to still have a coranation (....well I guess that is up in the air to)
Thank you for these interesting links, Oppie! I think it's such a pity that they toned down the coronation ceremony in so many countries. I surely do hope that the British will stick to their traditions...
Old 08-21-2006, 06:52 PM
Administrator

Yes, Oppie what a great link. I think when it comes down to it...Charles will end up keeping a lot of traditions. I love the Trooping of the Colour and I can only imagine what a cornation would be like.
Old 08-21-2006, 07:07 PM
Heir Apparent

I will be very sorry if the coronation ceremony is abolished in England. Apart from being a very beautiful and regal ceremony, it's also part of centuries-old tradition, most important part. I simply can't imagine a Coronation of a British Monarch without Coronation Ceremony.
And thank you very much for the great link Oppie!
Old 08-21-2006, 07:16 PM
Courtier

Those crowns that Prince Charles and Camilla will wear as King and Queen are beautiful but there heavy you know thier heads wiil be hurting.

Tags
accession, camilla, coronation, duchess of cornwall, prince charles, prince of wales, styles and titles