The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 06-18-2017, 03:46 AM
Courtier

As Charles himself would say "Quite!"

For people who do (or did), letters are (or were!) something of a personal nature, from writer to receiver. By and large few sat down to pen their annoyance or disappointment regarding the world at large or some particular aspect of it. Charles very obviously did, but would have expected to have those penned thoughts kept private by the receiver.

They were always going to fall into other hands, if not got rid of by the owner.

Old 06-24-2017, 06:15 PM
Majesty

'Some things change… but state functions will always bore Charles’: Hilarious photos taken 64 years apart suggest the Prince has a VERY limited attention span

Old 06-24-2017, 07:24 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by eya View Post
'Some things change… but state functions will always bore Charles’: Hilarious photos taken 64 years apart suggest the Prince has a VERY limited attention span

Silly article... oh wait that's the DM, now i understand.
Old 06-24-2017, 07:58 PM
Heir Apparent

1. I haven't and will not read that crap of an article.

2. I see that some people on this forum still refers to that so-called newspaper as the Daily Mail, but that's wrong, its the Daily Fail or the Daily Lying.
Old 06-24-2017, 08:05 PM
Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by ROYAL NORWAY View Post
1. I haven't and will not read that crap of an article.

2. I see that some people on this forum still refers to that so-called newspaper as the Daily Mail, but that's wrong, its the Daily Fail or the Daily Lying.
We could even give new meaning to a word to describe the Fail. Daillying.

They've just not caught onto the fact that with their "sensational" headlines, its a red flag to just pass it all by. That's what I usually do.
Old 07-02-2017, 03:42 AM
Majesty

PRINCE Charles is to host a lavish party for 300 guests to celebrate wife Camilla’s 70th birthday.

Camilla to celebrate 70th birthday at lavish party planned by Prince Charles | Royal | News | Express.co.uk
Old 07-02-2017, 03:58 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
PRINCE Charles is to host a lavish party for 300 guests to celebrate wife Camilla’s 70th birthday.
Camilla to celebrate 70th birthday at lavish party planned by Prince Charles | Royal | News | Express.co.uk
Is the guest list reality or fantasy? It's pretty comprehensive, from The Queen and Philip to Harry bringing Meghan. Is this for real?
Old 07-02-2017, 12:47 PM
Aristocracy

No Prince Andrew on the speculative made-up pulled-out-of-thin-air guest list. The Express is being mischievous.
Old 07-02-2017, 12:59 PM
Royal Highness

I don't think there are quoting an actual guest list. They have suggested who may attend by simply looking at Camilla's other big birthday parties (it talks about her 50th and 60th parties which were similar) and who attended those. None of the names they suggest are any surprise at all IMO. The fact they haven't mentioned Andrew is an oversight; if the Queen and Philip have been invited I can't imagine Charles inviting all his family expect one sibling.
Old 07-02-2017, 01:02 PM
Heir Apparent

Thank you, All.

It would be fun to see Harry cum Meghan at the party, wouldn't it.
Old 07-02-2017, 01:21 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:

That paper lies more than the DF, and I don't trust any of the Tominey/Dampier sources.

Quote:
Once dubbed the “most hated woman in Britain” for her part in breaking up Charles’s first marriage, Camilla is now one of the most popular royals and is very much a “Queen in waiting”.
This is simply not true. I admire Camilla and thinks she deserves to be popular, but the thing is that she's not.
Old 07-02-2017, 02:08 PM
Majesty

The only thing that could be taken as gospel truth is the fact that Camilla is turning 70 this year and that Charles would do something to celebrate that.

One thing we do know is that whatever celebration happens, it won't be a surprise party. Charles has hosted a party for the major birthdays in the past so it would stand to reason that he'd do something for the 70th also. He isn't going to be running to the press with the guest list but it wouldn't be hard for the ever imaginative press to dream up who would be on it.

It is summer time and the rule of thumb is that its also the silly season where the royals wind down for their summer breaks and there's not much in the way of real information for the royal reporters to earn their paychecks on so they resort to taking a crumb of bread and making a three tiered cake out of it.
Old 07-02-2017, 02:45 PM
Aristocracy

^^ Or is it more like the reporters take a 'crumb of bread and make it into an inedible mud pie'? :-)
Next they'll have the stories about who snubbed and didn't attend the party. There really just seems to be one nonsense story after another, almost like there is no longer any care about the quality of work, just keep pushing the rubbish out and see what the minions believe.
Old 07-02-2017, 03:01 PM
Heir Apparent

The only people you can trust when it comes to the royals is the serious commentators/experts that consists of historians and former royal staffers who are not affiliated with the media.
Old 07-02-2017, 03:55 PM
Majesty

Maybe I'm not so informed on things as I thought I was. I don't go reading about any royals anywhere else but here and 95% of the time, I ignore the links and the videos. I just find it more pleasant to discuss things here and leave the media to doing what it does or doesn't do to other interested parties.

So I have a good source of information and discussion here in these threads and I have a wonderful supplier to feed my book addiction and to this old lady, that's the perfect balance.
Old 07-09-2017, 11:51 AM
Majesty

This is the favourite painting of Duchess of Cornwall

My favourite painting: The Duchess of Cornwall - Country Life
Old 07-11-2017, 12:54 PM
Royal Highness

Prince Charles will host a 300 guests birthday party for Camilla at Highrove.
The Cambridges and Prince Harry will be there ...

Old 07-15-2017, 09:35 PM
Majesty

Telegraph article on Camilla's birthday party.

William, Catherine and Harry attended

Highgrove party for a Duchess now firmly in people's hearts as 250 attend Camilla's 70th birthday*

(I hope you can read this but it is a subscription paper)

EDIT: This is from the Times

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/edition/n...s-do-r8hb5xg9n

This precious stone set in the silver sea,......
This blessed plot, this earth, this realm, this England,
Old 07-15-2017, 10:19 PM
Heir Apparent

If you register with the Telegraph, you can read 1 premium article for free each week
Old 07-15-2017, 10:34 PM
Royal Highness

I presume a nice official photo with all the family would have been seen, again, as a PR move against the "other" anniversary...