The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 07-02-2009, 01:44 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

I would just like to say a belated anniversary to the Prince for yesterday.
And I really really hope The Earl of Snowdon will make it to the 50th anniversary because he deserves to see the celebration after the effort he put in to organise the event.

Charles is a wonderful prince, and a wonderful man. William will have alot to live up to.

Old 07-02-2009, 11:19 PM
Courtier

You're right, lumutqueen. I wonder if there will be an investiture for William if circumstances allow, or if he will just be given the title?

Old 07-03-2009, 06:11 AM
Courtier

I believe Prince William will still have an investiture; however it is doubtful that his investiture is going to be a grand occasion like his father's. And it will probably be amid more protests and controversies than ever.

I also agree with lumutqueen and RoyalistRiley that William has a lot to live up to; Prince Charles was certainly a very efficient and hard-working Prince of Wales. Sadly, his eldest son doesn't seem to be all that interested in Royal duties, as long as there is a chance of spending a night in the club or party. For the sake of British Monarchy, I hope he will try to do more as soon as possible because from what I’ve seen and heard, the British people aren’t exactly too happy for the younger generation of ‘partying Princes and Princesses’.
Old 07-03-2009, 11:48 AM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marsel View Post
...the British people aren’t exactly too happy for the younger generation of ‘partying Princes and Princesses’.
No we certainly aren't happy with a generation of party royals. William, Harry, Beatrice and Eugenie need to realise that there future will be hard no matter whefre they are. They need to start getting there act together.
And Marsel, I believe that Charles still is a very efficient and hard-working Prince of Wales don't you agree?

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoyalistRiley View Post
You're right, lumutqueen. I wonder if there will be an investiture for William if circumstances allow, or if he will just be given the title?
It is quite probably that William will have an investiture but as Marsel said, it might not be as grand and it will be amid more protests than there were last time.
Old 07-04-2009, 04:32 AM
Imperial Majesty

We will have to see if the Welsh are willing to accept another Prince of Wales at all, possibly in another 30-50 years time. I very much doubt it.
---------------------end of reply
Frozen out by Buckingham Palace after he proved rather too forthcoming about his private life and that of his former wife, Princess Margaret, in Anne de Courcy's biography of him last year, the Earl of Snowdon looks unlikely to rehabilitate himself with the Royal family in tonight's Timewatch on BBC Two, which recalls the Prince of Wales's Investiture 40 years ago.

Earl of Snowdon attacks Prince Charles's 'bogus' Investiture - Telegraph
Old 07-04-2009, 05:15 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by lumutqueen View Post
No we certainly aren't happy with a generation of party royals. William, Harry, Beatrice and Eugenie need to realise that there future will be hard no matter whefre they are. They need to start getting there act together.
I completely agree.
I understand they are young and want to enjoy their lives. However, they are also Royals; the styles and titles come with responsibility. I must admit, my idea of a Royal doesn't exactly correspond with an image of a drunken young man falling out of a nightclub.

Quote:
And Marsel, I believe that Charles still is a very efficient and hard-working Prince of Wales don't you agree? <>
And again, we are of one opinion.
Prince Charles has been and still is an exemplary Prince of Wales; in fact, I think it will be extremely hard for any future Prince of Wales to surpass his achievements.
Old 07-04-2009, 02:03 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skydragon View Post
Frozen out by Buckingham Palace after he proved rather too forthcoming about his private life and that of his former wife, Princess Margaret, in Anne de Courcy's biography of him last year, the Earl of Snowdon looks unlikely to rehabilitate himself with the Royal family in tonight's Timewatch on BBC Two, which recalls the Prince of Wales's Investiture 40 years ago.

Earl of Snowdon attacks Prince Charles's 'bogus' Investiture - Telegraph
Well I don't know what to make of that article to be honest.

Quote:
I completely agree.
I understand they are young and want to enjoy their lives. However, they are also Royals; the styles and titles come with responsibility. I must admit, my idea of a Royal doesn't exactly correspond with an image of a drunken young man falling out of a nightclub.
Indeed. What Harry has done in the past will haunt him forever, he needs to start carving out a new image, a more responsible one. Beatrice and Euegenie do aswell, I understand they are at University now and the don't do alot of royal work but they can still scale back the parties and late nights out and certainly the risky fashion decisions sometimes. I know it's not likely but Beatrice could one day be Queen. As for William I think he needs to decide what he's going to do in his life, both royally and personally.
Old 07-06-2009, 04:18 PM
Imperial Majesty

Like all good do’s, the investiture of Prince Charles went off with a bang. Twenty-two bangs, in fact – one more than expected

TV review: The Prince and the Plotter
Old 07-06-2009, 05:14 PM
Nobility

princes william and harry

Quote:
Sadly, his eldest son doesn't seem to be all that interested in Royal duties, as long as there is a chance of spending a night in the club or party.
marsel, i think you may be getting confused here, as i have seen more bad press concerning prince harry regarding such matters than prince william.

yets face it why shouldnt the princes let off steam from time to time and enjoy life whilst young, as in later years (esp william, he will be monarch) both will would find it a bit difficult to do so with all the duty etc involved of being senior royals !!. besides which both are only doing what youngters are doing on a friday/ saturday nights up and down the land !!.

and its nothing new is it. just look at the lifestyles of the sons of king george V, whilst young all loved the high life - night clubs, drink, drugs, women (and men it is said).

no in comparsion princes william and harry are s when it comes to the antics of the sons of the king.

i think on the whole we brits are happy with the princes and what duties and charitable work they both do !!!. ok on odd occasions they slip up and make mistakes along the way, well they wouldnt be human otherwise !!.

and considering what has happened throughout thier lives- the public breakdown of charles and diana. the death of diana and its aftermath etc. it is a wonder if they have not turned out worse then they have.
yes both are a credit to themselves, the royal family and the country.

my best regards jonny.

ps. however i do feel that this discussion of "the party royals" is slightly off topic - which is the investiture of the prince of wales !!!!
Old 04-30-2011, 08:07 AM
Majesty

has there been a wife to a prince when he gets Investiture as Prince of Wales
if so e´were there any kind of role for her in such Investiture
Old 04-30-2011, 08:27 AM
Majesty

As most Princes of Wales haven't actually had this sort of investiture the answer is no.
Edward VIII was only about 17 when invested and Charles nearly 21.

Previously they didn't have ceremonies like this at all but the holder was presented to the House of Lords when they reached about 21. George V was already a member of that house when he became Duke of Cornwall and later Prince of Wales so no more ceremony attached at all. Edward VII turned 21 the year after his father's death so no ceremony at other than taking his seat in the House of Lords. George IV also had no ceremony other than being presented to the House of Lords as Duke of Cornwall.

It was more a 20th C thing and therefore only two actual investitures. It isn't necessary as the LPs are all that are needed (and Charles' were issued in 1958 - 11 years before his investiture).
Old 08-16-2011, 05:47 AM
Heir Apparent

Yes, it was watched the world over, and I watched it on TV, but the majority of Welsh people were never keen on the whole thing.

Luckily, Wales now has a devolved Government.
Old 01-17-2012, 02:03 AM
Commoner

Thank you for the adorable pix! Charles was as cute as the Beatles!
Old 04-04-2013, 03:03 PM
Administrator

Part 3 of the 4-part 1994 documentary series "The Windsors: A Royal Family" contains a relatively lengthy section on the Investiture of the Prince of Wales. The colour film used at the time has held up well.

It begins at around the 47 minute mark.

Old 09-20-2013, 10:43 PM
Aristocracy

That day was one of his finest moments. Ever
Old 04-18-2014, 02:52 PM
Majesty

The Prince of Wales’s investiture chair returns home after long journey-
The Prince of Wales’s investiture chair returns home after long journey | Royal Central

Dr. Maya Angelou
Old 04-18-2014, 02:58 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dman View Post
The Prince of Wales’s investiture chair returns home after long journey-
The Prince of Wales’s investiture chair returns home after long journey | Royal Central
Interesting. Doesanyone know where the "Throne" used by HMQ is? Is it still at Caernarfon?

You can see the back of it in this picture. Made of Welsh stone I think

http://news.bbcimg.co.uk/media/image...arfon_1969.jpg

Tags
caernarvon, investiture, prince charles, prince of wales