The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > The Prince of Wales and the Duchess of Cornwall

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 11-17-2014, 01:30 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladongas View Post
From Laura Bush's memoirs:

“When Prince Charles and Camilla, Duchess of Cornwall, came to visit us,” she wrote, “they requested glasses of ice before we began a long receiving line. The staff dutifully produced them, and the Prince removed a flask from his pocket and added to each a small splash of what I presume was straight gin, so that they might be fortified before the hour of shaking hands.”
Too funny. I like the image of a slightly buzzed Camilla fangirling over Kelsey, and grabbing at his behind. Never underestimate the power of a contact high for a fangirl.

Old 03-04-2015, 12:43 AM
Royal Highness

Osteoporosis or from horse riding?

http://stars.topnews.in/sites/defaul...a-duchess8.jpg

Are these bulging shoulders from osteoporosis or horse riding?

Any horse riders on the forum?

(Hope this type of question can be asked.)

Old 04-02-2015, 04:45 AM
Imperial Majesty

Camilla teams up with Fortnum & Mason to sell honey from private Wiltshire garden-
Camilla teams up with Fortnum & Mason to sell honey from private Wiltshire garden

GENTLEMAN'S ESSENTIALS
Old 04-02-2015, 05:13 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dman View Post
Camilla teams up with Fortnum & Mason to sell honey from private Wiltshire garden-
Camilla teams up with Fortnum & Mason to sell honey from private Wiltshire garden
Well done, Camilla, for supporting her charity!
Old 08-06-2015, 08:16 PM
Royal Highness

Suggested hairstyle for Camilla

Do not know if this is the correct place for this...

Camilla has very fine hair which she curls and blow dries to make it look fuller.

She should cut her to one length and take a chapter out of Mary Berry's book.

http://i1.mirror.co.uk/incoming/arti.../s615/GBBO.jpg

Is Mary Berry getting younger? Great British Bake Off star's glamorous transformation since show launched in 2010 - Mirror Online
Old 08-23-2015, 06:15 PM
Heir Apparent

This is simply awesome!
A fan of Camilla, who runs a blog dedicated to her, got a cool reply from the Duchess of Cornwall, after writing to and telling her about her tumblr blog!

Check out here her response (already widely spread on twitter)!

This makes me believe some of the royals do read forums and blogs!

Camilla, The Duchess of Cornwall
Old 08-23-2015, 06:39 PM
Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marty91charmed View Post
This is simply awesome!
A fan of Camilla, who runs a blog dedicated to her, got a cool reply from the Duchess of Cornwall, after writing to and telling her about her tumblr blog!

Thanks Marty! Recently I had a discussion about royals and reading the forums and blog with my sister by another mother and she believes that sometimes the royals can and do read this stuff and I was of the opinion that they don't.

Now I have to eat a crumpet and drink a cup of tea and admit a wee bit that I was umm.... not so right about the issue.
“When I was 5 years old, my mother always told me that happiness was the key to life. When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down ‘happy’. They told me I didn’t understand the assignment, and I told them they didn’t understand life.”
― John Lennon
Old 08-23-2015, 06:47 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osipi View Post
Thanks Marty! Recently I had a discussion about royals and reading the forums and blog with my sister by another mother and she believes that sometimes the royals can and do read this stuff and I was of the opinion that they don't.

Now I have to eat a crumpet and drink a cup of tea and admit a wee bit that I was umm.... not so right about the issue.
IMO royals read some "big forums or blogs" about them to check on the monarchists and royal watchers mood and opinions. I would even get far and say that I believe that sometimes royals make pr-wise decisions according to what they read... maybe some of the "grey men" or royals themselves are members of forums... who knows

But I am digressing...

Re Camilla: I think she bothered to check on the blog after she was told about it because she cares... I don't think she had read it before, but everything is possible at this point...
Old 08-23-2015, 06:53 PM
Courtier

We need bumblebees or honeybees as they are known in some parts of the world. Well done DOC for this awareness and fund raising.
Old 08-23-2015, 09:28 PM
Majesty

Quote:
This is simply awesome!

Wow! How cool is that? Thank you for sharing.

Sent from my iPad using The Royals Community mobile app

I'm not obsessed with royalty...I just think intensely about it.
Old 08-24-2015, 05:46 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
This is simply awesome!

Thanks for posting, I can just imagine Camilla chuckling along with what's posted about her
Old 08-24-2015, 08:30 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee-Z View Post
Thanks for posting, I can just imagine Camilla chuckling along with what's posted about her
I think she just laughs at her own "horrible photos" as she comes across as a person with a sense of humor and irony... But I'm pretty sure she likes that blog too...
Old 08-24-2015, 09:32 AM
Heir Apparent

I'm not entirely convinced royals spend any time reading online blogs about themselves. They maybe aware of such things but I don't see it happening.

They certainly don't read comments. The comments section of the DM is absolutely meaningless. Anonymous users from all over the world, using multiple accounts to troll people.

For every positive comment there will be 100 negative ones. You'd drive yourself bonkers.
Old 08-24-2015, 10:10 AM
Heir Apparent

That is true. Or some simply sound and realistic, checkable and factual commenst getting loads of red arrows for mysterious reasons.

:(
Old 08-24-2015, 10:13 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duc_et_Pair View Post
That is true. Or some simply sound and realistic, checkable and factual commenst getting loads of red arrows for mysterious reasons.

:(
My post was about Camilla reading a blog about her, after she was told about it by a fan... It was a nice gesture that she minded to have a look
Old 08-24-2015, 02:27 PM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

Quote:
This is simply awesome!

That's awesome indeed - thanks for sharing. What a wonderful surprise for the blogger! Camilla isn't my favourite royal but it's when royals do things like this that make me smile. It shows they really do care, despite what some people may think.

Now I have a vision of Camilla sitting behind the computer screen with a mug of hot tea scrolling through TRF.

"Think of all the beauty still left around you and be happy". Anne Frank
Old 08-24-2015, 02:32 PM
Courtier

A close friend of mine went to a Buckingham Palace Garden Party this summer and met the DOC. This lady has significant medical training and told me that she was immensely pleasant but 'tiny' and looked 'frail'. I sincerely hope that The DOC is okay.
Old 08-24-2015, 07:30 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honeybees View Post
A close friend of mine went to a Buckingham Palace Garden Party this summer and met the DOC. This lady has significant medical training and told me that she was immensely pleasant but 'tiny' and looked 'frail'. I sincerely hope that The DOC is okay.
What diagnosis did she offer for this? I'm curious because "tiny" is genetic and frail can mean many things.

Camilla is involved with Osteoporosis as one of her charities. I'm quite confident as a result of her learing from this work that she is taking measures to guard against this category of female frailty.
Old 08-25-2015, 02:54 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdmirerUS View Post
What diagnosis did she offer for this? I'm curious because "tiny" is genetic and frail can mean many things.

Camilla is involved with Osteoporosis as one of her charities. I'm quite confident as a result of her learing from this work that she is taking measures to guard against this category of female frailty.

I believe Camilla is involved with osteoporosis because her mother and maternal grandmother both died of osteoporosis. While genetics aren't the only factor, I'm pretty sure there is a genetic risk as well, so Camilla is probably more likely to suffer from it at some point as she ages.

I think in general, Camilla has had more health problems than her-in-laws of a similar age. She had a hysterectomy in 2007, and broke her leg a few years back as well.
Old 09-28-2015, 11:58 AM
Imperial Majesty

Book that will reveal the truth about Camilla-
Penny Junor's book will reveal the truth about Camilla, ANDREW PIERCE writes | Daily Mail Online

GENTLEMAN'S ESSENTIALS