The Duchess of Cornwall's Patronages

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Yesterday, May 4, the Duchess of Cornwall as Patron of The London Chamber Orchestra attended a rehearsal and met children involved in 'Music Junction' a LCO educational project aimed at bringing together children from diverse backgrounds to create, compose and perform alongside LCO's musicians.

** Pic **

Loves how giant is all upper case :ermm:

[QUOTEThe Duchess of Cornwall looked more than a little menacing as she was given what appeared to be a carving knife at a charity event on Tuesday.

[/QUOTE]

Trying to make her sound like a knife wielding maniac much :bang: I guess the reasonable thing to would have been to ask for a plastic butter knife to cut the cake with. I mean a big cake knife was over kill.

Fortunately no one seemed terrified. :) She was engaged, and everyone around her seems in good mood. And happy to have her support of it.

Hadnt heard of the society until now. I went and looked at their site and I am impressed. :flowers: Great cause to work with, all the involvement they do with the homeless, getting them on their feet and more. Only been in the UK since 1991 but has grown incredibly.:) Camilla really seems to have a great niche of charities she is involved with.

The Duchess of Cornwall as President of the National Osteoporosis Society hosted a 30th anniversary Garden Party and presented The Duchess of Cornwall Award for outstanding contribution in the field of osteoporosis at Clarence House today, July 12. Due to the bad weather the party was held inside.

** gettyimages/zimbio gallery **

:previous: Okay, I was right about the bad weather. A pity but show goes on :flowers:

Article in People, about Camilla talking about the cause, and the pain of watching her mom die from it. It was a family event with Tom, Laura and her sister Annabelle all at the garden party. While it was her first patronage when she married, she has been involved since the early 90's.

http://www.people.com/people/package/article/0,,20395222_21017975,00.html
"I became involved in it in 1994 after watching my mother stoically suffering the appalling pain and ignominy of this devastating disease, which in the end resulted in her early death at the age of 72," she said.

"Back in those dark old days, my family was not alone in knowing next to nothing about osteoporosis. It was rarely discussed and seldom diagnosed and usually attributed to women of a certain age.

"I was determined, for my mama’s sake, to find out more and to find a way of helping others avoid the same excruciating pain and disregard that she, and many of her generation had encountered."
Think what one may of her, Camilla has shown such a real dedication to her patronages, especially those on Osteoporosis, literacy and animal well-fare.

The Duchess of Cornwall as Patron of Roald Dahl 100 visited her dream jar that has been created as part of the BFG Dream Jar Trail with Roald Dahl's youngest daughter, Lucy, at St James Park in London yesterday, July 12.

The event was attended by nurses and children from Roald Dahl's Marvellous Children's Charity. Camilla's Dream Jar has been designed by the renowned art director Michael Howells and shows Camilla's dream of sharing the magic of books with the children of the world.

** zimbio/gettyimages gallery **

** dailymail: Roald Dahl would approve! The Duchess of Cornwall unveils her own BFG 'dream jar'..**

Camilla carried out two engagements yesterday at Clarence House and Malborough House. Any details?

July 14 she hosted a reception at Clarence house for victims of domestic abuse.

Duchess of Cornwall delivers heartfelt speech on domestic abuse victims at Clarence House | Daily Mail Online

She gave a speech

'This silence is corrosive: It leaves women, children - and men - carrying the burden of shame, it prevents them from speaking out about their abuse and it prevents them from getting help.
'And at its worst, it can be fatal.

She also attended the opening of the Woman leader's summit at Marlburough House.

After lunch HRH The Duchess of Cornwall paid a surprise visit to the Summit. Today she had her own meeting on domestic violence, but she wanted to show her solidarity with women at the Commonwealth meeting.

Commonwealth Women Leaders’ Summit: Choosing to change lives | The Commonwealth

I think it's excellent that Camilla chose to attend this meeting and show her support for the women of the Commonwealth, and victims of domestic violence everywhere.

The Duchess of Cornwall as Patron attended the Wells Festival of Literature at The Bishop's Palace in Wells today, October 21:

** gettyimages gallery **

You know Camilla really does have her own nice touch with kids. You can see she really engages when she reads to the kids, maybe the granny in her :flowers:

I agree Countessmeout. Literacy is a big area with Camilla and she fits so well into that role. Stems from having a deep love for reading herself. If there is one thing I think all kids should find and develop in childhood, its the love of reading. A treasure trove of adventures through time and places await when you open a book.

The Duchess of Cornwall as President of JDRF, the type 1 diabetes charity, attended a reception to celebrate their 30th anniversary in London yesterday, October 26:

** gettyimages/zimbio gallery **

The Duchess of Cornwall as Patron of Emmaus UK visited Emmaus Cambridge today, November 29, to mark its 25th anniversary:

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 **

From all the photos and videos I have seen I say that The Duchess of Cornwall had a lot of fun with the children and the children were happy to be invited.

What a great gesture from her.

Not too far in the past there was an article posted and a picture of the Christmas tree at Clarence House and I thought to myself "where are the kids with Camilla that always decorate the tree around this time of the year?". I am relieved to see that it did actually take place as its one of the most endearing, unique to Camilla events that I look forward to seeing.

Camilla never disappoints when it comes to events like this. She is a natural at making people feel at ease and relaxed in her company and those kids and their families had a day that will be fond memories for a long time.

One of the nicest events in the Royal Calendar in my opinion. Everyone looks very happy, contented and full of seasonal good will in the photos. Good on Camilla for holding this event.

I agree that this is one of the BRF's December highlights. Happy that these families and their children can enjoy some precious joyful time together.

Camilla has taken over 1 new patronage from the Queen:
Barnardo's

There are also 2 other likely ones on the list, but they’ll officially confirm in 2017.

The Duchess of Cornwall as Chancellor of The University of Aberdeen officially opened the new Rowett Institute of Nutrition and Health.

And both as Chancellor of The University of Aberdeen and President of The National Osteoporosis Society and Patron of Arthritis Research UK she met students, staff and patients at a reception in support of these charities, today, January 18:

** express: Camilla opens state-of-the-art research lab in Aberdeen **

** dailymail: She's got chemistry! A cheerful Camilla dons a white lab coat as she tours a research facility in Aberdeen **

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom