General News for The Prince of Wales and The Duchess of Cornwall 1: Feb 2015-Sep 2022

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
wellI Should hope that Charles remembers his ex wife and the mother of his children and that the boys remember her too. But I agree that since he has been divorced from her for a long tiem and shes' been sadly dead for many years, its a bit much if he can't give a party for Camilla without being accused of using it as PR against Diana.

Nice but Testino, as usual, is very generous with the airbrushing.

I've always admired Testino's work and he doesn't disappoint with this portrait of Charles and Camilla. Well done!

Camilla reveals the Charles that no-one knows: As a new portrait is released to mark the Duchess of Cornwall’s 70th birthday, she lifts the lid on palace life behind the scenes

Camilla reveals the Charles that no-one knows | Daily Mail Online

Nice idea but that portait has been photoshopped to no end!! Why not leave people as they are, Charles looks strange and Camilla without wrinkles.

I love Camilla's down to earth nature. Its always been reported that she sees things on the funny side of life and to read her words, I can see that this is an integral part of her makeup.

She's a woman that is comfortable in her own skin. She's "full fat" rather than trying to maintain an image of perfection physically and forges on ahead with what she needs to do and rather than moan about her lot, she makes the best of it and enjoys it. She is an inspiration for people like me that are fast approaching what is called "old". This has rubbed off on Charles too I think as I've never seen him happier than he has been since their marriage.

Think I'm going to go have me a "full fat" milkshake, wiggle my toes that are free from restraining shoes and sit back and enjoy a good book. (Something I'm never without. I usually have 3-4 books I'm reading simultaneously. I like variety.)

As far as the photo Testino shot. I don't think it would have mattered to Camilla one bit if it hadn't been touched up to eliminate the wrinkles. I would put Camilla at the top of the list of women who aren't vain about their appearance. I like that.

I love Camilla's down to earth nature. Its always been reported that she sees things on the funny side of life and to read her words, I can see that this is an integral part of her makeup.

She's a woman that is comfortable in her own skin. She's "full fat" rather than trying to maintain an image of perfection physically and forges on ahead with what she needs to do and rather than moan about her lot, she makes the best of it and enjoys it. She is an inspiration for people like me that are fast approaching what is called "old". This has rubbed off on Charles too I think as I've never seen him happier than he has been since their marriage.

Hmmm, okay then...

Rather than spending ages trying to write something about the Duchess of Cornwall, I'll just wait until someone says exactly what I think and quote it then! :flowers: (apart from the 'old' part, I'm 40 but refusing to think of myself as old yet :whistling: - even though I think 70 is by no ways old in this day and age)

Well said Osipi :D

Is Camilla wearing jeans?

I feel like this is something unprecedented...

(I also love it - this is a good look on her)

Ahhhh... now I can really identify with Camilla. Forever in blue jeans! :D

Love the relaxed pose.

What a lovely picture of the Duchess in that sporty jeans and stylish blazer!

What lovely and relaxed looking photos to mark the Duchess of Cornwalls 70th birthday.

Does this mean...

...that Camilla hangs out in jeans around Clarence House on a regular basis?
Does Charles wear them, also?
(Hope so!)

I have to admit its pretty easy to picture Charles out digging in the garden wearing a suit and tie and matching pocket swatch but I sincerely doubt he does. I would imagine theres a couple pairs of blue jeans in his wardrobe that may be well worn and comfortable by now.

Charles, though, has always impressed me as being impeccably well dressed while Camilla looks more at home in her jeans and comfort clothes. Neither one of them ever set out to start fashion trends but wear what they like.

From Clarence House

"Thank you for all the birthday wishes for HRH. To mark the occasion, we are releasing a second photo, taken in the garden of Clarence House."

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DE8g6B5XYAEwZMg.jpg

I love her style!!

Sorry to say that, but this whole "charming campaign" from Clarence House and part of the media on the occasion of Camilla's birthday is mostly annoying.

Sorry to say that, but this whole "charming campaign" from Clarence House and part of the media on the occasion of Camilla's birthday is mostly annoying.

Damned if they do damned if they don't isn't it ?
Strangely i enjoy it very much. Clarence House is doing its job : promoting one of the member of the BRF during a milestone anniversary (And Camilla deserves it, really).

And i enjoy very very much the cringes provoked by this campaign in some circles. Hey what did you expect ? Camilla indefinitely hidden somewhere with a potato sack on her head ? Thank God the BRF is at last promoting the current Crown princess of the UK and, probably, the futur Consort of King Charles. Frankly, it's quite low key, but apparantly even low key is already too much for some concerning Camilla...

Thankfully this forum is vast enough for everyone :flowers:

And again a happy birthday to the Duchess of Cornwall !

Cheers !

Last edited:
Both new photos of the Duchess are lovely.

As to the Photoshop comments, well Testino is a professional and he's always going to take a portrait in the best possible way, and rather than using Photoshop, i suspect he's just used very good lighting and taken a series of photos and chosen the best one. Portraits are meant to be different than candid snapshots. I thought she looked lovely and she can sure rock a choker!

What bit is annoying? Is it that her 70th is getting positive press coverage?

I very much enjoy reading about the Camilla v. Diana debate on here - so thanks to all of you for your posts.
I try not to take sides - I just about remember Diana's death, when I was too young to be interested in the Royals, and people I knew were watching the funeral in tears.
But times move on. Who knows what sort of a person Diana would have become, as time passed? Perhaps she would have been out there doing the rounds of women's refuges and shelters for abused women, showing empathy and warmth - I'm quite sure she would.
As it is, we have Camilla - whatever has gone before, she is a lady who while not seeming entirely comfortable in her position, is 'getting on with the job' in the good old-fashioned British way. She seems to make Prince Charles happy and content, and more importantly, she seems to be appreciated by those members of the public who in some small way, she may be able to make a difference to.
So lets keep the Diana v. Camilla debate going - but just now, I personally think Camilla is doing a wonderful job!

Our moderators ask that we don't do the Camilla vs. Diana debate though. It just usually adds up to a whole lot of strong opinions and the threads being closed. There are, however, separate threads to discuss Diana if she appeals to you.

All around, Camilla has been good for Charles and good for the monarchy. I see in her a strength similar to the Queen Mother staunchly supporting her Bertie in all things. They make a wonderful team together.

Is she not allowed to have a 70th birthday which is generally considered an important milestone and usually celebrated?

Actually I don't find it annoying one bit but find its rather a good thing that Camilla is getting more widespread positive coverage and recognition for the job that she does not only for the monarchy but as Charles' wife.

Then again, I identify with Camilla as in some respects, we're very much alike. I like her and think she's going to make an excellent Queen Consort (no matter what she is called).

Sorry but I was wanting William and Kate very disappointed

Its only right, IMO, for the future King and Queen of Australia to be the ones to represent the head of the Commonwealth at these games.

:previous:

Charles and Camilla going also continues the 'pattern' of recent Commonwealth Games: the Queen opened the 2006 Games in Melbourne, Charles opened the 2010 Games in New Delhi, the Queen opened the 2014 Games in Glasgow.

It definitely makes sense to me to have Charles - as the future King of Australia, and the likely future Head of the Commonwealth - attend the 2018 Games representing his mother (who at just shy of 92 is unlikely to make the trip).

I very much enjoy reading about the Camilla v. Diana debate on here - so thanks to all of you for your posts.
I try not to take sides - I just about remember Diana's death, when I was too young to be interested in the Royals, and people I knew were watching the funeral in tears.
But times move on. Who knows what sort of a person Diana would have become, as time passed? Perhaps she would have been out there doing the rounds of women's refuges and shelters for abused women, showing empathy and warmth - I'm quite sure she would.
As it is, we have Camilla - whatever has gone before, she is a lady who while not seeming entirely comfortable in her position, is 'getting on with the job' in the good old-fashioned British way. She seems to make Prince Charles happy and content, and more importantly, she seems to be appreciated by those members of the public who in some small way, she may be able to make a difference to.
So lets keep the Diana v. Camilla debate going - but just now, I personally think Camilla is doing a wonderful job!

Exellent post. Think you have summed up my thoughts completely! ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom