The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 11-13-2007, 10:50 AM
Royal Highness

The Duchess of Cornwall becomes President of the children´s charity Barnardo´s
13th November

Her Royal Highness has taken over the role formerly held by Cherie Booth QC, wife of former Prime Minister Tony Blair, and will today carry out her first visit to a Barnardo´s project.

The Prince of Wales - The Duchess of Cornwall becomes President of the children's charity Barnardo's

The Duchess visits High Close School in Wokingham as President of Barnardo´s
13th November

She said: ´I am extremely proud to be part of this fantastic organisation and wish everyone here well for the future.´

The Prince of Wales - The Duchess visits High Close School in Wokingham as President of Barnardo's

Old 11-13-2007, 11:15 AM
Royal Highness

Camilla, Duchess of Cornwall, visits Barnardo´s High School in Wokingham
November 13

Flowers for the new president
POLFOTO - altid med i billedet

Chemistry lesson

Chatting

Playing table tennis

Old 11-13-2007, 11:20 AM
Royal Highness

Wonderful photos! I especially enjoyed the photo of The Duchess playing table tennis--Barnardo's is lucky to have her. And, she looked fantastic as well---

"We make a living by what we do; we make a life by what we give" Winston Churchill
Old 11-13-2007, 01:30 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcbcode99 View Post
Wonderful photos! I especially enjoyed the photo of The Duchess playing table tennis--Barnardo's is lucky to have her. And, she looked fantastic as well---
I would so wish that in future she and the prince take William and Harry along when they do kid-related charity engagements - it would have done so much good if William was there as well. Or there must be engagement offers aplenty which cannot be accepted by the prince and Camilla but would be suitable for William or Harry. Why can't they do something for other kids and young adults when life gave them so much?
'To dare is to lose one step for but a moment, not to dare is to lose oneself forever' - Crown Prince Frederick of Denmark in a letter to Miss Mary Donaldson as stated by them on their official engagement interview.
Old 11-13-2007, 02:09 PM
Royal Highness

Jo, well and thoughtfully said. I would love to see either or both of the boys accompany Charles and Camilla on more engagements--especiallly kid related. I know that they both did some work during their gap year, but they begin doing more in their own country as well. They are very privileged and should begin to undertake more engagements and roles--especially Prince William. I would like to see him in Wales a bit more, since he is in line to become the next PoW; it would be fitting for him to endear himself to the Welsh people.

"We make a living by what we do; we make a life by what we give" Winston Churchill
Old 11-13-2007, 03:36 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcbcode99 View Post
--especially Prince William. I would like to see him in Wales a bit more, since he is in line to become the next PoW; it would be fitting for him to endear himself to the Welsh people.
It remains to be seen whether Charles makes him a Prince of Wales and whether the people of Wales want one. He is not exactly flavour of the month because he chose to support England over Wales. It is entirely possible that the title will not be used after Charles becomes King.

Lovely pictures milla Ca, thank you for posting them!
Old 11-13-2007, 04:12 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jo of Palatine View Post
I would so wish that in future she and the prince take William and Harry along when they do kid-related charity engagements - it would have done so much good if William was there as well. Or there must be engagement offers aplenty which cannot be accepted by the prince and Camilla but would be suitable for William or Harry. Why can't they do something for other kids and young adults when life gave them so much?
I agree Jo, they ( specially William) should have more official duties. And engagements with kids or young adults would be great. But i don´t think Charles and Camilla should take the young Princes with them or ´give´ them their engagements. Two men aged 23 and 25 ( with so many helping hands by their sides) are old enough to look for their own charity work and duties. They should find their own ways (i hope...).
Old 11-14-2007, 03:31 PM
Aristocracy

http://www.getreading.co.uk/news/201...ost_for_pupils

This is from Camilla's visit to Barnardo's High Close School. It has video of her visit.

Camilla is a demon at table tennis. She won again and boy she played against didn't get a point.
Old 11-14-2007, 03:33 PM
Royal Highness

Smile

DOC Patron of the University of Bristol School of Veterinary Science

I took my dog to the vet and then met a Duchess

A pet lover and his dog from Worcestershire had a chance meeting with royalty when they went to Bristol for some special treatment.

I Took My Dog To The Vet And Then Met A Duchess (from Worcester News)
Old 11-16-2007, 06:04 PM

Duchess of Cornwall Patronages

The Prince of Wales - The Duchess visits High Close School in Wokingham as President of Barnardo's

Quote:
The Duchess visits High Close School in Wokingham as President of Barnardo's

13th November 2007
The Duchess of Cornwall visited schoolchildren with behavioural difficulties today on her first visit to a Barnardo's project in her new role as President of the charity.
The Duchess met staff and pupils on a visit to High Close School in Wokingham, Berkshire, where she dropped in on science, maths and drama lessons.
Her Royal Highness became President of Barnardo's, which runs projects across the country to help vulnerable youngsters, in October this year, taking over from Cherie Booth QC, wife of the former Prime Minister Tony Blair....
Continue reading
ABACA Press Gallery
Old 12-14-2007, 08:07 AM
Imperial Majesty

Thank you Avalon, she looks much better, especially with the camo scarf tucked in! They seem to be making a great deal out of the missing Charles and Harry, they forget that Harry does work occasionally.

The Prince of Wales - Monday 17th December 2007

The Duchess of Cornwall, Patron, The British Equestrian Federation, will attend the Centenary Gala Performance of the London International Horse Show, Olympia, London

ILPH: ILPH chosen as Olympia official charity!
Old 12-15-2007, 08:20 AM
Imperial Majesty

The Duchess of Cornwall met previously homeless people today at an Emmaus Community in West Norwood, South London.
The Duchess of Cornwall became Patron of Emmaus UK in August 2006.

The Prince of Wales - The Duchess visits an Emmaus Community in South London
Old 12-18-2007, 04:05 PM
Royal Highness

The Duchess of Cornwall invited children and young people from Helen & Douglas House to Clarence House to help decorate the Christmas tree
December 18.
The Duchess is patron of the organisation.

The Prince of Wales - The Duchess invites guests from Helen & Douglas House to help decorate the Christmas tree at Clarence House

I remember when Camilla joined Charles at this event for the first time ( the press was full of pics the next day) and now she did it solo for the second time.
And like every year many nice, touching pics:

( the subtitles from Polfoto aren´t right, the Christmas tree was decorated at Clarence House and not at the Hospice)
Old 12-18-2007, 04:29 PM
Imperial Majesty

Thank you milla Ca. What lovely pictures, it looks as if they all enjoyed themselves.
Old 12-18-2007, 11:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by milla Ca View Post
The Duchess of Cornwall invited children and young people from Helen & Douglas House to Clarence House to help decorate the Christmas tree
December 18
ABACA Press Gallery (16)

The tree is fantastic. The kids clearly enjoyed that the bearskin-hat soldier added some ornaments. Maybe the kids made some of the ornaments themselves. Did someone give The Duchess a teddy bear?
Old 12-19-2007, 08:20 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by CasiraghiTrio View Post
ABACA Press Gallery (16)

The tree is fantastic. The kids clearly enjoyed that the bearskin-hat soldier added some ornaments. Maybe the kids made some of the ornaments themselves. Did someone give The Duchess a teddy bear?

Hello Magazine Article on this event:
Camilla shares Christmas tree-dressing fun with young guests

19 DECEMBER 2007

Camilla shares Christmas tree-dressing fun with young guests
Old 12-19-2007, 08:23 AM
Heir Apparent

Thank you for articles and pictures, everyone!

This tradition of inviting children from Hospice to Clarence House is one of the best ideas of the Prince and the Duchess. It's so great they give the children (and adults) something to cheer about right before the Christmas.
If I'm not mistaken, this tradition is already 4 or 5 years old, isn't it? They invited children to the Clarence House at least 1 year prior to their engagement, of that I am sure, but could it be a longer tradition?

And some more pictures:
Gallery of Pictures from Isifa 1
Gallery of Pictures from Isifa 2
Gallery of Pictures from Isifa 3
Gallery of Pictures from Isifa 4
Queen Elizabeth: "I cannot lead you into battle, I do not give you laws or administer justice but I can do something else, I can give you my heart and my devotion to these old islands and to all the peoples of our brotherhood of nations." God, Save The Queen!
Old 12-19-2007, 09:33 AM
Heir Presumptive

What a wonderful tradition! You really have to commend Charles & Camilla for keeping this up, I can't think of a better memory for them than decorating the future King's christmas tree. BRAVO!!!
Old 12-19-2007, 10:17 AM
Nobility

I also think that this is just a great tradition. I sure that it really is a special treat that they will always remember.
Old 12-19-2007, 10:20 AM
Courtier

I must say that i always like Diana, but i'm surender myself to Camilla, she's wonderful!

Tags
camilla, charities, duchess of cornwall, patronages