Family of the Duchess of Cornwall 1: Ending Sep 2022

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The State Banquet clashed with Tom's event. Also, she and Charles probably weren't scheduled to attend the State Visit and Banquet. They would've been there if it was in their schedule.

IMO, there is no credible excuse for the "Crown Prince" and "Crown Princess" of the UK to not attend a State Banquet if they are in London and hale and hearty. C&C always attend, and they have key places at the top table. IMO, that is where Camilla should have been, and not at Tom's book launch. Tom's book launch party could have been moved if it was so important for her to attend.

IMO, there is no credible excuse for the "Crown Prince" and "Crown Princess" of the UK to not attend a State Banquet if they are in London and hale and hearty. C&C always attend, and they have key places at the top table. IMO, that is where Camilla should have been, and not at Tom's book launch. Tom's book launch party could have been moved if it was so important for her to attend.

I don't believe that either Charles or Camilla chose to not attend the state banquet. It just doesn't sound feasible that either one of them would ever say something like "I'm busy, can't make the dinner". We do not know if they were even invited to attend, asked if they wanted to attend and/or anything behind the scenes regarding this state event. We'll most likely never know.

I would be shocked if they were not invited to attend. I agree with Muriel. If they are in london and not in some way incapacitated, they should attend the State banquets.

I think it is great Camilla supports her son by attending his book launch.

It is also great Andrew has found someone after losing Rosemary. I think they have been together a few years. Lady Rosalind Morrison was the first wife of Gerald Ward.

As far as Camilla not attending the State Banquet, Prince Charles was probably not able to attend and the Queen excused Camilla, so not to detract from the visit. Camilla attending without Charles would have attracted the wrong type of attention.

Camilla has missed several of Tom's book events because she had royal commitments. This is clearly a case of Charles not being available and Camilla being allowed to attend her son's book launch.

Thanks for all who posted links to the pictures.

I would be shocked if they were not invited to attend. I agree with Muriel. If they are in london and not in some way incapacitated, they should attend the State banquets.

Charles is not in London. he would inform HMQ and thats enough. I would assume the the original thought was that the Cambs would attend and couldnt. Who are we to criticise behaviour when HMQ has accepted it and we do not have all the information?

Let it go.

Yeah, I think the Cambridge's were going to attend both events but Catherine's condition changed that and only attended the first event.

I like that Camilla was able to be there for Tom. She brings some press attention that would help her son and she must be very proud of him.

Charles is not in London. he would inform HMQ and thats enough. I would assume the the original thought was that the Cambs would attend and couldnt. Who are we to criticise behaviour when HMQ has accepted it and we do not have all the information?

Let it go.

Agree Completely!!! BTW, where is Charles?

Let it go.
Was not hanging on to it just agreeing with Muriel.

Wasn't there some discussion on another thread that Charles has not been out and about lately - and I suggested he had Ebola :p Sounds like he's under the weather, in any event.

Let it go.
Since we do not know the circumstances surrounding the absence of Charles and Camilla from the state dinner, I am at a loss to understand the vitriol poured on Camilla because she attended her son's book launch. Likewise, I am surprised that those same people aren't moaning that The Princess Royal and Vice Admiral Sir Timothy Laurence were not in attendance. I mean surely she could have deferred her "private" visit to Australia . . .

HM is well aware of the importance of "family" and makes every endeavor to ensure her children are allowed some degree of latitude in the mix of family and duty. If it is good enough for HM, who are we to be casting the first stone.

Last edited:
We don't have to guess or surmise where Charles was as the CC tells us.

Charles was in Scotland undertaking engagements there, including meeting with some European Heads of Mission (something that would often be done by the Head of State) and also hosting a dinner as well as a couple of other engagements.

We don't have to guess or surmise where Charles was as the CC tells us.

Charles was in Scotland undertaking engagements there, including meeting with some European Heads of Mission (something that would often be done by the Head of State) and also hosting a dinner as well as a couple of other engagements.

Thank you, Bertie! It's good to know he's still alive!

Thanks Bertie.

Clearly Charles couldn't be at two places at the same time so Camilla was free to attend her son's book launch.

Last edited:
After doing the engagements for the last couple of weeks and expressing some concern about the lack of Charles' engagements I went back and found that in the same period last year he also did only a couple of engagements - one or two at the beginning of the month and then again starting around the 16th/17th - the same as he has done this year - so I am not concerned as this seems to be one of his 'things'.

Since we do not know the circumstances surrounding the absence of Charles and Camilla from the state dinner, I am at a loss to understand the vitriol poured on Camilla because she attended her son's book launch. Likewise, I am surprised that those same people aren't moaning that The Princess Royal and Vice Admiral Sir Timothy Laurence were not in attendance. I mean surely she could have deferred her "private" visit to Australia . . .

HM is well aware of the importance of "family" and makes every endeavor to ensure her children are allowed some degree of latitude in the mix of family and duty. If it is good enough for HM, who are we to be casting the first stone.

No vitriol from me, just voicing an opinion that I think she got it wrong. In Camilla's position, if she is in London and not capacitated, I think she should have attended the dinner even if Charles was away. She is the next Queen and is usually centre-stage at these events.

Likewise, I am surprised that those same people aren't moaning that The Princess Royal and Vice Admiral Sir Timothy Laurence were not in attendance. I mean surely she could have deferred her "private" visit to Australia . . .

Anne is not the future Queen of this realm, and has a lot more flexibility, IMO, when it comes to these things. She is much further down the line of succession.

Lets look at this logically. Its a State Banquet. The Queen is the Head of State. The President of Singapore is the Head of State. She brought her husband. He brought his wife. The Queen invited many people that would be of interest to the President of Singapore and his wife. She also included some of the members of her family who happened to be home that night. There were speeches given and presents exchanged and a good time was had by all.

Simple. I don't see a problem as long as the Heads of State were there and had a nice evening.

Roslyn - that would really get up some people's noses both here and elsewhere on the net. What fun that would be.

Camilla's commitment to her family was something that would have been in her diary in advance and may very well have been known when the lists were being drawn up for the State banquet. Even more important was the fact that Charles had engagements in Scotland with the European Heads of Mission which would also probably have been known and thus the reason why Camilla didn't attend was two-fold:

1. her husband was committed to serve the nation and his monarch at a different event in Scotland
2. she had a personal commitment to her own family.

I am confused. Why would Camilla have more of an imperative to be at a state banquet than the Prince of Wales and the Princess Royal.

And why would Camilla go to a black tie tiara event alone?

Back to the event with her son. It is nice to see the family together and smiling after suffering such a tragedy less than 3 months ago,

OK, just for the sake of clarity. Could you highlight 'the vitriol poured on Camilla because she attended her son's book launch' here. Because I just reread the last few pages, and I dont see where there was vitriol which is defined as 'bitterly abusive language'. I realize she is your favorite, but I think you are being overdefensive of her. All we said was, if Camilla and Charles are in the country they should attend State Dinners. Hardly throwing sulfuric acid! Also, Charles is the P of Wales, TIm Lawrence and the Princess Royal have less of an imperative to be there.

Let's get back on topic.

This thread is about Camilla's family....not William,Catherine or even Charles.

Any and all additional off topic posts will be deleted without notice.

That's what I was going to guess. Go, DailyFail!

Nick King is the neighbor. Looks like someone was rushing to meet deadline and got the names mixed up.

Happy belated 75th birthday to Andrew Parker Bowles
(born 27 December 1939).

Has Camilla's two children (and their family) ever been invited by the Queen for Christmas...or included in any other Royal gathering ?

Yes - one of Camilla's granddaughters was a flower-girl at William and Kate's wedding so the rest of the family were also invited to the wedding. Other than that there has been no official attendance at major royal events although they may have been there as private individuals keeping a low profile and simply appreciating the fact that they can attend without trying to muscle in on the situation to promote their attendance.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom