General News for The Prince of Wales and The Duchess of Cornwall 1: Feb 2015-Sep 2022

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Some of you may have seen those ridiculous videos on Youtube claiming that the Queen has decreed that William will succeed her on the throne rather than Charles. Anyone with the least bit of common sense knows that the Queen has no authority to do this, but one woman has posted comments stating that Charles has stated "on many occasions" that he doesn't want to become King and says he has issued an edict stating that William will be the next King. Has anyone came across any statement from Charles saying he doesn't want to be King?

Only tabloids that are also prone to claiming Elvis sightings and pictures of Jesus and the Virgin Mary in grilled cheese sandwiches and print photos of half human and half extraterrestrial babies.

Those that believe these tabloids make YouTube videos. Anyone can make and post a video on YouTube.

Sorry. Had to do it. the Christmas imp in me is fighting to get out. :D

Its a good picture of Charles and Camilla but I have to say I'm not a fan of this year's card. I liked the ones where they used a candid picture of themselves doing something during the year rather than a portrait.

I agree. It's OK but I too prefer the candid snaps.

Last edited by a moderator:
Clarence House‏ @ClarenceHouse 2

On @BBCRadio4Extra, with Burns Night in mind, Poetry Extra featured The Prince of Wales’s reading of My Heart’s in the Highlands.

https://twitter.com/twitter/statuses/955131902494695426

Prince Charles wishing a happy Mothering Sunday with a beautiful picture of him with his mother!!

https://www.instagram.com/p/BgLhPORgpGW/?taken-by=clarencehouse

The Duchess of Cornwall has recorded a video message introducing three animations which aim to raise awareness of coercive and controlling behaviour so that more people understand that this is domestic abuse and a criminal offence.

https://www.princeofwales.gov.uk/duchess-records-video-message-raise-awareness-domestic-abuse

To mark the 70th birthday of The Prince of Wales this year, the Summer Opening of Buckingham Palace will include a special display of artworks personally selected by The Prince of Wales.
The Prince and Patron exhibition will showcase a selection of The Prince’s favourite pieces in the Royal Collection alongside works created by young artists supported by three of HRH’s charities: The Royal Drawing School, The Prince’s School of Traditional Arts and Turquoise Mountain.

https://www.gettyimages.com/search/events/775147289?assettype=image

I hadn't realized that his sons had learned to ski in Lech which is the Dutch royal family's favorite ski resort. ?

I am very impressed with the animations and the messages that they're getting out. Most people figure that domestic abuse is defined solely by physical violence but its the tell tale signs that appear in the videos that are the most destructive psychologically and mentally and bind one in chains that are hard to break.

To say I "enjoyed" the tapes sound wrong but I know they portray real-life situations that happen every day. The tendency not to "make a fuss about nothing" is very real which is why these informative videos are so important.

The idea to use animation is inspired because it enables every man or woman to paint their lives over the wood featured characters and because of that, it is inclusive of all races.

Once again, well done Camilla.

I hope there will be a ball or some kind of big party for the Prince of Wales’s 70th.

:previous:

They arrived back from Greece/Crete on 11th May. They landed at Brize Norton in Oxfordshire.

I don't know if it is the right place to post it, but for those who understand french, this is a fair documentary about Prince Charles. It was shown recently on french TV

The man who made the documentary, Stephane Bern (He is French), has been made OBE by the Queen herself at the UK Embassy in Paris 2 years ago when she went to France for the DDay celebrations of its 70th anniversary.

Stephane Bern said in an interview that The Queen saw the documentary he did about Queen Victoria and that she really liked it. She asked him if he had other documentaries and Stephane Bern answered yes and that in fact he had one about her. The Queen said it was odd because she is still around, and this Stephane Bern answered Ma'am you are a living legend.

Here is the youtube webpage of his serie of documentaries, Secrets d'Histoire (History secrets)

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC38MST1QfDAypgrjjr6FPBw/videos

Last edited:
Two more people have been poisoned in Salisbury with the same nerve agent used in the attack on the Skripals, Russian exiles living in Britain, which is believed by just about every sensible person to have been perpetrated by the Russian state.

Charles and Camilla visited Salisbury just a few days ago. I do hope that there's no risk to their heath. It's thought that if they had been poisoned, the symptoms would have shown by now.

Just goes to show, however, that the risks are many and varied for the royals, even at home. Plus all of this is why William will not be in Russia cheering England on.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-44719639

The question though has to be asked - how did this happen again? Were the Russians even involved the first time or is there something wrong in the British chemical warfare unit itself (the one nearby). They spent millions cleaning up all the areas where the Russian agents had been to remove the issue and now it has resurfaced - how and why????

The makeup of this chemical agent is specific to Russia. Once it is out of the lab it's safety is up to the handler(s)

I believe Charles and Camilla are quite safe. I wish I could say the same about any Ex Eastern block dissident.

Makeover madness at the palace
Court Circular, Issue 1475

Prince Brian, self-appointed national arbiter of taste, who doesn’t do things on the cheap
THINGS rarely move at speed in the royal world, and the Buckingham Palace refurb is no exception.
To everyone’s surprise, in 2016 Theresa May and Philip Hammond, acting as royal trustees, agreed to fund the whole £369m project, phased over ten years. David Cameron and George Osborne had been unwilling to commit more than about £50m for a make-do-and-mend job.
Two years on, most energy seems to have been expended on hiring a “multidisciplinary design team” and a project management team, and finding an area of the palace suitable for a legion of hard hats in pinstripe suits to make coffee and chat. The Buck House basement canteen is now off limits and work is under way on turning the area into a “collaborative work space” (aka an open-plan office).
Plush furnishings and wallpaper
Surveys are also being carried out and tenders prepared: just the sort of stuff you might have assumed would have been done before May and Hammond agreed to hand over the dosh. Already costs are on the rise, and the £369m may well not be enough.
And there is another problem: the posh furnishings and plush wallpapers will need Brian’s imprimatur. Brenda isn’t too interested in interior design and prefers things to look the way they always have done. Her eldest son, however, the self-appointed national arbiter of taste, agonises over such things. With the palace destined to be his within the next few years, he may as well get his way now: the last thing officials want is him moving in and demanding another expensive redecoration. But Brian doesn’t do things on the cheap. When he moved into Clarence House after the death of the Queen Mother in 2002, the nation had to hand over £4.5m for him to redecorate.
It remains a mystery why May agreed to foot the whole of the latest bill. After the 1992 Windsor Castle fire, John Major had to rapidly backtrack on a similar offer after a public outcry. Instead, Brenda was obliged to open Buckingham Palace to the masses to fund the work. That proved such a money-spinner the original intention to shut the doors after five years was abandoned. Income from Buck House admissions in 2017 was £10.35m, and it is expected to be even higher in this double royal wedding year. Admission fees for all the Queen’s palaces have raked in just short of £181m over the past five years. A contribution towards keeping the Buck House roof on would have been a perfectly reasonable request.
‘Flunkey’

The above is from a scandal sheet called Private Eye[ I]and that it is always rude. Also, the article was called Palace Coo.[/I]

I fell for it when I read a British Royal reporter saying Camilla likes "bucket and spade" family holidays on the UK coast - (and that's why she's not in Scotland with Charles in the summer that much.)

Then I went to the supermarket here in the colonies and saw the Oz magazine with her liking the Mediterranean too!

(Can't blame her. I'd be there too if given the chance.)

A few of the photos - I'll avoid posting the article about Charles kicking her out of Clarence House and the Queen being furious now everyone is due back on duty. :lol:

https://bqhfpnuv66xza-cdn-storage.a.../ef7d3f733d21502666ce8ae850f96dad57647f55.jpg

https://bqhfpnuv66xza-cdn-storage.a.../d3db0e22856933adf03753937f74e0fa844e4012.jpg

https://bqhfpnuv66xza-cdn-storage.a.../b2fea831f64f6bf6e676d206cec045b3a5c8c3e7.jpg

https://bqhfpnuv66xza-cdn-storage.a.../4190e4d8229d45625458b99ae768d6a66f97b702.jpg

And oh look - she's spending her time off reading about Royalty! :lol::lol::lol:

But this is delightful: The duchess is reading 'The quest for Queen Mary', the book detailing James Pope-Hennesy's research into his magisterial biography, edited by Hugo Vickers. It is on my bedside table and a fascinating read:flowers:

But this is delightful: The duchess is reading 'The quest for Queen Mary', the book detailing James Pope-Hennesy's research into his magisterial biography, edited by Hugo Vickers. It is on my bedside table and a fascinating read:flowers:

You should write a letter to Camilla telling her what you think of it gerry, and asking her how she found it.

And then you should keep the nice reply you're bound to get - "The Duchess of Cornwall has asked me to thank you for your kind interest" etc, etc - in the actual book.

One day someone will come across that and have a nice suprise.

Might as well swot up on all your predecessors!

For anyone who is interested the Australian Masterchef episode that features Prince Charles and Duchess of Cornwall has now aired in the UK. 'Watch' channel, aired Thursday 25.10.18 :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom