The Duchess of Cornwall's Patronages

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Wonderful photos! I especially enjoyed the photo of The Duchess playing table tennis--Barnardo's is lucky to have her. And, she looked fantastic as well---

Wonderful photos! I especially enjoyed the photo of The Duchess playing table tennis--Barnardo's is lucky to have her. And, she looked fantastic as well---

I would so wish that in future she and the prince take William and Harry along when they do kid-related charity engagements - it would have done so much good if William was there as well. Or there must be engagement offers aplenty which cannot be accepted by the prince and Camilla but would be suitable for William or Harry. Why can't they do something for other kids and young adults when life gave them so much?

Jo, well and thoughtfully said. I would love to see either or both of the boys accompany Charles and Camilla on more engagements--especiallly kid related. I know that they both did some work during their gap year, but they begin doing more in their own country as well. They are very privileged and should begin to undertake more engagements and roles--especially Prince William. I would like to see him in Wales a bit more, since he is in line to become the next PoW; it would be fitting for him to endear himself to the Welsh people.

--especially Prince William. I would like to see him in Wales a bit more, since he is in line to become the next PoW; it would be fitting for him to endear himself to the Welsh people.
It remains to be seen whether Charles makes him a Prince of Wales and whether the people of Wales want one. He is not exactly flavour of the month because he chose to support England over Wales. It is entirely possible that the title will not be used after Charles becomes King. :flowers:

Lovely pictures milla Ca, thank you for posting them!

I would so wish that in future she and the prince take William and Harry along when they do kid-related charity engagements - it would have done so much good if William was there as well. Or there must be engagement offers aplenty which cannot be accepted by the prince and Camilla but would be suitable for William or Harry. Why can't they do something for other kids and young adults when life gave them so much?

I agree Jo, they ( specially William) should have more official duties. And engagements with kids or young adults would be great. But i don´t think Charles and Camilla should take the young Princes with them or ´give´ them their engagements. Two men aged 23 and 25 ( with so many helping hands by their sides) are old enough to look for their own charity work and duties. They should find their own ways (i hope...:rolleyes:).

Duchess of Cornwall Patronages

The Prince of Wales - The Duchess visits High Close School in Wokingham as President of Barnardo's

The Duchess visits High Close School in Wokingham as President of Barnardo's

13th November 2007
The Duchess of Cornwall visited schoolchildren with behavioural difficulties today on her first visit to a Barnardo's project in her new role as President of the charity.
The Duchess met staff and pupils on a visit to High Close School in Wokingham, Berkshire, where she dropped in on science, maths and drama lessons.
Her Royal Highness became President of Barnardo's, which runs projects across the country to help vulnerable youngsters, in October this year, taking over from Cherie Booth QC, wife of the former Prime Minister Tony Blair....
Continue reading

ABACA Press Gallery

Thank you Avalon, she looks much better, especially with the camo scarf tucked in! :D They seem to be making a great deal out of the missing Charles and Harry, they forget that Harry does work occasionally.

The Prince of Wales - Monday 17th December 2007

The Duchess of Cornwall, Patron, The British Equestrian Federation, will attend the Centenary Gala Performance of the London International Horse Show, Olympia, London

ILPH: ILPH chosen as Olympia official charity!

The Duchess of Cornwall invited children and young people from Helen & Douglas House to Clarence House to help decorate the Christmas tree
December 18.
The Duchess is patron of the organisation.

The Prince of Wales - The Duchess invites guests from Helen & Douglas House to help decorate the Christmas tree at Clarence House

I remember when Camilla joined Charles at this event for the first time ( the press was full of pics the next day) and now she did it solo for the second time.
And like every year many nice, touching pics:

POLFOTO - altid med i billedet

( the subtitles from Polfoto aren´t right, the Christmas tree was decorated at Clarence House and not at the Hospice)

Thank you milla Ca. :flowers: What lovely pictures, it looks as if they all enjoyed themselves. :flowers:

The Duchess of Cornwall invited children and young people from Helen & Douglas House to Clarence House to help decorate the Christmas tree
December 18

ABACA Press Gallery (16)

The tree is fantastic. The kids clearly enjoyed that the bearskin-hat soldier added some ornaments. Maybe the kids made some of the ornaments themselves. Did someone give The Duchess a teddy bear?

Thank you for articles and pictures, everyone! :flowers:

This tradition of inviting children from Hospice to Clarence House is one of the best ideas of the Prince and the Duchess. It's so great they give the children (and adults) something to cheer about right before the Christmas. :)
If I'm not mistaken, this tradition is already 4 or 5 years old, isn't it? They invited children to the Clarence House at least 1 year prior to their engagement, of that I am sure, but could it be a longer tradition?

And some more pictures:
Gallery of Pictures from Isifa 1
Gallery of Pictures from Isifa 2
Gallery of Pictures from Isifa 3
Gallery of Pictures from Isifa 4

What a wonderful tradition! You really have to commend Charles & Camilla for keeping this up, I can't think of a better memory for them than decorating the future King's christmas tree. BRAVO!!!

I also think that this is just a great tradition. I sure that it really is a special treat that they will always remember.

I must say that i always like Diana, but i'm surender myself to Camilla, she's wonderful!

I also think that this is just a great tradition. I sure that it really is a special treat that they will always remember.
Sadly, many of the children will probably not be here next year. :verysad: I'm sure Camilla gave them all a wonderful time and made them feel extra special. :flowers:

I must say that i always like Diana, but i'm surender myself to Camilla, she's wonderful!
I must admit I'm loving her more and more each day. :flowers::wub: She really is a treasure. :)

Hello Magazine Article on this event:
Camilla shares Christmas tree-dressing fun with young guests

19 DECEMBER 2007

Camilla shares Christmas tree-dressing fun with young guests

YEAH! Look on the last paragraph of the article!
As a thank you the group presented Prince Charles' wife with a teddy bear - which their hostess said she would give to her two-month-old granddaughter, Lola, her son Tom Parker Bowles' child.
When I first saw the teddy bear I thought that it would be so sweet if she gives it to Lola! :wub:

I just love this tradition for the little children--and Camilla looks so happy right alongside them, decorating the tree. As a child, we all love to decorate the Christmas Tree, and having this special memory is something that they and their families will remember. I think it is very touching.

Patron of The Royal National Hospital For Rheumatic Diseases
The Duchess opens a centre for young people suffering from rheumatic diseases and a bakery in the South West
February 5

The Duchess of Cornwall opened a family bakery and a centre for young people suffering from rheumatic diseases today during a day of engagements in the South West.

The Prince of Wales - The Duchess opens a centre for young people suffering from rheumatic diseases and a bakery in the South West

with a picture gallery:
The Prince of Wales - The Duchess opens a centre for young people suffering from rheumatic diseases and a bakery in the South West

Duchess of Cornwall Patronages

some pics of today (sorry only the small version):

The Duchess of Cornwall, President of the Brooke Hospital, presents awards to young artists
February 20

Fotobanka isifa image service

The Duchess of Cornwall presented awards today to young artists featured in an exhibition which highlights the plight of donkeys, mules and horses working in foreign countries.

The Prince of Wales - The Duchess, President of the Brooke Hospital for Animals, presents awards to young artists

Can I be totally shameless and plug one of Camilla's charities? The National Osteoporosis Society has long been a cause close to Her Royal Highness's heart and of course it was the illness that claimed the life of her mother Rosemary. As today is my birthday (thanks for the emails, pms etc!) I decided that as it's my 21st I should choose a charity to take membership of and give something to a worthy cause rather than selfishly wallow in gifts! So today I took out membership of the National Osteoporosis Society. It's only £15/$30 a year and as well as supporting the charity you get all kinds of goodies which keep you informed of ways to prevent and help osteoporosis. Nobody's ever had the illness in my family but as you all know I adore Camilla so I'm following her example. Please do the same if you can!

You can join here; Join the National Osteoporosis Society

Thursday 15th May 2008
The Duchess of Cornwall, President, Devon County Agricultural Association, will attend the Devon County Show, West Point, Exeter.

Thursday 22nd May 2008
The Duchess of Cornwall will attend the RNLI Annual Presentation of Awards, Barbican, London.

Tuesday 27th May 2008
The Duchess of Cornwall, Patron, The Wiltshire Bobby Van Trust, will receive two new vehicles on behalf of The Wiltshire Bobby Van to celebrate their 10th Anniversary at Melksham Police Station, Hampton Park West, Melksham, Wiltshire.

The Prince of Wales - Diary

The Wiltshire Bobby Van Trust helps elderly and vulnerable residents affected by crime in the home.
The Duchess is patron of the trust, which is getting the vans to mark its 10th anniversary.

The Duchess of Cornwall is to receive two new vans on behalf of a charity which supports burglary victims.

BBC NEWS | England | Wiltshire | Camilla receives new charity vans

Too bad the BBC was unable to locate a more recent photo of The DOC. :whistling:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom