The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 07-16-2017, 05:08 AM
Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
I would imagine that actually the "other" anniversary wasn't even thought of. It was a day to celebrate Camilla's 70th birthday with family and friends. Its been 20 years and all the cast of characters at Camilla's party has moved on in life. There are those that will remember the "other" anniversary in their own way at the right time but for that night, it was solely Camilla's night and a personal party. PR has nothing to do with it.

Old 07-16-2017, 05:34 AM
Heir Presumptive

wellI Should hope that Charles remembers his ex wife and the mother of his children and that the boys remember her too. But I agree that since he has been divorced from her for a long tiem and shes' been sadly dead for many years, its a bit much if he can't give a party for Camilla without being accused of using it as PR against Diana.

Old 07-16-2017, 07:38 AM
Royal Highness

She's been the described as the love of Prince Charles' life and has stuck by his side through thick and thin.
So it was no surprise that the Prince of Wales pulled out all the stops for his beloved wife the Duchess of Cornwall's 70th birthday.

Charles throws Camilla a 70th birthday fit for a Duchess | Daily Mail Online
Old 07-16-2017, 02:48 PM
Heir Presumptive

Article by Camilla Tominey:
Camilla: The 70th birthday of the popular Duchess of Cornwall | Royal | News | Express.co.uk

1. Again - Camilla deserves to be popular, but the fact is that she is not.

2. But it's nice that she gets positive coverage in the press and we've seen more and more of it in recent years, and she deserves it.
Old 07-16-2017, 05:22 PM
Heir Presumptive

The Royal Family‏ @RoyalFamily
To mark HRH The Duchess of Cornwall's 70th Birthday, we are releasing this new portrait, taken by @mariotestino.
Picture: https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DE4p5mYWsAEjbcB.jpg
Old 07-16-2017, 05:40 PM
Royal Highness

Nice but Testino, as usual, is very generous with the airbrushing.
Old 07-16-2017, 05:40 PM
Majesty

I've always admired Testino's work and he doesn't disappoint with this portrait of Charles and Camilla. Well done!
Old 07-16-2017, 07:03 PM
Heir Apparent

Great pic of them.
Old 07-17-2017, 03:11 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by ROYAL NORWAY View Post
The Royal Family‏ @RoyalFamily
To mark HRH The Duchess of Cornwall's 70th Birthday, we are releasing this new portrait, taken by @mariotestino.
Picture: https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DE4p5mYWsAEjbcB.jpg
Woow, that is a fabulous picture!

Old 07-17-2017, 03:38 AM
Imperial Majesty
TRF Author

Camilla reveals the Charles that no-one knows: As a new portrait is released to mark the Duchess of Cornwall’s 70th birthday, she lifts the lid on palace life behind the scenes

Camilla reveals the Charles that no-one knows | Daily Mail Online

Nice idea but that portait has been photoshopped to no end!! Why not leave people as they are, Charles looks strange and Camilla without wrinkles.
Old 07-17-2017, 09:05 AM
Majesty

I love Camilla's down to earth nature. Its always been reported that she sees things on the funny side of life and to read her words, I can see that this is an integral part of her makeup.

She's a woman that is comfortable in her own skin. She's "full fat" rather than trying to maintain an image of perfection physically and forges on ahead with what she needs to do and rather than moan about her lot, she makes the best of it and enjoys it. She is an inspiration for people like me that are fast approaching what is called "old". This has rubbed off on Charles too I think as I've never seen him happier than he has been since their marriage.

Think I'm going to go have me a "full fat" milkshake, wiggle my toes that are free from restraining shoes and sit back and enjoy a good book. (Something I'm never without. I usually have 3-4 books I'm reading simultaneously. I like variety.)

As far as the photo Testino shot. I don't think it would have mattered to Camilla one bit if it hadn't been touched up to eliminate the wrinkles. I would put Camilla at the top of the list of women who aren't vain about their appearance. I like that.
Old 07-17-2017, 10:12 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osipi View Post
I love Camilla's down to earth nature. Its always been reported that she sees things on the funny side of life and to read her words, I can see that this is an integral part of her makeup.

She's a woman that is comfortable in her own skin. She's "full fat" rather than trying to maintain an image of perfection physically and forges on ahead with what she needs to do and rather than moan about her lot, she makes the best of it and enjoys it. She is an inspiration for people like me that are fast approaching what is called "old". This has rubbed off on Charles too I think as I've never seen him happier than he has been since their marriage.
Hmmm, okay then...

Rather than spending ages trying to write something about the Duchess of Cornwall, I'll just wait until someone says exactly what I think and quote it then! (apart from the 'old' part, I'm 40 but refusing to think of myself as old yet - even though I think 70 is by no ways old in this day and age)

Well said Osipi
Old 07-17-2017, 11:10 AM
Majesty

From Clarence House

"Thank you for all the birthday wishes for HRH. To mark the occasion, we are releasing a second photo, taken in the garden of Clarence House."

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DE8g6B5XYAEwZMg.jpg

I love her style!!
Old 07-17-2017, 11:19 AM
Heir Apparent

Is Camilla wearing jeans?

I feel like this is something unprecedented...

(I also love it - this is a good look on her)
Old 07-17-2017, 11:37 AM
Majesty

Ahhhh... now I can really identify with Camilla. Forever in blue jeans!

Love the relaxed pose.
Old 07-17-2017, 11:41 AM
Majesty

What a lovely picture of the Duchess in that sporty jeans and stylish blazer!
Old 07-17-2017, 12:44 PM
Royal Highness

I prefere this one ! Great photo of the Duchess

Very reminiscent of this picture taken in 2006 , again by Testino :

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com...h-monarchy.jpg
Old 07-17-2017, 04:13 PM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

What lovely and relaxed looking photos to mark the Duchess of Cornwalls 70th birthday.
Old 07-17-2017, 04:57 PM
Royal Highness

Does this mean...

...that Camilla hangs out in jeans around Clarence House on a regular basis?
Does Charles wear them, also?
(Hope so!)

Abraham Lincoln
Old 07-17-2017, 05:24 PM
Majesty

I have to admit its pretty easy to picture Charles out digging in the garden wearing a suit and tie and matching pocket swatch but I sincerely doubt he does. I would imagine theres a couple pairs of blue jeans in his wardrobe that may be well worn and comfortable by now.

Charles, though, has always impressed me as being impeccably well dressed while Camilla looks more at home in her jeans and comfort clothes. Neither one of them ever set out to start fashion trends but wear what they like.