The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 11-29-2016, 08:03 PM
Majesty

Yes, but not as we know them. Andrew was only 7-10 during his brother college days. If he had become heir to the throne, his life would have been very different. His education and choices. He likely would never have married Sarah , his bride would have been closely watched. Even if Beatrice existed, she would have been raised a future queen. Her and Eugenie would be very different than they are now. Definitely one of those what ifs you never know how it would turn out.

Nice seeing Charles and his wife still his old school

Old 12-09-2016, 08:30 PM
Imperial Majesty

Did Prince Charles have a fling with a Camilla lookalike? | Daily Mail Online

A.W. TOZER
Old 12-09-2016, 10:35 PM
Courtier

The Prince of Wales and The Duchess of Cornwall’s official Christmas card:
https://twitter.com/britishroyals/st...rc=twsrc%5Etfw

http://people.com/royals/prince-char...mas-card-ever/
Old 12-09-2016, 10:46 PM
Majesty

I love this. Such a happy picture and so colourful.

These two are terrific

This precious stone set in the silver sea,......
This blessed plot, this earth, this realm, this England,
Old 12-09-2016, 10:57 PM
Heir Apparent

The Christmas card is indeed very cheery. A nice choice for a cold season!

As for Prince Charles and Sue Townsend perhaps having a fling, well, the Charles and Diana situation was so bad by that stage that the two of them could scarcely be in the same county let alone the same house, so I can't say I'm surprised.

It's rather sad that there was a disagreement over shutting the shop at Highgrove, however. Could they not have compromised and closed the premises for three days or so? It all seems a bit petty.

I like Sally Bedell Smith's biographies. I wonder when it is due out? I'd buy a copy for sure.
Old 12-09-2016, 10:57 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by cepe View Post
I love this. Such a happy picture and so colourful.

These two are terrific
I’m particularly proud that they used a photo taken during their tour of Croatia
Old 12-09-2016, 11:00 PM
Majesty

great that its got such a response

This precious stone set in the silver sea,......
This blessed plot, this earth, this realm, this England,
Old 12-09-2016, 11:59 PM
Imperial Majesty

They could've chosen a better Christmas card, IMO. Nothing festive about it.

Well, for the affair, everybody was a rolling stone in the 90's

A.W. TOZER
Old 12-10-2016, 02:15 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dman View Post
They could've chosen a better Christmas card, IMO. Nothing festive about it.
I don’t think they go for festive, as in winter holidays themed. I remember one year they had a photo from Ascot which is in June. Then again, one year they had a photo of them skiing, so who knows how and why they pick the photos. If I remember correctly, the Queen and Prince Philip also have photos from various events during the year and sometimes they look really summery.
Old 12-10-2016, 02:29 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Princess Larisa View Post
I don’t think they go for festive, as in winter holidays themed. I remember one year they had a photo from Ascot which is in June. Then again, one year they had a photo of them skiing, so who knows how and why they pick the photos. If I remember correctly, the Queen and Prince Philip also have photos from various events during the year and sometimes they look really summery.
Right, they need to pick better cards. Perhaps they should start creating family photos. The Prince of Wales has a beautiful family of his own, but don't really show it in portraits. A nice Wales and Cambridge photo would be brilliant. A photo of them in the gardens of Highgrove or Birkhall.

The British royals need to be more creative with these things. They have the best resources at the finger tips to come up with a decent Christmas card. Using a random photo from a trip shows Charles isn't really into these cards.

A.W. TOZER
Old 12-10-2016, 03:42 AM
Majesty

Quote:
The Prince of Wales and The Duchess of Cornwall’s official Christmas card:
https://twitter.com/britishroyals/st...rc=twsrc%5Etfw

Prince Charles and Camilla Unveil Their Christmas Card
Prince Charles and Duchess of Cornwall released Christmas card photo | Daily Mail Online

Yes the card is not so Festive but i like it!!
Old 12-10-2016, 03:53 AM
Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
What I like about the choices of photos for the cards is that they're reflective of a time or place that most likely meant something to the two of them during the year. They don't use a stiff, posed for photo but probably have a good laugh remembering the occasions as they flip through photos taken that they have.

I get the feeling that Charles and Camilla are happy with each other no matter where they are and it shows in the pictures they pick for their annual holiday cards.
Old 12-10-2016, 04:28 AM
Courtier

A place in time snapshot of the year that was.

Nothing wrong with that!

Obviously a visit they have happy memories of. So, as it always has been with Charles and Camilla, off with (the heads of!) the staged signature photograph and in with one of their year in review - so to speak - favourites!

And sure why not! It's Christmas!
Old 12-14-2016, 09:27 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Christmas is in summer in some places
Old 12-14-2016, 11:08 PM
Heir Apparent

I like it. They both look very good, the group is very interesting, and the headdresses have red and green in them.
Old 12-18-2016, 01:25 PM
Majesty

Why Downton Abbey creator Julian Fellowes is taking on Prince Charles - Good Housekeeping
Old 12-19-2016, 11:08 AM
Courtier

Interesting read Eya. Keep us posted!
Old 12-19-2016, 11:26 AM
Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
I also found it to be a pretty interesting read. I can understand where Fellowes is coming from with his concern for Max Gate and its historic background but from what I know of Charles, his stance on what developments of properties should be like and his love and admiration for historical architecture, I would really rather doubt that any idea that he has in mind for this housing development would be an eyesore.

I would also be leaning to believe that in this regard, Charles would take very much into consideration the cons against building where the development is now proposed to be built.

Charles never does anything haphazardly and he's not doing any of this for material gain for himself. It will be an interesting story to follow and see what happens next.
Old 12-19-2016, 11:37 AM
Majesty

I can definitely understand the concern. Both girls max gate and the environment. A hundred new houses suddenly in the area is a lot but I assume the planning commission will consider environmental impact before approval.

Charles had an eye for restoration and preserving what is there. But this is new development. Though I will keep hope his arts and crafts style are pleasing. Though a hundred houses, you get the feeling they will be cookie cutter no matter the style. Which takes a bit away from the more unique styles you expect from the country.

But will give Charles benefit of the doubt for now.