Family of the Duchess of Cornwall 1: Ending Sep 2022

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Very nice of Charles and Camilla joining her son and daughter in law for dinner.

Very nice of Charles and Camilla joining her son and daughter in law for dinner.

Quite right. It's rare to see Charles ear out at a restaurant.

I admire the way the DOCornwall supports any literary effort in the family. Always faithful in her way!

Plenty of love and attention in that family I think !

Nice to see a divorced couple who can still function on a good level, for their kids and now grandkids. I am sure Tom appreciated both his parents utbfir his book launch :)

The Duchess of Cornwall, Andrew Parker Bowles, and Daughter Laura attends Tom Parker Bowles book launch-
https://mobile.twitter.com/Gertsroyals/status/788466381020737536

I'm going to presume APB and Lady Rosalind Morrison are no longer a couple. She attended previous TPB book launches but doesn't appear to be at this one. And I haven't seen a picture of the (likely former) couple since Ascot 2015. Even though they had been pictured together on a regular basis starting in 2012.

I wonder who APB will woo next?

Annual Royal VP nite out Charles and Camilla present - David Williams did (and said as much as good luck to the Knighthood!) make a gag about the Ginger One with face hair and settling down.

Apparently earlier in the night he hackled them in their seats, mistaking them for Riff-Raff ,,,,, Charles seemed to be enjoying the joke, Camilla less so! Maybe you do need to be born into it! Royalty that is!

Was she associated with William? When was that?

Being Emma Parker Bowles, she will only be Camilla's niece through the (now defunct) marriage line, so no longer related at all really, although yes a cousin of Tom and Laura's.

Was she associated with William? When was that?

Being Emma Parker Bowles, she will only be Camilla's niece through the (now defunct) marriage line, so no longer related at all really, although yes a cousin of Tom and Laura's.

Back when Wills was 16 or 17, the tabloids were convinced the two of them were an item. IIRC, all they were going off of was someone saying they'd seen William look at her adoringly, which was translated as "that's my girlfriend, isn't she great." When, at most, it probably was more the matter of a teenage boy not yet understanding how to admire an attractive woman's looks without having his appreciation plastered all over his face. There's no reason to believe the two were ever actually interested in each other, especially given that he was still a schoolboy and she was an adult at the time.

Andrew Parker Bowels attended the Memorial Service for equestrian sport commentator Mike Tucker in Cirencester yesterday, April 10.

** Pic ** rex gallery **

I don't know whether I should feel surprised or not. I wonder what kind of relation she has with Princess Anne: are they good friends?

Andrew Parker Bowles and Princess Anne? Yes, by repute they are and have been VERY good friends!

Yeps. Andrew and Anne are another example of a couple that dated but ended up with different people and remained good friends over the years. :D

Yeps. Andrew and Anne are another example of a couple that dated but ended up with different people and remained good friends over the years. :D
Indeed, I believe he is one of Zara’s godfathers.

Andrew Parker Bowels attended the Magic Millions Festival of British Eventing at Gatcombe Park yesterday, August 5:

** Pic **

Does anyone reckon Sonia Keppel was actually Edward VII's illegitimate child?

For those who don't know, Sonia Keppel was the Duchess of Cormwall's grandmother. Queen Victoria banned royal bastards from court and deemed them as "ghosts best forgotten", but Edward VII of course had many flings, and Alice Keppel was his most famous mistress, favoured between 1898 and his death in 1910. Sonia was born in 1900, and looking at portraits done when she was 20 and Edward was roundabout the same age, I think there's a rather dodgy resemblance. Alice's husband Lt.-Col. George Keppel acknowledged Sonia of course, but I don't rule out the possibility of her being Edward's in a very well orchestrated cover-up as George would conveniently leave when Edward stopped by the Keppels' home in Portman Square.

Anything is possible, although I guess we will never know.

That would be interesting, if it was true, it would make Camilla a great-granddaughter of King Edward VII alike her mother-in-law Queen Elizabeth II....

Edward von Sachsen-Coburg und Gotha
x Alice Frederica Edmonstone
= Sonia Rosemary von Sachsen-Coburg und Gotha, known as "Keppel"

Sonia Rosemary von Sachsen-Coburg und Gotha, known as "Keppel"
x Roland Calvert Cubitt, 3rd Baron Ashcombe, DL
= The Hon. Rosalind Maud Cubitt

The Hon. Rosalind Maud Cubitt
x Major Bruce Middleton Hope Shand MC and bar, DL
= Camilla Rosemary Shand

Edward VII
1 - Sonia (daughter)
2 - Rosalind (granddaughter)
3 - Camilla (great-granddaughter)

Edward VII
1 - George V (son)
2 - George VI (grandson)
3 - Elizabeth II (great-granddaughter)
4 - Charles (great-great-grandson)

Last edited:
From reading the histories of the time, I think it is a very strong possibility that Sonia Keppel is the child of Edward Vii.

Oh dear. I hope he will be fine. Didn't Princess Anne and her family attend too? I hope they will stay fine too.

Well there were questions at the time about whether it was wise to go ahead with the race meeting. Government advice was that it was ok. Other sporting events were happening at the same time. Cheltenham is such a large gathering & of course huge numbers always attend from Ireland so the potential for spreading the virus widely was always there.

Oh dear. I hope he will be fine. Didn't Princess Anne and her family attend too? I hope they will stay fine too.

Yes, I believe it was where we saw Peter and Autumn together for the first time after the announcement of their divorce.

His family and friends must be worried since he's 80. Hopefully he'll recover quickly like Charles.

He is older than Charles, so definitely in more risk.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom