The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 10-12-2015, 06:43 PM
Heir Apparent

Thanks for posting that link, Nico. I enjoyed that video immensely. A nice biographical account of Andrew PB as well as info about the artist and the artistic process.

Old 11-05-2015, 03:28 AM
Royal Highness

Mark Shand ashes to be scattered in India

It is unfortunate that Camilla will not be with her family.

It is a shame that there was a conflict in her schedule.

I am sure she would have liked to be with her family and to see her brother off for the last time.

Old 11-05-2015, 04:32 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Queen Camilla View Post
Mark Shand ashes to be scattered in India

It is unfortunate that Camilla will not be with her family.

It is a shame that there was a conflict in her schedule.

I am sure she would have liked to be with her family and to see her brother off for the last time.

Seems strange they couldn't do it at a different time !!

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community
Old 11-05-2015, 11:25 AM
Heir Presumptive

Not necessarily if you consider the number of people involved and the planning that had to go into it. Sometimes you can't make something work for everyone.
Old 02-18-2016, 02:27 AM
Heir Apparent

Royals force Simon Parker Bowles to demolish his restaurant Green's | Daily Mail Online
Old 02-18-2016, 12:43 PM
Majesty

Ridiculous article. The Crown Estate is an independently managed body with proceeds profits going to the Treasury. The Royal Family have no influence over its management.
Old 02-18-2016, 07:23 PM
Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by muriel View Post
Ridiculous article. The Crown Estate is an independently managed body with proceeds profits going to the Treasury. The Royal Family have no influence over its management.
I think the biggest thing here that Shakespeare is omitting in this article and I've read the article three times now to see if perhaps *I* missed something. No where in the article does it state that Simon Parker-Bowles owns the land on which Green's is built.

He is not being forced by the Royal Family out of his restaurant, as you state Muriel, and his livelihood is being taken away by bullies but to me it seems like the Crown Estates already own the land and SP-B has been told by the landlord that his time there is up. If SP-B owned the land outright, it would stand to reason that some settlement had been made. The statement in the article by SP-B states "‘It’s true that we are being forced to close Duke Street due to the insatiable desire of the Crown Estate to redevelop,"

If Simon Parker-Bowles is a smart man, perhaps a workable solution would be to negotiate that Green's would become part of the renovations as it states the area is to include offices, restaurants and upscale apartments/living areas.

Then again, Perhaps this is all Shakespeare's overactive imagination and he's seen smoke from a candle and is yelling "Fire!". I don't trust anything out of this man's mouth.
“When I was 5 years old, my mother always told me that happiness was the key to life. When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down ‘happy’. They told me I didn’t understand the assignment, and I told them they didn’t understand life.”
― John Lennon
Old 02-18-2016, 08:53 PM
Heir Apparent

I sense a book in his future.
Old 03-17-2016, 09:10 AM
Serene Highness

From The Times of 17 March 2016: GEOFFREY HOWE A Service of Thanksgiving for the life and work of The Rt Hon The Lord Howe of Aberavon CH PC QC will be held in St Margaret's Church, Westminster Abbey at Noon on Tuesday 3rd May 2016. To register for tickets please apply to: Memorial, 2 Crane's Croft Road, Norwich NR7 8UD enclosing a stamped address envelope to arrive by Thursday 24th March 2016. Tickets will be issued subject to availability and will be posted by 22nd April 2016.
Old 08-12-2016, 08:29 PM
Imperial Majesty

Charles has paid £1.5m to Camilla's sister who helped hide his affair: How interior designer sibling has earnt huge sums from Duchy of Cornwall for string of revamps in past 11 years* | Daily Mail Online

GENTLEMAN'S ESSENTIALS
Old 08-12-2016, 09:48 PM
Heir Apparent

Oh let it rest, Richard Kay! Why shouldn't he engage Annabel? She's a talented interior decorator who knows his tastes and with whom he works well and has for years. It's only natural he'll engage her for these projects.
Old 08-13-2016, 01:46 AM
Royal Highness

It would make sense not to use her so it can't be media fodder. Typical of Charles to do this.

Old 08-13-2016, 01:58 AM
Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
To be honest, I think if the BRF were to strive to avoid media fodder, they'd forevermore be holed up in a castle with a very deep moat and the drawbridge up.

To me, its just common sense to go with someone you know that can do the work as you want it to be done. I think most of us that had family that could expertly do a job for us, they'd be quite insulted if we went elsewhere with our business.
“When I was 5 years old, my mother always told me that happiness was the key to life. When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down ‘happy’. They told me I didn’t understand the assignment, and I told them they didn’t understand life.”
― John Lennon
Old 08-13-2016, 02:04 AM
Heir Apparent

It's not new information. It was addressed in the Dumfries House restoration documentary and Annabel was in the doco.
Old 08-13-2016, 02:14 AM
Heir Apparent

Its not like he gave a multi million dollar public funded contract to her He hired her with personal money to do a personal job. One she is highly qualified to do and knows his style and taste.

Would any of us do different? If your Aunt was a florist, would you not hire her for your wedding? The queen uses her cousin as a party planner and no one cares.
Old 08-13-2016, 02:47 AM
Royal Highness

With due respect you or I aren't the future King. MPO

Old 08-13-2016, 02:52 AM
Heir Apparent

Yes, although at times I suppose it can get a bit fraught (Peter Phillips and the Queen's 90th birthday Mall celebrations come to mind.) However, I'm sure Annabelle Elliot does a splendid job. She knows the couple's tastes, etc.

I think the Daily Fail journalists are on the prowl through their archives at this time of the year. Most royals are on holiday. No new Royal stories popping up.
Old 08-13-2016, 03:00 AM
Heir Apparent

The Queen hires her cousin Elizabeth Anson for party planning. She organized the party for the foreign royals ahead of the wedding of W&K. That's the same thing as Charles hiring Camilla's sister yet no outrage from the press.

Old 08-13-2016, 03:53 AM
Imperial Majesty

The Queen can't be touched though but this is August.

August is bash Charles and Camilla month as the public have to be reminded how they destroyed the life of Diana.

Every year August sees story after story of how awful Charles and Camilla are. There are few, if any, royal engagements to give the press other stories and so they bring out all the anti-Charles and anti-Camilla stories.

They also often adding anti-William stories painting William as like Charles - the serious, even pompous entitled son while Harry is like Diana with the 'common' touch - whatever that means.

I suspect this is because William won't play ball and allow the press any chance to cover his growing family and a large percentage of the public are buying into the lazy William vs hardworking Harry hype (ignoring the fact that Harry does fewer engagements than William and has been unemployed for over a year - if that had been Beatrice who was unemployed for over a year the press would be on her back but Harry can do nothing much and the press still present him as somehow the best of the bunch).

William has his reasons for not allowing any real connection to develop between the public and his children - a few static pictures with no other humans in them with no real backgrounds - backgrounds that could be anywhere in the world does mean there isn't the emotional connection between the public and his children that existed between the public and earlier royal children through seeing them actually moving and connecting with their family.

Tags
alice keppel, camilla, camilla's family, duchess of cornwall, sonia keppel