The Duchess of Cornwall's Patronages

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have just been reading the Penny Junor bio of Camilla (it was so sugary it almost put me off her) but what did emerge to my surprise was that she seems to genuinely love reading. I don't think that that is just for "show", books seem to mean a lot to her and I had thougtht she was more of a practical action woman. So I suppose that's why literacy is one of her patronages.. (a hard slog in today's world).

The Duchess of Cornwall as Patron of the Royal Academy Friends visited the Royal Academy of Arts to launch the RA250 Friends Membership scheme today, October 16:

** gettyimages gallery **

As Patron of the Royal Voluntary Service the Duchess of Cornwall hosted a reception at Clarence House today, October 17, to celebrate the launch of the Our Amazing People campaign:

Lovely pictures!

As Patron of the Royal Voluntary Service the Duchess of Cornwall hosted a reception at Clarence House today, October 17, to celebrate the launch of the Our Amazing People campaign:

She really is enjoying herself at the party, and I love that color on her, dark green goes well with her hair and color. Wonder what the joke was for everyone is really laughing and having fun....

Here's a video from the reception at Clarence House with actor Brian Blessed.

The Court Circular has finally been updated with missing events!

Court Circular 22nd November:
The Duchess of Cornwall, Patron, this morning visited the Royal School of Needlework, Hampton Court Palace, East Molesey, Surrey, and was received by Mrs. Gillian Norton (Deputy Lieutenant of Greater London).

Her Royal Highness, President, National Osteoporosis Society, this afternoon held a Tea Dance at Buckingham Palace.

Court Circular 28th November:
The Prince of Wales and The Duchess of Cornwall today carried out engagements in Stoke-on-Trent and were received by Her Majesty's Lord-Lieutenant of Staffordshire (Mr. Ian Dudson).

The Duchess of Cornwall, Patron, the National Literacy Trust, this afternoon visited the Literacy Hub "Stoke Reads", Stanley Matthews Way, and was received by Mr. Graham Stow (Vice Lord-Lieutenant of Staffordshire).

Her Royal Highness afterwards visited SafeLives, Royal Stoke University Hospital, Newcastle Road.

Well that’s brightened a sad royal day. HRH has a great sense of humour!

Court Circular 5th December:
The Duchess of Cornwall, Patron, Barnardo's, received the Lady Amanda Ellingworth (Deputy Chairman).

The Duchess of Cornwall as Patron of The Silver Line visited the offices of the national helpline for the confidential charity for lonely older people in Blackpool today, December 8.

As Patron of Emmaus UK she toured their Emmaus Preston Megastore in Preston:

** gettyimages/zimbio gallery **

** blackpoolgazette: Duchess of Cornwall visits The Silver Line charity in Blackpool **

** dailymail: It’s Camilla calling! Duchess of Cornwall joins Dame Esther Rantzen at her charity’s HQ to man the phones for elderly hotline service **

Last edited:
Court Circular 6th December:
The Duchess of Cornwall, Patron, Royal Trinity Hospice, this morning received Mr. Derek Wyatt upon relinquishing his appointment as Chairman and Mr. Adrian Williams upon assuming the appointment.

Court Circular 7th December:
The Duchess of Cornwall, President, the National Osteoporosis Society, this morning held a Meeting at Clarence House.

Such a wonderful charity and party for these kids. I think the little guy in his Busby is adorable!

One of the best pre-Christmas engagements and I always look forward to this event.

I also love this event & look forward to reading about it & seeing the pictures every year.

A great activity for seniors to stay active, flexible and to maintain their balance.?

A great event. Dance is definitely a great way for seniors to stay in shape :flowers:

Have to smile at the professional asking Camilla to dance, his nerves. She definitely was a good sport about it. Which doesn't surprise me at all.

I love seeing her at events for osteoporosis (as well as animals, and literacy), she really does shine. You can see her personal passion for the topics.

There no doubt that Camilla is a good sport. When she and Charles visited Christchurch after the earthquake she was very happy to join one of our young heroes in a spin around the "Dance of Mat".

I think that is Camilla's gift, to make others feel at ease and confident enough to do something like asking her for a dance. Neither she nor her hubby is slowly "proper" on the dance floor, they thoroughly enjoy themselves and happy spreads happy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom