General News for The Prince of Wales and The Duchess of Cornwall 1: Feb 2015-Sep 2022

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Charles takes on more of Queen's foreign trips as monarch approaches her 90th birthday-
Prince Charles takes on more of Queen's trips as she approaches her 90th birthday* | Daily Mail Online

The time is naturally approaching for Charles and other royals to increase their duties with The Queen set to turn 90.

With Charles taking on more and more of the Queen's foreign visits, I don't believe it is solely because the Queen is approaching 90 but also to bit by bit, make the transition from Prince of Wales to King smoother not only for Charles but also for the people. Right now what we're seeing is Charles becoming more and more his mother's right hand man. If HM is anything, she is a very astute woman and a realist and knows all too well how chaotic a sudden change to the monarchy can be and the Firm has always had the future in its sights and have planned for them accordingly.

HM and the DoE will keep on doing what they do best for as long as they can and I don't really expect any of the other royals to be expected to "up their game" but I do believe the Firm has entered a transitional period to prepare for the time when Charles does become the monarch.

With Charles taking on more and more of the Queen's foreign visits, I don't believe it is solely because the Queen is approaching 90 but also to bit by bit, make the transition from Prince of Wales to King smoother not only for Charles but also for the people. Right now what we're seeing is Charles becoming more and more his mother's right hand man. If HM is anything, she is a very astute woman and a realist and knows all too well how chaotic a sudden change to the monarchy can be and the Firm has always had the future in its sights and have planned for them accordingly.

HM and the DoE will keep on doing what they do best for as long as they can and I don't really expect any of the other royals to be expected to "up their game" but I do believe the Firm has entered a transitional period to prepare for the time when Charles does become the monarch.

There's no doubt that The Queen & Prince Philip will try to keep things moving ahead, but it's now approaching the time for not only Charles's role to naturally increase a bit more, but for the other royals too. I do expect the other royals to "up their game" in the new year and so on. I believe the "Firm" is gradually putting things in place for a smooth transition. We just have to be realistic about The Queen & Duke of Edinburgh's ages though.

This stuff is getting more real by the day, week, month and year.

There's no doubt that The Queen & Prince Philip will try to keep things moving ahead, but it's now approaching the time for not only Charles's role to naturally increase a bit more, but for the other royals too. I do expect the other royals to "up their game" in the new year and so on. I believe the "Firm" is gradually putting things in place for a smooth transition. We just have to be realistic about The Queen & Duke of Edinburgh's ages though.

They do know, more than we (the public), the true state of affairs with their parents' health. But also, I recall reading an article where William stated, or the article stated, that William would be at his flying job for only two years. That startled me as I had thought, from reading here, that William was going to be staying at that job for some years.

I've been gone for a while from the forums (tending to some happy personal events) so when I read it, I couldn't post here with the link. Can't recall where I read it, though it was likely in a Yahoo News Feed or something like that. Anyway, it took me by surprise but my first thought was: they are preparing for William to be the direct heir sooner rather than later, something is up. That was what I thought.

Of course it makes sense for Charles to be more front-and-center as his mother ages and likely really needs seclusion. Nothing dire has to be imminent. :flowers:

We've been hearing for the last two years that Charles is taking on more of the Queen's duties and Buckingham Palace always refutes the story.

The only area where the Queen is slowing down is long haul travel and even there she is making trips to Europe.

Both the Queen Mother and Prince Philip visited Canada in their 90s

Thank you DMan, yes earlier this year their were photographs of The Duke with his Grandmother inside Buckingham Palace during official duties.

These articles are from last December and I am sure we discussed it here then when they were first published. May I ask why they are being resurrected 9 months later?

Earlier someone suggested Edward would possibly take over the running of Sandringham. Which I don't think very likely.

These articles I think were provided as 'evidence' Charles is running the show.

Earlier someone suggested Edward would possibly take over the running of Sandringham. Which I don't think very likely.

These articles I think were provided as 'evidence' Charles is running the show.

Interesting. I was thinking that Charles and in future William will have control of Sandringham and Balmoral as, after all, one day they will own it.

Edward could help out by becoming Ranger of Windsor Great Park. after all it's on his doorstep!

Last edited by a moderator:
Well there is this part

A spokesman for Charles insisted: 'The Prince of Wales made no intervention in the judicial process on behalf of Peter Ball.'

However he failed to deny there had been a letter in support of Ball.

I will leave to the mods

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community

I think we have a few issues here.

Ball was sentenced, and the sentencing judge noted in his sentencing remarks that he had received testimonials "from some 17 individuals, from widely differing walks of life, each of whom provides a picture of you at various stages of your long life, including currently, and each of whom has, in detail, described your immense positive qualities: a charismatic, empathetic, humble, holy man. Each of them urges me to show you the kindness and mercy which you, in their experience, had shown to them and others, often in the most extreme of circumstances." The names of those 17 testimonial-makers were not stated. The official record of the sentencing remarks is available here: https://www.judiciary.gov.uk/wp-content/uploads/2015/10/r-v-ball-sentencing.pdf

This is standard procedure in the case of sentencing. If the procedure there is the same as it is here, these testimonials would each have stated the maker was aware of the crimes Ball had committed and, typically, would say it was out of character for the man they knew. The judge goes on to mention that he has to achieve justice not just for his victims but also for Ball: a man who had done a lot of good, often at the same time he had done a lot of harm.

It also appears to be the case that back in the 1990s, there were numerous phone calls and "two thousand letters of support...including letters from cabinet ministers and Royal Family". This was said in court at the Old Bailey by prosecutor Bobbie Cheema-Grubb QC, who went on to say that those persons might not have known of the full facts of the case.

The member of the Royal Family was not named in court, and a spokesman for Charles has stated, "The Prince of Wales made no intervention in the judicial process on behalf of Peter Ball."

This is not idle gossip, they are statements made by judicial and legal officers in Court, and I think the circumstances go well beyond speculative, unsubstantiated, gossip. Charles is known to have been a supporter of Ball, and I would like to know what his spokesmen meant by "intervention" and "judicial process". I think the fact that Charles may have made a submission on sentencing, or in the past during the initial investigations, is a valid subject for discussion on this forum, though not, perhaps, in this particular thread.

Last edited:
With what's coming out with our Royal Commission into Institutional Responses to Child Sexual Abuse (Aus ) it seems so much was brushed aside and people stood with the abuser. It appears a lot really thought it wasn't that bad. Now 40 years later the victims are coming forward and telling their story. So I don't automatically say oh no such and such would not have done that or stood by someone who did these things. I'm not saying Prince Charles did support him but I'm not saying he didn't because he's royal or seems to be a good and kind person. Good men did protect the abusers and thought they were doing the right thing for everyone.

Peter Hunt ‏@BBCPeterHunt
Prince Charles is losing one of his key aides, Kristina Kyriacou who was his Communications Secretary.

No explanation has been provided as to why after what's been described as "loyal" service, Kristina Kyriacou is leaving.

In an unusual (unique?) move, the news of Kristina Kyriacou's departure came from Prince Charles' Private Secretary.

Kristina Kyriacou was the press officer who had an "encounter" with @MichaelLCrick 's microphone.

With Kristina Kyriacou's departure, it'll be interesting to see if there's a return in 2016 to a unified press office .

Last edited:
CC 11/3

The Prince of Wales was represented by Mrs Barbara Allbritton (Chairman, The Prince of Wales Foundation) at the Funeral Service of Mrs Ronald Reagan which was held at the Ronald Reagan Presidential Library, Simi Valley, California, United States of America, this morning.

She's a hard working senior royal, she is a great consort for Charles and she's very nice. I think she will do well as HRH The Princess Consort or even Queen.

I really like how Camilla make sure to smile for the media.nshe take her time to pose and give them a great picture. Her step-daughter in law would do the same thing if she didn't take on William's attitude towards the media.

When the time does come, one thing I think we can be assured of is that no matter what Camilla is "known" as be it Queen or Princess Consort, Camilla will be the last in line to make waves or throw a temper tantrum. She will be more concerned about supporting her King and acting positively in her role no matter what she is called.

Well, we are now getting closer to this issue than ever before. I just hope whatever title she takes on, the decision will be respected. The job will be the same.

When the time does come, one thing I think we can be assured of is that no matter what Camilla is "known" as be it Queen or Princess Consort, Camilla will be the last in line to make waves or throw a temper tantrum. She will be more concerned about supporting her King and acting positively in her role no matter what she is called.

I agree. Camilla has shown real class and support of her husband since their marriage. She has done a great job at his side. I see nothing changing when he becomes king.

I for one would like her to be queen consort. I respect her decision to not be referred to as Princess of Wales. There were too many shadows to step on, and respect for her stepsons. But Diana was never queen consort. Camilla is Charles' wife, has served faithfully for over 10 years as his support/wife, and she will continue to do so when he is king. If she does go by princess consort I hope it truly is her choice and not because she feels any pressure.

I agree. Camilla has shown real class and support of her husband since their marriage. She has done a great job at his side. I see nothing changing when he becomes king.

I for one would like her to be queen consort. I respect her decision to not be referred to as Princess of Wales. There were too many shadows to step on, and respect for her stepsons. But Diana was never queen consort. Camilla is Charles' wife, has served faithfully for over 10 years as his support/wife, and she will continue to do so when he is king. If she does go by princess consort I hope it truly is her choice and not because she feels any pressure.

Nicely said, Countessmeout. :flowers: I agree. If princess consort is really what Camilla wants (and I could see where it might be, she is so beyond pretension) then let it be.

Who made up this story? This is a total fabrication.

Charles only met her a few times and she was already married and divorce with a child before their first meeting.

Who made up this story? This is a total fabrication.

Charles only met her a few times and she was already married and divorce with a child before their first meeting.

Supposedly Charles had a crush on her with her poster on his wall and even got to spend 20 minutes with Streisand on the set of a movie she was making. From that, 20 years later there was some torrid love tryst that supposedly happened and Diana knew all about it.

Of course, the article I read goes on to claim that Donald Trump saw Diana as a perfect trophy wife. Add into that more stories on the machinations to upend and manipulate who's on the throne and who upstages who, one would need a very sturdy and waterproof boots to wade through this extreme example of one's brain on some very good smoke. Anything to make a profit eh?

I do think however, that they left out the truth that in reality, Elvis is being channeled these days through Lupo and demands a hefty pork chop daily. That is the being reserved for the next installment of this author's book.

I think this is a rule of thumb that most people learn when they reach the age of being able to start dating. A happily married couple will the ones in a restaurant ordering onions on their burger.

To show really how strong garlic affects the system, take a clove of garlic and rub it on the palm of your hand. Your breath will eventually smell like garlic. :D

Thanks for that post eya. I can imagine Charles' happiness at the discovery of the artist's portrait in the painting. Charles is definitely one that knows and appreciates his artworks and if something like this had to happen, I'm happy it happened to him.

How remarkable! Charles must have been chuffed to bit!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom