Duchess of Cornwall: Visit to Paris, France - May 27-28, 2013

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you for all the updates. It appears to have been a successful, albeit brief tour. I'm sorry that you were not able to meet the Duchess. :flowers:

I'm going to echo Aurora's sentiments on this one. How lucky you are to work at the Louvre too! It one of the places on my bucket list stuck way back in my closet.

From being unsure of how she'd fit into public duties at the time of her marriage to doing a French tour solo and attending the opening of parliament this year, Camilla has made great strides into becoming the confident, charming and supportive Queen Consort that she will be for Charles. It has to be quite scary for anyone nearing retirement age to take on a life of full time public duties and appearances. Instead of looking forward to relaxing, golden years, its more like starting a full time career one does in their 20s.
Camilla has not only taken it all in stride, but has excelled at it.

The more I think of it, perhaps the Rottweiler can still describe Camilla. I've known a few of them in my lifetime and I have to believe what the AKC says abut this breed. :D

"The AKC Standard describes the Rottweiler as "a calm, confident, and courageous dog with a self-assured aloofness that does not lend itself to immediate and indiscriminate friendships."
Typically steadfast, sensible, and serious (though some are happy-go-lucky clowns!), the Rottweiler tends to respond quietly and with a wait-and-see attitude to influences in his environment."

Well done Camilla!!

Thank you for all the updates.

Nico I echo what Osipi said - I am so envious that you work at the Louvre. I've only been once ( I've only visited Paris once) but I loved it and both the city and the museum are high on my revisit list.

Osipi, I appreciate the description of a Rottweiller that you posted. Interesting reading and a new way of looking at things.

Finally, well done to Camilla. I never doubted that she would be charming, well prepared and make a good impression on those that met her. I am glad the visit has been so well received by our French cousins.

Joining the growing chorus here..Nico, you are so lucky to work in such a place.

Congrats to HRH on a very successful first solo visit. I'm sure Charles is in danger of losing a few buttons tonight from puffing his chest out in pride over how well she did. :)

As many know, I am a huge Diana admirer and even five or six years ago would still grit my teeth when it came to Camilla. But...

It is amazing what time can do. The boys have accepted her and see how happy she makes their Dad and also how easier things are w/her at his side. She's proven to be a true asset to the Family and Her Majesty. It's time to let the past be just that : the past.

Congratulations to the Duchess on a very successful first solo visit!!

Thank you to everyone who has posted links to articles and videos of Camilla in Paris. :flowers:

I, too, am very envious of you, Nico. What a marvellous place to work!

It's very pleasing to me to see how well this trip has gone over for Camilla, and I love this rethink about what being a Rottweiller means. :)

I am happy to know that France was her first destination for a solo visit abroad:flowers:.
I really didn't know that she was coming to Paris and Bougival.Once again,I missed another royal:bang:.A few months ago,CP Victoria of Sweden came to the town of Sceaux and I live 5 minutes walk from there.

I second Nico on the fact that the reactions are positive.It's great that she made the effort to speak in french.You can clearly understand her in spite of her accent.Emmaus is a very popular association and it's founder Abbé Pierre one ,if not the most loved personality here.I really didn't know that Emmaus exists also in Britain.The Emmaus companions in Bougival were certainly honoured of her visit.
Camilla also visited a market in Paris and tasted some products.She also met members of the british association "help for heroes"
Her is a link to Gala where you can a gallery
Photos- Camilla, duchesse de Cornouailles, et les plaisirs de France - Gala

Last edited:
I'm glad the Duchesses trip to Paris was a success. Very nice videos and I did expect that here would be some mentioning of Diana. Good to see Camilla doing her thing.

Bravo, Camilla! I'm so glad this visit was a success and the reactions were positive. She works hard and she deserves to have her work recognized.

Thanks for the CNN article, Dman. Some very nice words about Camilla. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom