The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 02-22-2013, 02:59 AM
Majesty

I love the Duchess's passion for promoting literacy and reading. I feel that the love of reading is not cultivated as much as it ought to be. So many kids would rather play video games than read a book,. Now, mind you, a lot of times it has to do with the fact that the books in the classroom/school library are just not appealing to the children, but that just means that teachers should put in more effort in trying to find out what interests each child and try to stock up the classroom library accordingly.

I'm not obsessed with royalty...I just think intensely about it.
Old 02-22-2013, 03:05 AM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Month Representative - Monaco and Sweden

As Patron of The Fan Museum the Duchess of Cornwall yesterday, February 21, also visited the Fan Museum in Greenwich, south-east London.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** zimbio gallery **

And here's another gallery of the Booktrust campaign launch: zimbio gallery: Camilla Visits Greenwich

Old 02-22-2013, 04:27 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daria_S View Post
I love the Duchess's passion for promoting literacy and reading. I feel that the love of reading is not cultivated as much as it ought to be. So many kids would rather play video games than read a book,. Now, mind you, a lot of times it has to do with the fact that the books in the classroom/school library are just not appealing to the children, but that just means that teachers should put in more effort in trying to find out what interests each child and try to stock up the classroom library accordingly.

That isn't always possible when there are limits on the school budget.
Old 03-26-2013, 02:56 PM
Nobility

It is really nice to see how hardworking Camilla really is. I think she will make a fantastic Queen Consort and definitely deserves that title.
Old 03-26-2013, 04:16 PM
Heir Apparent

Whilst acclimatising to the heat prior to their recent tour, Camilla took time out to check up on one of her charities - really interesting - which is an animal charity which is focusing on the care and welfare of animlas used at the Petra site.

The Duchess of Cornwall supports animal charity while in Jordan | Richard Palmer | Columnists | Comment | Daily Express

This precious stone set in the silver sea,......
This blessed plot, this earth, this realm, this England,
Old 03-26-2013, 09:22 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by cepe View Post
Whilst acclimatising to the heat prior to their recent tour, Camilla took time out to check up on one of her charities - really interesting - which is an animal charity which is focusing on the care and welfare of animlas used at the Petra site.

The Duchess of Cornwall supports animal charity while in Jordan | Richard Palmer | Columnists | Comment | Daily Express
I love that Camilla is a patron of groups that protect animals!The pic of her with the horse is just precious!
Old 03-26-2013, 09:59 PM
Majesty

I love that despite hating the extreme heat of the Middle East she spent longer than was required so that she could be at her best for the official stuff - a true professional.
Old 03-27-2013, 06:29 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iluvbertie View Post
I love that despite hating the extreme heat of the Middle East she spent longer than was required so that she could be at her best for the official stuff - a true professional.
Quite right.
Old 03-27-2013, 06:48 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iluvbertie View Post
She goes about her business quietly and efficiently and professionally. Preparing thoroughly in private and, when she is in the public eye, demonstrating the perfect demeanor. Showing the right level of interest in the subject and not drawing attention to herself. Just getting the job done with a wonderful sense of humour and a minimum of fuss. That is why I admire her and always have.
Old 03-27-2013, 08:27 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roslyn View Post

She goes about her business quietly and efficiently and professionally. Preparing thoroughly in private and, when she is in the public eye, demonstrating the perfect demeanor. Showing the right level of interest in the subject and not drawing attention to herself. Just getting the job done with a wonderful sense of humour and a minimum of fuss. That is why I admire her and always have.
Well said!

I'm not obsessed with royalty...I just think intensely about it.
Old 03-27-2013, 04:16 PM
Majesty

She really is an asset to the royal family.
Old 04-05-2013, 03:05 AM
Commoner

I think many people underestimate Camilla, then she proves them wrong!
Old 04-23-2013, 11:45 AM
Super Moderator

The Duchess of Cornwall as Patron of First Story hosted a tea party to celebrate the 5th anniversary of First Story at Clarence House today, April 23.

As Patron of The Big Lunch she also presented The Big Lunch Community Awards at Clarence House today.

** zimbio/gettyimages gallery **

** pp: Camilla Parker Bowles : Sourires et rires pour un anniversaire sous le soleil **

** birminghammail.co.uk: Future Queen and soap Queen join forces to honour Birmingham residents **

** hellomagazine: The Duchess of Cornwall and Barbara Windsor join forces for the Big Lunch initiative **
Old 04-23-2013, 12:02 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by iceflower View Post

The Duchess of Cornwall as Patron of First Story hosted a tea party to celebrate the 5th anniversary of First Story at Clarence House today, April 23.

As Patron of The Big Lunch she also presented The Big Lunch Community Awards at Clarence House today.

** zimbio/gettyimages gallery **
Lovely pictures. good to see Camilla back on the job.
Old 04-24-2013, 10:34 AM
Super Moderator

The Duchess of Cornwall as Honorary Patron of the National Association of Care Catering visited a Community Centre run by Elmbridge Borough Council in Cobham, Surrey today, April 24, 2013.

** gettyimages/zimbio gallery: The Duchess Of Cornwall Promotes Meals On Wheels With The Hairy Bikers **

** elmbridgeguardian.co.uk: Duchess of Cornwall Camilla teams up with Hairy Bikers for meals on wheels scheme in Molesey **
Old 05-02-2013, 04:49 PM
Super Moderator

The Duchess of Cornwall as Patron of the National Literacy Trust attended the Middlesbrough Reading Campaign Celebration in Middlesbrough today, May 2nd:

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 **

** bbc video: Duchess of Cornwall supports literacy event in Middlesbrough **

** gazettelive.co.uk: As it happened: Duchess of Cornwall visits Middlesbrough - GALLERY **

** thenorthernecho.co.uk: Duchess of Cornwall meets Roary the Lion on visit to Middlesbrough **
Old 05-02-2013, 05:28 PM
Majesty

Very nice to see the children very excited about reading. Very nice that Camilla took up Diana's former presidency of Barnardo’s. A very worthy charity.

Dr. Maya Angelou
Old 05-04-2013, 02:07 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Camilla, Duchess of Cornwall meets children from local schools as she take part in a celebration of reading and literacy during a visit to a library in Middlesbrough
Middlesbrough, England - 02.05.13
WENN Photo Library - Search Results
Old 05-11-2013, 11:04 AM
Super Moderator

On May 9 the Duchess of Cornwall as President of Maggie's Cancer Caring Centres attended a reception to thank 'House + Garden' readers who have opened their gardens as part of the magazine's campaign to raise money for Maggie's Cancer Caring Centres at Vogue House in London.

** zimbio gallery: Arrivals at the Vogue House Tea Party **
Old 05-22-2013, 03:46 PM
Super Moderator

The Duchess of Cornwall as President of the Royal Voluntary Service (RVS) attended a Service of Thanksgiving to celebrate the charity's 75th anniversary at St Paul's Cathedral today, May 22.

The RVS, previously known as the Women's Royal Voluntary Service (WRVS), is a charity organisation that helps older people live independent lives across Great Britain.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 **

** express.co.uk: The Duchess of Cornwall proves she's as stylish as ever in matching monochrome **

Tags
camilla, charities, duchess of cornwall, patronages