The Duchess of Cornwall's Patronages

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Good for her, I'm sure she will take a keen interest. :flowers:

Wonderful news, thank you Skydragon! :news:
And congratulations to the Duchess!!! :clap::queen3::sun:

How lovely! Congratulations to Her Royal Highness. Let's hope this makes a certain person called Liz hand over a certain yellow ribbon.

She looked very regal. I like the coat but, not sure about the scarf.

Wednesday, 24 October 2007
HRH The Duchess of Cornwall at The 7th Armoured Division Memorial Service in Thetford, Norfolk *Gallery Provided by Getty Images (24)
Same event *ABACA Gallery (11)

Summary
The memorial service marked the start of the (second) Battle of El Alamein, Egypt in October 1942 and the part the Eighth Army unit nicknamed the "Desert Rats" contributed and lost to the battle. The battle is credited for the pivotal turning point for the Allies in the success of North African Campaign commanded by General Montgomery, effectively resulting in the end of the Axis powers' expansion into Africa. READ MORE about this battle.

I think the hat a bit big, but the color is gorgeous on her and very flattering!

I guess she likes that hat. She wore it to Prince William's Sandhurst graduation.

I think HRH looked exceptional. Fabulous colour choice and the hat and coat are brilliant. I think the scarf is a bit tatty but other than that, gorgeous.

The memorial service must have been emotional for The Duchess too. As she prayed in front of the wreath, maybe she was thinking of her father. It is fascinating to think that her father served in that battle. According to the Clarence House article, he was shot and captured after the battle.

I thought Camilla looked wonderful, not too keen on the neck embellishment.

A very moving memorial.

yes esp. together with all the curls going on on her hat, it is too busy

Camilla looked lovely, and the colours really worked for her - the brown of the scraf and gloves offsetting the rather regal colour of the coat. Does anybody recognise the brooch or have any better shots of it?

Thank you everyone for the information and pictures. :)
I think it's really great both the Prince of Wales and the Duchess of Cornwall are so attentive towards the soldiers, especially the veterans.

The Duchess looked lovely indeed. Great hat, although I'm not sure how well it matches with the coat (the colour). And I'm not too keen on the neck embellishment as well.

Here are some more pictures:
Closup of the Duchess of Cornwall(you can see the brooch more clearly)
A wreath laid by The Duchess of Cornwall
The Duchess of Cornwall lays a wreath at the memorial
The Duchess of Cornwall talks to veteran Sgt Major Len Burritt
The Duchess of Cornwall chats to Lt. General Sir Anthony Mullens

Gallery of Pictures from Isifa 1 ; Gallery of Pictures from Isifa 2

Closup of the Duchess of Cornwall(you can see the brooch more clearly)

That's a nice brooch. It's very regal. I like all of Camilla's ensemble here individually but all together doesn't work so well. The neck "embellishment," as you say is very pretty on its own or with something else, but I guess like Susan_alicia said, all together it's just too "busy." That's well put. I would say I agree with that assessment. :)

Something tells me that brooch is Queen Mary but I could be wrong.

Duchess of Cornwall Patron of the Thetford Forest Desert Rats 7th Armoured Division Memorial Association

It was a proud moment for Desert Rats when their patron The Duchess of Cornwall stepped from Monty's open top field car to commemorate the 65th anniversary of the first major Allied victory, the Battle of El Alamein, where her own father was wounded

Poignant inspection for Camilla - Bury Free Press

Pics 31.10.2007

Duchess of Cornwall receives award

The Duchess of Corwall after receiving the 2007 Kohn Foundation award
in recognition of her contribution to raising awareness of osteoporosis
in London, 31 October 2007 :)

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 **

Thanks iceflower for posting the pictures up. She looked so happy smiling, after a really proud evening yesterday, i think. It appears like she is wearing a new brooch as well, could it be from the Queen Mother's collection or maybe her Osteoporosis organisation's gift for her?

Thank you again for the first pics, iceflower!:flowers:

The Duchess of Cornwall called today for the lifestyles of young people to be targed in the fight against osteoporosis as she was presented with an award for her work to raise awareness of the brittle bone disease.

The Prince of Wales - The Duchess receives the Kohn Award for raising awareness of osteoporosis

The speech by HRH:
The Prince of Wales - A speech by HRH The Duchess of Cornwall upon receiving the Kohn Award, The Royal Society, London

Thanks iceflower for posting the pictures up. She looked so happy smiling, after a really proud evening yesterday, i think. It appears like she is wearing a new brooch as well, could it be from the Queen Mother's collection or maybe her Osteoporosis organisation's gift for her?

You´re right HMQueenElizabethII. The brooch Camilla wears is a present of the osteoporosis society to her 60th birthday, it shows the emblem of the NOS.

The Duchess is putting the rest of the RF to shame (bar the Queen, Anne, Philip and Charles of course). She seems to be thriving and proving herself to be a perfect Royal whilst of the blood lot seem to be determined to drag the Royal Family back to 1990s hell.

And for the acceptance speech she wore those fabulous glasses again. :D I think she has surpassed even her self-expectations, certainly everyone else's expectations, for her role. Greatness often resides or develops in unexpected places. :)

The Duchess of Cornwall becomes President of the children´s charity Barnardo´s
13th November

Her Royal Highness has taken over the role formerly held by Cherie Booth QC, wife of former Prime Minister Tony Blair, and will today carry out her first visit to a Barnardo´s project.

The Prince of Wales - The Duchess of Cornwall becomes President of the children's charity Barnardo's

The Duchess visits High Close School in Wokingham as President of Barnardo´s
13th November

She said: ´I am extremely proud to be part of this fantastic organisation and wish everyone here well for the future.´

The Prince of Wales - The Duchess visits High Close School in Wokingham as President of Barnardo's

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom