Family of the Duchess of Cornwall 1: Ending Sep 2022

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
How very sad and what a shock it must be to the family...
RIPvery ver

What horrible news. Condolences to the family. Strange circumstances.
Not too many years ago the famous diet doctor Dr Atkins died in very similar circumstances, just a freak slip and crack on the head. Horrible for the family when they go like that, but not a bad way to go for the deceased. Little suffering, here one minute and gone the next. Condolences to the family.

Just heard the news. Very sad news indeed.

How shocking and sad! My deepest condolences to Camilla and her family.

How terribly sad! He was a wonderful man and this is a great loss to the conservation movement, and, of course, a tragic loss for his family.

Reaction from Cambridges

Paul Harrison ‏@SkyNewsRoyal 2 mins
#royal Kensington Palace re William & Kate reax: "...Their thoughts are with The Duchess of Cornwall and her family at this time."

Just a reminder how fragile life is. Carpe diem!

And how quickly and easily it can end due to a simple accident that could happen to anyone, any time, doing something quite ordinary. We need to remember this and make each moment count and not take life for granted.

^^^So true; I was just thinking of the ordinariness of this accident; just grabbing a quick smoke and tripping. What a tragedy and so shocking in its suddenness.

Last edited:
Such sad and shocking news. My condolences to the Duchess and her Family.

So sad. And scary. My mother has fallen twice in 3 months and hit her head. She is on warfarin. She's getting therapy now to help her balance. You just never know what a slip and fall can lead to.
Prayers to DOC and family

I know he hit his head, but what did he die from? A bleed?
Sad.

Such sad news and my condolences to the Duchess of Cornwall and her family. Her brother was a wonderful conservationist whose work will be missed.

Phew... just a slip on the pavement and there goes a life.... My condoleances to the Shand and Cubitt families. Everyone who has done such great things for our planet's endangered species desverves a place in our heart. Thank you, Mr Shand!

I wonder if he's had a few cocktails. 2:30 am seems a bit late to be out having a smoke...

He was in a club with friends so he probably had at least one drink. He probably had been working hard on this fundraiser and was tired. I doubt he was planning to drive anywhere so he was not endangering anyone else. The Daily Mail article indicates he took medicine for high blood pressure, which can cause dizziness, and it is very possible that a man his age was on blood thinners.

It was probably a sad combination of factors. I know the Duchess and her sister are going through a terrible time, but my heart goes out to his young daughter and even his ex-wife, who probably stilled cared deeply for him.

Last edited:
Sounds like he had a bit of trouble with the revolving door (hate those things). Poor man, who was trying to do so many good things for the world. Condolences, of course, to the greater family, but it is very sad news indeed.

I wonder if he's had a few cocktails. 2:30 am seems a bit late to be out having a smoke...

It seems Mr Shand was in very festive spirits after a quite succesfful fundraiser (1,5 million US Dollars for the endangered Indian elephants). So yes, some glasses of drink, I suppose.

I read he went to a second bar in a NY hotel and collapsed near the bar before he went out for a smoke. Wish the straight facts could be written correctly.

I find it strange how he fell. Maybe he had a few too many and lost his balance. This is so sad. I wonder if anyone found him right away or if it was some time before they did. Maybe if he was found right away he could have been saved.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using The Royals Community mobile app

I find it strange how he fell. Maybe he had a few too many and lost his balance. This is so sad. I wonder if anyone found him right away or if it was some time before they did. Maybe if he was found right away he could have been saved.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using The Royals Community mobile app

Supposedly he wasn't alone and was found right away- but one story suggested the reason the fall was so bad is he fell backwards with his hands in his pockets and so had no way to break his fall.

Just a tragic accident

Ah. Hands in pockets, not good. A young man in Chicago lost his life the same way about a year ago - standing on a low wall, just lost his balance.

If he had been drinking, of course, the effect of the blood thinners would go up. It's hard for most of us to realize that as we age, we need to be more careful. It really does point up that accidents like these can happen to anyone.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom