The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 11-05-2016, 03:47 PM
Imperial Majesty

Duchess of Cornwall's biographer reveals what Camilla got up to in the Sixties* | Daily Mail Online

A.W. TOZER
Old 11-13-2016, 02:32 AM
Majesty

Dear cousin Camilla… Duchess of Cornwall receives moving letter from distant relative – Royal Central

Old 03-27-2017, 01:51 AM
Nobility

Discussion of why Camilla will legally be Queen Consort when Prince Charles inherits the throne. This, despite Charles' stated intention to give her the title Princess Consort:

Camilla was rather pretty (at least in profile) when she was seventeen. But she lost her looks very quickly it seems into her late 30s and 40s.

Wow, how interesting that Princess Anne had a hot and heavy love affair with Andrew Parker Bowles while he was off-and-on dating Camilla and in-between having affairs with a number of women, some of them married. I can understand now why Parker Bowles after he married Camilla, easily accepted being cuckolded by the Prince of Wales.

So, when Camilla married Andrew Parker Bowles, the article says, it broke both Charles' and Princess Anne's hearts. Then Anne quickly ended up with another army officer, Captain Mark Phillips. So it was love on the rebound for Anne -- that must be one of the reasons why her marriage to Phillips did not last.
Old 04-12-2017, 12:06 AM
Imperial Majesty

Prince Charles's wife Camilla talks joys of her life and 70th birthday plans

A simple dinner party with family and friends is always best.

A.W. TOZER
Old 04-12-2017, 12:49 AM
Heir Apparent

It is nice her daughter Lisa will be there

Name aside, sounds like a good plan. Yes 70 is big, but this is a woman whose job is to attend parties and events all year. Her and Charles are always traveling, if not abroad, in the UK. A nice dinner at home with him, the kids, her grandkids and friends would likely not only be relaxing but a nice break. Forbthosrbofbus who live normal lives, getting dressed up and going out for a birthday is a specisl change. She does it all the time. She is like Philip, simple and quiet suits her.
Old 05-27-2017, 09:39 PM
Imperial Majesty

HRH The Duchess of Cornwall's Interview with The Daily Mail:
Camilla up close! Duchess of Cornwall speaks exclusively | Daily Mail Online

Kinda surprised by Camilla talking about her feelings on those harsh days of the 90's. I always thought she would stay away from talking about it. I like her openness though.

A.W. TOZER
Old 05-28-2017, 03:21 AM
Courtier

I'm surprised too!

While not exactly contradicting the "never explain, never complain" mantra, it does appear to be at odds with her father's "Gentlemen, we keep our traps shut!" motto.
Old 05-28-2017, 04:42 AM
Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
I'm usually wary of anything that is printed in the Fail but I'm glad I read this story. Its a wonderful article about a wonderful person. It reinforces my opinion that Camilla is a warm, down to earth person that grabs life with both hands and isn't afraid to find humor in everyday things.
Old 05-28-2017, 06:07 AM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

I absolutely love this article and I'm so glad Camilla has chosen to do it. It's truly wonderful to read.
Old 05-28-2017, 06:13 AM
Heir Apparent

To me it's just a continuation of 'Operation Camilla-Parker Bowles'

No surprise CH did this in the 20th anniversary of Diana's death. There are a lot of books and documentaries coming out, a couple by William and Harry that put Diana in a good light and this interview is an attempt by Charles spindoctors to pushback.
Old 05-28-2017, 06:28 AM
Imperial Majesty
TRF Author

Camilla opens up on pressure of public life | Daily Mail Online
ROYAL EXCLUSIVE: Camilla opens up as never before - in her own words - on the pressure of public life, her early negative press, the loss of her brother and her down-to-earth style
Old 05-28-2017, 06:37 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudolph View Post

No surprise CH did this in the 20th anniversary of Diana's death. There are a lot of books and documentaries coming out, a couple by William and Harry that put Diana in a good light and this interview is an attempt by Charles spindoctors to pushback.
It's Camilla's 70th birthday. Why shouldn't it be celebrated. The media usually do stories when royals celebrate a zero birthday.

I thought it was a nice interview. She could have spun a very different story and pointed out there were wrongs on all sides. She didn't, she gave a very positive story that really wasn't negative about anyone.
Old 05-28-2017, 07:02 AM
Majesty

Quote:

To be honest, Diana never entered my thoughts whatsoever reading this article. I'm more apt to believe that it would be in celebration of Camilla's 70th birthday than to use it as an opportunity to bring Diana into it and "spin" Camilla.

Camilla doesn't need spinning anyways. She's doing just fine by being herself.
Old 05-28-2017, 07:19 AM
Heir Apparent

The entire gist of the article is how much she and Charles are in love and how she went from the most vilified woman in Britain to 'beloved consort in waiting'

I'm not a Diana disciple but her ghost is never far from the Firm, never more so than during the 20th anniversary of her death. Harry and William have been sharing memories of their mother all year.

You can say this interview is just a 'celebration' of her 70th birthday but I think it's a Clarence House PR move to gently push back against the deluge of pro-Diana stories.
Old 05-28-2017, 07:20 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dman View Post
HRH The Duchess of Cornwall's Interview with The Daily Mail:
Camilla up close! Duchess of Cornwall speaks exclusively | Daily Mail Online

Kinda surprised by Camilla talking about her feelings on those harsh days of the 90's. I always thought she would stay away from talking about it. I like her openness though.
If the Duchess of Cornwall is tired, as she admits, and feels she might need a "jab to keep going", then the solution is simple. It suffices to persuade her husband to renounce his sucession rights and let the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge take over when the time comes. Charles and Camilla can then retire to a quiet life in the countryside. I am pretty sure the British government , the UK parliament and the governments and parliaments of the Commonwealth realms would not only support that decision, but actually be relieved, as Charles is not particularly popular among politicians or the public for that matter.
Old 05-28-2017, 07:35 AM
Majesty

That just might happen, Mbruno. In some alternate universe on the other side of the galaxy. Not in this one.
Old 05-28-2017, 07:50 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
The entire gist of the article is how much she and Charles are in love and how she went from the most vilified woman in Britain to 'beloved consort in waiting'

I'm not a Diana disciple but her ghost is never far from the Firm, never more so than during the 20th anniversary of her death. Harry and William have been sharing memories of their mother all year.

You can say this interview is just a 'celebration' of her 70th birthday but I think it's a Clarence House PR move to gently push back against the deluge of pro-Diana stories.

First thing I thought when I saw the headline was "Here we go a PR push "
Old 05-28-2017, 09:23 AM
Imperial Majesty
TRF Author

Camilla only repeats what is lived by example by her in-laws (never explain, never complain, just get on with it etc), there would never be another option for her than to live this way and I am sure she knew it when she married Charles.
I always thought that Camilla is not for a royal life but this is what she did for love. She could have had a quiet country retirement as mistress but they took the other option.
I am no hater or lover of either woman, so I don't have strong emotions for either cause but do people still care? Diana is dead 20 years now and Camilla is an elderly woman who made her bed and not only understood that she has to lie in it, but also actually lies in it since 2004.
Camilla has done a decent job so far, she will never be Queen of Hearts and knows she will never be, so the public should move on and leave this Diana/Camilla topic behind once and for all.
Old 05-28-2017, 09:48 AM
Imperial Majesty

I think the whole has more to with her 70th Birthday, than spinning against anything to with Diana. There's no need for CH to do another spin. They've already did that pretty successfully; which is why Camilla is viewed in a more positive light by the public and media.

I like how open she was but, I hope there's a little reminder in the back of her head, that the hell she went through back in the day was due to her own actions. I'm sure she may have some regrets but, at least she can have a laugh at her herself and move on.

A.W. TOZER
Old 05-28-2017, 11:35 AM
Nobility

The Daily Mail story is pretty positive for them. But it reads like they put snippets from various past interviews together for a story, not an interview with Camilla or others for this particular story.