General News for The Prince of Wales and The Duchess of Cornwall 1: Feb 2015-Sep 2022

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Last edited:
I was somewhat suprised to discover this obvious deep friendhship between the POW and the former First lady. Very very nice.
Interesting to learn a bit more about the "other side" of the War of the Wales :a very sad and dark time for BOTH Charles and Diana.

I've said it on a previous thread .... who wants their private letters aired to the general public?!

Yes, there is a risk, if you are interesting enough for whatever reason in putting your thoughts & feelings down in pen and ink, but, particularly a few decades ago would have been done with the belief that they will remain personal. What would be the other option? Don't write letters?!

This is after all an era where the Matthews are or were taking legal action over their royalty attended wedding menus going public!

Hardly the same!

Those were the days when a First Lady still had some meaning indeed.

The comments on the DM are as usual all about Charles whining rather than seeing them for what they are - evidence of his love and pride in Diana as late as 1985.

What then went wrong for both of them to seek love outside the marriage in 1986 - is of course a discussion for another thread - but the Diana fanatics are still having their argument that Charles cheated on her from Day 1 despite all the evidence that wasn't the case - and that comes up on the comments over and over again.

The comments on the DM are as usual all about Charles whining rather than seeing them for what they are - evidence of his love and pride in Diana as late as 1985.

It's an example of how unrealistic and even fantastical the diehard-Diana-fans seem to be: in private letters we speak to our confidantes about our life. It is just so. :ermm: What else would it be? We have that right. But even I wondered if Charles would come in for another bashing because these private letters show him (days after his official separation was announced) mentioning the difficulties of the marriage (not in detail, even, just in general). And sure enough there are the comments. Charles remains discreet in a letter, and yet still comes in for a bashing.

These letters give me hope that one day all Charles' letters will come to light that detail what he experienced, because that is one side of the story we have never heard. It has only ever been Diana's spin that has dominated the legend of the Wales' marriage.

What is puzzling is that Diana's one long whine about Charles, about the BRF, about the BP 'grey men', you name it: former lovers, former friends, the list is large, all that was okay. That was Diana telling her story, being emotional, showing truth to the world. It is celebrated as a brave thing she did. Yet the same largesse does not apply to Charles. Why?

What then went wrong for both of them to seek love outside the marriage in 1986 - is of course a discussion for another thread - but the Diana fanatics are still having their argument that Charles cheated on her from Day 1 despite all the evidence that wasn't the case - and that comes up on the comments over and over again.

I have come to realize that this is the raison d'etre of the entire 'Diana thing'. I have puzzled over it and it's come to me. Diana knew she had to make Charles the culprit. She was in trouble: she had engaged in not just one long-standing affair (with James Hewitt) but was having several involvements. She was a future Queen. It was all coming out. She went on the offensive and devised a masterful stroke: the Morton book, in which she spun the deflection onto the BRF and Charles in particular. Rather than face the reality of exactly who this young woman was, it is 'easier' to justify her (pretty shocking) behavior and actions as being caused by Charles. Diana was an innocent. This is what it all hinges on.

Imagine for one moment if Kate Middleton was behaving in this manner. Just imagine if it came out that Kate was involved in a long-standing love affair, and worse, was having several serious flirtations. How would people greet that? And what if Kate rationalized her actions as being 'necessary' because she was so miserable being married to 'boring' William, and went on to hector the BRF and tell tales. How would that go over? Imagine if she went on to further implicate William in a love affair with an old girlfriend as an excuse for sleeping around? I think we know it wouldn't go over. Kate would be skewered alive. It suggests to me that the 'Diana thing' is rooted in something pretty obvious.

Last edited:
The "BP grey men" description was Sarah's not Diana.

Kate spent her young adulthood being the princess in waiting, no one else was going to come close! They appear to have a very happy married life with no formers lurking in the wings.

In the end Charles did indeed marry the "other woman" so not a Diana inspired fantasy.

Regardless of whomever is in the picture, what things do boil down to is that over his lifetime, Charles has always been an avid letter writer and still is. I can't imagine how many letters are out there that he's written to people.

However, I do think it is crass for someone to sell personal correspondence especially if the writer is still alive.

Regardless of whomever is in the picture, what things do boil down to is that over his lifetime, Charles has always been an avid letter writer and still is. I can't imagine how many letters are out there that he's written to people.

However, I do think it is crass for someone to sell personal correspondence especially if the writer is still alive.

Almost all his life Charles lived in the world where letters were the only way to have regular contact with person living in other contry.
No internet, no skype, no e-mail, no cell phone.
Every phone call abroad required planning and additional help from technical personnel.

All people wrote letters (long or short).

Almost all his life Charles lived in the world where letters were the only way to have regular contact with person living in other contry.
No internet, no skype, no e-mail, no cell phone.
Every phone call abroad required planning and additional help from technical personnel.

All people wrote letters (long or short).

I didn't and neither did most of my contemporaries back then. I'm around Charles' age too.

:lol:

As Charles himself would say "Quite!"

For people who do (or did), letters are (or were!) something of a personal nature, from writer to receiver. By and large few sat down to pen their annoyance or disappointment regarding the world at large or some particular aspect of it. Charles very obviously did, but would have expected to have those penned thoughts kept private by the receiver.

They were always going to fall into other hands, if not got rid of by the owner.

1. I haven't and will not read that crap of an article.

2. I see that some people on this forum still refers to that so-called newspaper as the Daily Mail, but that's wrong, its the Daily Fail or the Daily Lying.

1. I haven't and will not read that crap of an article.

2. I see that some people on this forum still refers to that so-called newspaper as the Daily Mail, but that's wrong, its the Daily Fail or the Daily Lying.

We could even give new meaning to a word to describe the Fail. Daillying.

They've just not caught onto the fact that with their "sensational" headlines, its a red flag to just pass it all by. That's what I usually do. :D

PRINCE Charles is to host a lavish party for 300 guests to celebrate wife Camilla’s 70th birthday.

Camilla to celebrate 70th birthday at lavish party planned by Prince Charles | Royal | News | Express.co.uk

This is the favourite painting of Duchess of Cornwall

My favourite painting: The Duchess of Cornwall - Country Life

From Clarence House

"Thank you for all the birthday wishes for HRH. To mark the occasion, we are releasing a second photo, taken in the garden of Clarence House."

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DE8g6B5XYAEwZMg.jpg

I love her style!!

Prince Charles and Camilla to attend 2018 Gold Coast Commonwealth Games from April 4 to 15

Prince Charles to attend Gold Coast Commonwealth Games | Daily Mail Online

Prince Charles and Camilla arrive before some hours to Corfu, Greece for Holidays!

Αποκλειστικό: O Î*ρίγκιπας Κάρολος και η Καμίλα στην ΚÎ*ρκυρα. Δείτε φωτογραφίες - ΚÎ*ρκυρα

Charles and Camilla they hosted by Rothschild Family in their Villa in Corfu

http://www.lifo.gr/uploads/image/1226565/article-2091340-05FE0D6F000005DC-856_468x286_popup.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
No Prince Andrew on the speculative made-up pulled-out-of-thin-air guest list. The Express is being mischievous.

I don't think there are quoting an actual guest list. They have suggested who may attend by simply looking at Camilla's other big birthday parties (it talks about her 50th and 60th parties which were similar) and who attended those. None of the names they suggest are any surprise at all IMO. The fact they haven't mentioned Andrew is an oversight; if the Queen and Philip have been invited I can't imagine Charles inviting all his family expect one sibling.

Thank you, All. :flowers:

It would be fun to see Harry cum Meghan at the party, wouldn't it. ;)

PRINCE Charles is to host a lavish party for 300 guests to celebrate wife Camilla’s 70th birthday.

Camilla to celebrate 70th birthday at lavish party planned by Prince Charles | Royal | News | Express.co.uk
That paper lies more than the DF, and I don't trust any of the Tominey/Dampier sources.

Once dubbed the “most hated woman in Britain” for her part in breaking up Charles’s first marriage, Camilla is now one of the most popular royals and is very much a “Queen in waiting”.

This is simply not true. I admire Camilla and thinks she deserves to be popular, but the thing is that she's not.

Last edited:
The only thing that could be taken as gospel truth is the fact that Camilla is turning 70 this year and that Charles would do something to celebrate that.

One thing we do know is that whatever celebration happens, it won't be a surprise party. Charles has hosted a party for the major birthdays in the past so it would stand to reason that he'd do something for the 70th also. He isn't going to be running to the press with the guest list but it wouldn't be hard for the ever imaginative press to dream up who would be on it.

It is summer time and the rule of thumb is that its also the silly season where the royals wind down for their summer breaks and there's not much in the way of real information for the royal reporters to earn their paychecks on so they resort to taking a crumb of bread and making a three tiered cake out of it.

^^ Or is it more like the reporters take a 'crumb of bread and make it into an inedible mud pie'? :)
Next they'll have the stories about who snubbed and didn't attend the party. There really just seems to be one nonsense story after another, almost like there is no longer any care about the quality of work, just keep pushing the rubbish out and see what the minions believe.

The only people you can trust when it comes to the royals is the serious commentators/experts that consists of historians and former royal staffers who are not affiliated with the media.

Last edited:
Maybe I'm not so informed on things as I thought I was. I don't go reading about any royals anywhere else but here and 95% of the time, I ignore the links and the videos. I just find it more pleasant to discuss things here and leave the media to doing what it does or doesn't do to other interested parties.

So I have a good source of information and discussion here in these threads and I have a wonderful supplier to feed my book addiction and to this old lady, that's the perfect balance. :D

If you register with the Telegraph, you can read 1 premium article for free each week

I presume a nice official photo with all the family would have been seen, again, as a PR move against the "other" anniversary...

I would imagine that actually the "other" anniversary wasn't even thought of. It was a day to celebrate Camilla's 70th birthday with family and friends. Its been 20 years and all the cast of characters at Camilla's party has moved on in life. There are those that will remember the "other" anniversary in their own way at the right time but for that night, it was solely Camilla's night and a personal party. PR has nothing to do with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom