General News for The Prince of Wales and The Duchess of Cornwall 1: Feb 2015-Sep 2022

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
She has never been too fit, in that she can't stand heat very well or long distance travel. She goes early on tours to give her time to acclimatisie and she's had to cut a few short as well. She is also prone to chesty colds I think,

Sorry but acclimatising to heat has nothing to do with not being too fit, nor does long distance travel. It’s hard for anyone at any age.

There is a lot of downplaying the criticism of him getting special treatment. I wish they would just own it instead of tiptoeing around it. The man is the heir to the throne. It is okay to just say that is why he was tested.

So Robert Jobson said on GMA this morning that Charles has had chest infections before....and he would know as he’s been close to him, especially I suppose when following him for his recent book. So, aside from the fact that he’s the heir, he’s in his 70’s AND with vulnerable spots, physically.

I agree, Denville - I have no issues with Charles going to Scotland. It’s the best place for him - he can be isolated and still get fresh air, be out in nature.

Prince Charles gets corovirus

Don't know if this the right forum but where did Prince Charles get corovirus and has the Queen been tested?

Don't know if this the right forum but where did Prince Charles get corovirus and has the Queen been tested?

It’s being discussed in the General News thread. The answer to both your questions is, we don’t know.

I had never heard of the 'lung issues' until Rob Jobson said that this morning. Either Jobson made a mistake and confused Charles with Camilla - who was a smoker - or the public haven't been told about a health issue with Charles.

He is reportedly very healthy - and hasn't skipped engagements other than for injuries but not illnesses.

It's Edward who has (had) lung issues/"weak lungs"; at least I remember reading something about the Queen fussing over him because of it. Don't know if it still applies, but it might be another source for the mixup.

It's Edward who has (had) lung issues/"weak lungs"; at least I remember reading something about the Queen fussing over him because of it. Don't know if it still applies, but it might be another source for the mixup.

There’s no mixup. As I referenced earlier, Robert Jobson said that Charles has had several chest infections...and he would know as he has followed him around for his recent book and is pretty close to him.

He has rosacea. In inflammation it can affect his respiratory system.
See https://www.theroyalforums.com/foru...l-1-february-2015-a-38149-26.html#post2303662

Oops, I saw the post, but somehow managed to miss that part. Thanks ! Even though his infections have been attached to a relatively minor affliction, still it's scary. That said, his doctors have indicated that they don't expect him to worsen, so I'm going to remain positive that Charles will recover soon enough.

I hope Charles has a speedy recovery.

I'm sure he'll be fine. People are being asked to self-isolate at home, but the most serious cases are being taken to hospital, so the fact that he's at Birkhall is a good sign.

Everyone in NZ is on their devices and it turns out that yesterday the thing that people googled the most here was 'prince charles'. Just goes to show there is still massive interest in him here in NZ which some say might go republic after The Queen dies. Good news IMo. Good news about Prince Charles I mean, not that NZ should become a republic:ermm: which i wouldn't be in favour of.

Everyone in NZ is on their devices and it turns out that yesterday the thing that people googled the most here was 'prince charles'. Just goes to show there is still massive interest in him here in NZ which some say might go republic after The Queen dies. Good news IMo. Good news about Prince Charles I mean, not that NZ should become a republic:ermm: which i wouldn't be in favour of.

Prince Charles was trending on Twitter yesterday, but while I checked out certain Royal correspondents' accounts, I avoided "Prince Charles" like the plague. I have no desire to read vulgar, nasty, cruel comments about him - people were actually using Diana videos to "prove" that she'd be happy about him having the virus (which proves they don't know much about her or else they'd know that they had a much better relationship at the end of her life - but even if they didn't, she would never be happy about his being sick).

Here's something that made me smile. I can just imagine the BRF having one big houseparty, lol (I had never heard of this before)

Camilla – or Gaga, as they call her – is very much a hands-on grandma. So she was persuaded to download the Houseparty app on her phone – and hasn’t looked back.

‘It’s amazing, I just press a button and all my family pop up!’ she told a friend. She also regularly ‘hangs out’ with her interior designer sister, Annabel Elliot, 71.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8157795/Duchess-Cornwall-chats-family-video-app.html

Prince Charles was trending on Twitter yesterday, but while I checked out certain Royal correspondents' accounts, I avoided "Prince Charles" like the plague. I have no desire to read vulgar, nasty, cruel comments about him - people were actually using Diana videos to "prove" that she'd be happy about him having the virus (which proves they don't know much about her or else they'd know that they had a much better relationship at the end of her life - but even if they didn't, she would never be happy about his being sick).

Goodness, that never occurred to me; i just assumed people were checking in to see if he's ok. What a world.

As I see it, Charles (who most certainly has kept his finger on the pulse of this virus) came in contact with a person confirmed to be positive for this virus, started to exhibit some symptoms and promptly did something about it. He was tested and went into isolation at Birkhall in Scotland.

This is a man that is actively being part of the solution rather than being part of the problem. We all should live by his example. ?

Osipi, I like how you refer to the Prince as being part of the solution. Very nicely expressed!

So sorry to see that the Prince of Wales has tested positive. I'm encouraged that he's not in hospital and they say his symptoms are mild.

Here's something that made me smile. I can just imagine the BRF having one big houseparty, lol (I had never heard of this before)

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8157795/Duchess-Cornwall-chats-family-video-app.html

That is what puts me off from the internet. At the one side a great source of information but at the other side unbearable vitriol in open sewers.

Wishing the Prince a speedy recovery.

Even in self isolation battling COVID-19, Charles is seen impeccably dressed which tells me basically that all is well in that household. Can't keep a good man down for long. :D

Really glad to see Charles up and about, but I wish he’d take it a bit easier as he’s not out of the woods yet..

No indeed, he is not out of the woods, but do you think Charles even owns a pair of jeans? The very notion gave me the giggles as I thought about my POW in jeans, not happening, nuh huh, not in this incarnation. No, they both knew there would be reporters for the NHS Big Thankyou and Charles was not about to be photographed in slacks and a smoking jacket let alone his PJ's and robe.

No, the best way for Charles to convey he was only mildly affected was to appear as natural as he could and for him that would be dressed on a nice Spring double-breasted suit (very nice colour too) as is his usual attire.

God bless him and Camilla. I don't think they have a clue how important they are to the silent majority of UK and Commonwealth citizens. Their very presence is the epitome of:
KEEP CALM AND CARRY ON.

Last edited:
No indeed, he is not out of the woods, but do you think Charles even owns a pair of jeans? The verynotion gave me the giggles as I thought about my POW in jeans, not happening, nuh huh, not in this incarnation. No, they both knew there would be reporters for the NHS Big Thankyou and Charles was not about to be photographed in slacks and a smoking jacket let alone his PJ's and robe.

No, the best way for Charles to convey he was only mildly affected was to appear as natural as he could and for him that would be dressed on a nice Spring double-breasted suit (very nice colour too) as is his usual attire.

God bless him and Camilla. I don't think they have a clue how important they are to the silent majority of UK and Commonwealth citizens. Their very presence is the epitome of:
KEEP CALM AND CARRY ON.

Yes, he has been seen in jeans, chinos and casual trousers but as a 70-years old royal I think he feels very uncomfortable in those.
:lol:

https://images.app.goo.gl/Cdy6VJhsExHCr3JR8

No indeed, he is not out of the woods, but do you think Charles even owns a pair of jeans? The verynotion gave me the giggles as I thought about my POW in jeans, not happening, nuh huh, not in this incarnation. No, they both knew there would be reporters for the NHS Big Thankyou and Charles was not about to be photographed in slacks and a smoking jacket let alone his PJ's and robe.

KEEP CALM AND CARRY ON.

Ha, I didn’t mean he should be wearing jeans - I can’t even imagine him in jeans, lol. I think if he really wanted to be comfy, he’d wear a kilt!

I do agree that his working is a good thing as it shows that he’s doing well, but he’s likely working too hard outside of the cameras, and that’s what I mean. I’m sure he’s getting some fresh air, but surely he can watch some telly - I just worry that he’s pushing himself too hard.

Sometimes it feels like he - and the BRF - is hated when you read comments on social media raging at Charles for being tested, so it’s nice to hear that many people DO care about him!

LOL that’s such an 80’s photo....yeah, not a jeans guy!

Charles is keeping busy ....he cares so much, it ‘s really wonderful.

lThe Prince might be in isolation, but he is not isolated, he is very busy and very much keeping abreast of what is happening. He is taking calls, having online meetings and working as hard as ever,” said a source.

One of the Prince’s key concerns is the welfare of those who work and live on his estate, the Duchy of Cornwall, which includes islands that are expected to be hard hit this summer as tourists prepare for staycations instead.

The Prince is also working closely with the Prince’s Trust to help those affected by the pandemic in rural areas and is appealing for volunteers to help in local communities. He has also written to his many charities and patronages offering his support at this time. The prince has created a digital office so he can work remotely.....

https://www.vanityfair.com/style/2020/03/prince-charles-coronavirus-quarantine

In the Vanity Fair article...

...it says that Charles is allowed outside to exercise once a day. That seems odd. I wonder if a doctor is “allowing” it? It sounds like he’s in jail! Surely the next king can go outside whenever he wishes...

...it says that Charles is allowed outside to exercise once a day. That seems odd. I wonder if a doctor is “allowing” it? It sounds like he’s in jail! Surely the next king can go outside whenever he wishes...

No, its the same for everyone. People are only allowed out for necessary shopping or doctors' visits, theyre allowed one outing a day to exercise and are not supposed to go to work unless they are key workers.. or cannot work from home...

No, its the same for everyone. People are only allowed out for necessary shopping or doctors' visits, theyre allowed one outing a day to exercise and are not supposed to go to work unless they are key workers.. or cannot work from home...

He can’t go out into his own, rural, totally private front yard?

I was surprised to read that as well, I mean he’s all by himself essentially - if he goes out in his gardens, he’s not going to infect anyone. That said, now that I think about it, it probably has to do with him pushing himself to hard even in just strolling the grounds....

Personally it sounds like they are simply referring to the lockdown rules that are in force in the Uk for all at the moment. The rule is you can go out once a day for exercise but throughout it all we've been told you can go out in your own garden so I suspect Charles would be able to go out in his own gardens at Birkhall with common sense dictating he would do so alone while he in infected.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom