Duchy Originals

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
We have Burger King here. I like Burger King burgers and McDonalds fries so I never get exactly what I want. Unless I go to KFC. Or Wendys - but they closed the local Wendys. And I cried.

You can order Duchy stuff online you know?

The majority of DO products are not shipped across that little body of water called the Atlantic Ocean. Only products available online are the biscuits at Amazon.com. In January 2007 it was announced that www.food-brands.com would be the importer for all DO products. At this time their website cannot be found. :bang:

I'll just have to renew my passport (6 month wait) and take a trip over to the UK. Too bad I only have 1 week vacation per year.

Yeah, I am sure that Duchy ships out all over Europe, but not sure about the US. They will ship to the US too? I always wanted to try especially the Duchy biscuits. There are so many rave reviews about them.

US prices are high now because the dollar value is low. I bet the Duchy sandwich would convert to around $5-6.

Yeah, I am sure that Duchy ships out all over Europe, but not sure about the US. They will ship to the US too? I always wanted to try especially the Duchy biscuits. There are so many rave reviews about them.

US prices are high now because the dollar value is low. I bet the Duchy sandwich would convert to around $5-6.

This is not the time to travel to the UK. Exchange rates are 1 pound = $2.00, therefore the sandwiches would be $.00 - $7.50. Now I'm getting hungry. Must forage through the icebox for something other than a sandwich. :)

P.S. The biscuits are available at amazon.com.

Thanks!!! I think I will try the shortbread and/or ginger.:flowers:

Last edited by a moderator:
The Cider is to die for, mixed with a drop of Whisky liqueur! (hic.....) :D The soups are also delicious, although I have not tried the Celeriac, Bacon & Leek.

All the biscuits are weight gainingly superb and I defy anyone to eat only 1 or 2! :ROFLMAO:

I hope a store near me sells the shortbread biscuits. They are REALLY GOOD!:flowers:

They are, but they were expensive even before the exchange rate tanked. I dread to think what they'll cost now.

Some Duchy Originals products are available at my local independent supermaket. I think it's mostly jams and chutneys and such.. I haven't inspected closely, but the DO products are in that area.

They are, but they were expensive even before the exchange rate tanked. I dread to think what they'll cost now.

I was going to buy a packet in Sydney a few weeks ago, till I saw the price. They were well over $11, and my mother was with me. No way could I justify spending that much on a packet of biscuits to a woman who lived through the Depression and recycles left-over Christmas cake into chocolate fruit slices!

I don't think they are too overpriced here, considering the price of other non Duchy items. Their Lemon Biscuits (my favourite) are roughly £2.79, the Cheese Nibbles around £2.95.

I think 11 Australian Dollars converts to around £5.50, so you pay double the price! :ohmy:

Personally I do find them a little overprices for the amount you get. The quality is fabulous but the quantity just doesn't make it worthwhile, especially as food prices are going up and up now.

I can't remember who said it, but I was suddenly reminded of the phrase - Never mind the quality, feel the width! :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

I don't think they are too overpriced here, considering the price of other non Duchy items. Their Lemon Biscuits (my favourite) are roughly £2.79, the Cheese Nibbles around £2.95.

Thanks for the prices ... my favourites are the Orange Biscuits. I guess the price is the same as for the Lemon ones ... which would be EUR 3,54 at today's CTR (OANDA, The Currency Site: Foreign Exchange Services and Trading). They sell them here at the British Shop at EUR 4,59. EUR 1 for shipping expenses does not sound exagerrated to me. After all they have to bring them here somehow. And frankly, it's not as if we use them daily, it's rather an occasional treat for special guests :cool:.

Duchy unveils prince of ales
July 13

After first turning his hand to shopkeeping, the Prince of Wales is now getting behind the bar with plans to sell his organic ale in pubs.

Duchy unveils prince of ales | Business | The Observer

Duchy Originals, the pioneering organic food company founded by HRH The Prince of Wales in 1990, has won a prestigious APA (Association of Publishing Agencies) Award for its new website.

Duchy Originals Wins Award for New Website - FOXBusiness.com

THIS is a poorly written article. The chemical is produced when carbs are fried. It does not say what type of cancer, what type of animal studies, and how to reduce your levels while cooking. Thanks for the info. I want to do a Medline search on this.

It's so annoying they went ahead with a misleading headline. Someone who doesn't bother to read past headlines could have easily concluded that the chemical was in Prince Charles' products. :ermm:

Gordon Ramsay has criticised Prince Charles' range, Duchy Originals, for its salt and sugar contentIn an interview,

Ramsay has described the Duchy Originals as over-priced and boring.

Gordon Ramsay trashes Prince Charles' organic food range
-----------
At least Charles has never had to rely on bad manners or a bad mouth to sell himself or his products! :whistling:

For once ... I fully agree with you, Skydragon. I think that Mr. Ramsay tends to be a mediocre chef with an enormous ego. I have not tried Duchy Originals products. Thus, I can not pass any judgment about the products and their quality. At the same time, I happened to watch Hell's Kitchen for 5 minutes. I can say that Mr. Ramsay's lack of good manners and inability to control his temper betrayed lack of upbringing. Although he might add some dramatics for the sake of his reality show, I still believe that he lacks upbringing and manners. :)

This came up in an episode of "The F Word" a while ago compliments of the obnoxious Janet Street Porter. What she didn't mention and neither does Gordon, is that salt & sugar are natural preservatives.

Who is Gordon Ramsay ?...:ROFLMAO:...:whistling:..., i read that Jamie Oliver loves the Duchy Originals products!

Prince of Wales's Duchy Originals slumps to loss - Telegraph

The Prince of Wales's organic food company, Duchy Originals, has been hit hard by the recession, losing over £3 million last year.

For the first time in well over a decade, the company has not recorded a profit, as consumers spurned expensive, organic produce and tightened their belts during the recession.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom