Family of the Duchess of Cornwall 1: Ending Sep 2022

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

wymanda

Royal Highness
City
Perth
Country
Australia
Her grandmother, Sonja Cubitt

Attachments

• cam gran.jpg
    cam gran.jpg
    31.7 KB · Views: 1,101
Her Parents

Attachments

• Camilla Parents.jpg
    Camilla Parents.jpg
    35.9 KB · Views: 5,043
Camilla as a child (taken at Lord Ashcombe's wedding with her sister Annabelle)

Attachments

• Cam Kid.jpg
    Cam Kid.jpg
    47.6 KB · Views: 4,547
Great Grandparents, George & Alice Keppel (Mistress of Edward VII) & great aunt, Violet Treyfusis

Attachments

• cam gg mother.jpg
    cam gg mother.jpg
    25 KB · Views: 1,082
  • cam gg parents.jpg
    cam gg parents.jpg
    39.4 KB · Views: 1,027
Last edited:
What an interesting history.

Especially the part about Edward VII and Alice Keppel.

I wonder if any of charles' & Camilla's future decendents have the same love story.....say in a hundred years. ;)

maybe if we have some stories regarding alice keppel and Edward VII and see if their love stories would be much the same as the love story of camilla and prince of wales. does anyone know? does having mistress in british royalty is common, that not having a mistress is considered weak?

gaggleofcrazypeople said:
Any pics of her ancestor that was a mistress to the Prince of Wales?

See post 4.

1.Clarence House official handout photo of the Prince of Wales and his new bride Camilla, Duchess of Cornwall, with their families; Prince Harry, Prince William, Tom and Laura Parker Bowles, Duke of Edinburgh, Britain's Queen Elizabeth II and Camilla's father Major Bruce Shand.
2.Her new family!
3.Camilla Shand arrives at the Guard's Chapel for her wedding to Andrew Parker-Bowles, on the arm of her father Major Bruce Shand.

thanks to Getty.

Attachments

• 52611128.jpg
    52611128.jpg
    60 KB · Views: 1,413
  • 52611119.jpg
    52611119.jpg
    57.7 KB · Views: 1,085
  • camila.jpg
    camila.jpg
    39.1 KB · Views: 2,304
Last edited:
Camilla's family

a thread about news and pictures about camilla's children and family...

to start, good news!! camilla's daughter will get married soon!

hello magazine

http://www.hellomagazine.com/royalty/2005/11/03/lauraparkerbowles/

3 NOVEMBER 2005
While Prince Charles and his wife Camilla are currently enjoying the hospitality of American VIPs across the pond in the United States, they will likely want to raise a toast to a special someone back home in Blighty. The Duchess of Cornwall's daughter Laura Parker Bowles, 26, has decided to follow the example of both her mother and her older brother Tom by taking a trip down the aisle.

The lucky man who has won her heart is old Etonian Harry Lopes. The handsome 29-year-old, who is in line to inherit the Roborough family seat of Gnaton Hall near Plymouth, modelled for Calvin Klein and Vogue before turning his back on the fashion industry to become an accountant.

Speculation that the pair might be planning to get engaged first surfaced earlier this year when they were spotted house-hunting together in London's fashionable neighbourhood of Notting Hill. Charles and Camilla also visited with Harry's parents, George and Sarah, at their Skelpick Estate in the Scottish Highlands over the summer.

Their romance goes back quite a way further, though, as they started going out with each other eight years ago in 1997. Sources close to the couple say they kept their wedding plans under wraps until now because they didn't want to upstage the nuptials of her older brother Tom in September. No date has yet been set for the big day, but friends say it will be sometime next year.

Some pictures of Camill and the children when they was small: (from Isifa)

Last edited:
While this thread usually discusses Laura and Tom. I thought the article was interesting and the Parker Bowles' were part of Camilla's family for 20 years. And they are always going to be in her life somewhat....

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/portal/m...xml=/portal/2007/07/04/nosplit/ftderek104.xml

The article is on Derek Paravicini. I read about him a few months ago when the book on him came out. He is the ex- nephew of Camilla. His mother MaryAnne is Andrew's sister.

His mother Mary-Ann made the comment that he has never played for Charles and Camilla although he has played for other royals. I thought that was interesting as to why he never has. Charles likes that type of music. Camilla still speaks to Nic (Derek's father) although possibly less to Mary Anne.

Perhaps Charles and Camilla don't want to appear to be promoting him out of nepotism or something.

Perhaps Charles and Camilla don't want to appear to be promoting him out of nepotism or something.
Camilla is pretty careful about not being criticised for making cash or fame out of Prince Charles and the royal family. Even Tom himself has stressed from time to time that he has not received some fund from Prince Charles because Camilla married him. Camilla is a very discrete and low key woman. She knows how to behave as a royal and she is very sensible to keep her out of the trouble. I like her for that,

As you may have noticed, the posts about the children of the Duchess of Cornwall are gone from this thread.
Both Tom Parker Bowles and Laura Lopes have their own threads now.
Laura & Harry Lopes and Family
Tom Parker Bowles, Sara Buys & Family

This thread is left for information, pictures and news about the other relatives and ancestors of the Duchess of Cornwall.

I was reading a book about Caroline and John kennedy, American Legacy by C. David Heyman. When Caroline was 18 she went to London to take a 9-month art course at Sotheby's auction house. She dated Mark Shand, 9 years her senior for several months.

Andy Warhol is quoted as saying, "Mark Shand was Caroline's first love. He swept her off her feet, then dropped her without a second thought."

The Telegraph obituary of Major Bruce Shand covers his war service and exploits in detail.
Thank you so much for the article! I read extensively about the goings on with the Windsors about a decade ago and I'm rusty. I haven't kept up with the current goings-on except through a little here and there. This is lovely! Thanks!

Camilla's Children's Jobs

Hi, purely out of couriosity, what are the Occupations of the Son and Daughter of the Duchess of Cornwall, I know the Son's name is Tom, but sorry, I'm unaware of the Daughter's name!

(Copied from Wikipedia entries, have not verified these to be correct independently)

In 1973, the then-Camilla Shand married Andrew Parker Bowles, a Roman Catholic. They had two children together, Tom, born in 1974 and a godson of Prince Charles, and Laura, born in 1978. The children were both raised as Roman Catholics. Tom attended Eton, while Laura attended the Roman Catholic St Mary's Convent School, Shaftesbury. Andrew and Camilla were divorced on 3 March 1995

Thomas Henry "Tom" Parker Bowles (born 18 December 1974 in London, England)[1] is the son of Camilla, Duchess of Cornwall (formerly Camilla Parker Bowles) and Andrew Parker Bowles. His stepfather and godfather is HRH Prince Charles, Prince of Wales. His younger sister is Laura Lopes and his stepbrothers are Prince William and Prince Harry of Wales. He is a food columnist and television presenter, as well as the author of two books about food.

Laura Rose Lopes (née Parker Bowles) (born 1978) is the daughter of The Duchess of Cornwall and Andrew Parker Bowles. Her older brother is Tom Parker Bowles. Her stepfather is The Prince of Wales.
Laura Parker Bowles was educated at St Mary's, Shaftesbury, Dorset, a Roman Catholic convent school. She and her brother, Tom, were raised Roman Catholics, as their father, and particularly their paternal grandmother, the late Dame Ann Parker Bowles (née de Trafford), were Roman Catholics.
Following a gap year backpacking through South America, Laura Parker Bowles attended Oxford Brookes University, where she studied history. She manages a London art gallery.
She married Harry Lopes, a grandson of the 2nd Baron Roborough and the 2nd Baron Astor of Hever, on 6 May 2006 in St. Cyriac's Anglican Church, Lacock, Wiltshire. Laura wore a diamond tiara on her wedding day that belongs to her mother's family. Her closest family and friends attended the ceremony and reception, to include Kate Middleton, the now ex-girlfriend of stepbrother Prince William. Additional guests were Lord and Lady Howe, Lady Sarah Chatto, to make a total of 400 guests. The reception was held at Ray Mill, the nearby estate of the bride's mother.
Harry Lopes, formerly an underwear model for Calvin Klein, is a graduate of the University of Edinburgh and is now a chartered accountant. Lopes is an Old Etonian who stands to inherit Gnaton Hall, Devonshire as well as the 3,000-acre (12 km²) Skelpick estate in the Highlands, Scotland.
In July 2007, Laura announced to News of the World that she and Lopes were expecting their first child, anticipated for January 2008.

I hope this answers your question.
Welcome aboard!

Last edited by a moderator:
Simply put, Thomas Henry Parker Bowles is a food writer. He writes a column for Tatler and has authored two books. Wife Sara Buys is fashion features editor for Harper's & Queen.

Laura Rose Parker Bowles Lopes runs an art gallery in Belgravia. Husband Harry Lopes, an Old Etonian like Tom, is an accountant.

Laura's gallery exhibited photographs by Norman Parkinson in July this year. Camilla attended the opening for this exhibit, as did Philip Treacy and his dogs. So apparently Laura's gallery has a pet-friendly policy. :) The gallery is called Eleven Fine Art, because the address is 11 Eccleston Street. It has a website: Eleven Fine Art - Home

Last edited:
Camilla's Children

My question is, I wonder now that both of Camilla's have children, if they kind of wished that their mother had stayed a private citizen. Every girl needs her mother to help when a new baby come, especially the first one and I wonder if Camilla can be around them as much as she wants or hopes or as much as her children would like now that she has a "job".
I know they want her to be happy but it isn't like she married the man up the road, she married the furture King and inherited an entire nation.
I just wonder sometimes if her children feel left out?

I would think that Camilla has discussed the matter with her children before the engagement was announced. And I believe their wishes were top-priority for her as a mother.

However, I don't think there is any such problem for Tom & Laura: by all accounts, they are pretty confident and bright people, who seem to be happy with their lives.
Tom is a successful author, so he is more in the spotlight, but Laura seems to want a private life, and she gets it: you don't see her in the news often, unless it is somehow connected with the Duchess.

For more information about Tom & Laura, you can visit their respective threads:

Tom Parker Bowles, Sara Buys & Family
Baby Girl for Tom Parker Bowles and Sara Buys: Lola, born October 2007

Laura & Harry Lopes and Family
Laura & Harry Lopes welcomed a daughter: January 17, 2008

Last edited:
i'd be surprised if they felt left out, from what i've read they seem to be a thriving blended family. i've seen Tom on TV and he seems a really funny, happy guy that anyone would enjoy being around. Laura seems to have a lively, happy personality and lovely to know. now with the grand girls(which i'm sure the POW is thrilled about since he had boys) i'd bet they are all closer than ever. they have all the privacy they need at Raymill to still be "normal" with their mum. i would expect they are invited to most things but only go to the "have to" things especially now with the babies.

My question is, I wonder now that both of Camilla's have children, if they kind of wished that their mother had stayed a private citizen. Every girl needs her mother to help when a new baby come, especially the first one and I wonder if Camilla can be around them as much as she wants or hopes or as much as her children would like now that she has a "job".
I know they want her to be happy but it isn't like she married the man up the road, she married the furture King and inherited an entire nation.
I just wonder sometimes if her children feel left out?
I think this is an interesting one. Camilla probably does not see as much of her children now as she did before she and Charles were married. That said, I am sure she makes herself available to her children as any other "working" mother would. Just as an example, she has not been seen very much in 2008, and I suspect she is spending quality time with Laura and the new baby. Similarly, when Tom and Sara had their daughter, I am sure Camilla visited them often.

Andrew Parker Bowles sues Standard over Camilla holiday story
May 12

Andrew Parker Bowles is suing the Evening Standard for alleged breach of privacy over a story involving his former wife Camilla.
He claims that a story in the Evening Standard suggesting he was going on holiday to Antigua with his ex wife, now the Duchess of Cornwall, was a misuse of private information.

Press Gazette - Andrew Parker Bowles sues Standard over Camilla holiday story

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom